Closed Thread

Reload Thread: DLS vs Seas in active setup

Hernan is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DLS vs Seas in active setup

What set of speakers do you like more?

I will run they active from a 9861/H701combo.
    I already have two 4 ch amps (eclipse).

Dls Iridiums 63 or seas lotus reference midrange & tweet plus some good midbasss driver?

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DLS vs Seas in active setup

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan
    What set of speakers do you like more?

I will run they active from a 9861/H701combo.
    I already have two 4 ch amps (eclipse).

Dls Iridiums 63 or seas lotus reference midrange & tweet plus some good midbasss driver?
    Which 'good' midbass? Kind of difficult to compare when we we don't know what you will use with the other Seas drivers.

Seems like kind of a waste if you are going to buy the 6.3 set and not use the passives.

Both have a lot of potential to sound really good or like crap depending on install.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Hernan is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5
    Which 'good' midbass? Kind of difficult to compare when we we don't know what you will use with the other Seas drivers.

Seems like kind of a waste if you are going to buy the 6.3 set and not use the passives.

Both have a lot of potential to sound really good or like crap depending on install.
    I'm just starting to think about the seas. I don't know which midbass is the best companion to the seas. Any advise?
    I'm already running an active 3 way setup. I have found a big difference from the passive setup just changing xover points. That's why I just don't want to go back to a passive one.
    I know about the importance of the install. I'm thinking on kicks or dash pods for the mids/tweets and midbasses at the doors. Good deadning, etc.

I like very much the dash pods. I'm now running 4" in the dash (slightly angled forward) and tweets looking directly to my face. The stage height is perfect. At moderate volumes is headphones-like.

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan
    I'm just starting to think about the seas. I don't know which midbass is the best companion to the seas. Any advise?
    I'm already running an active 3 way setup. I have found a big difference from the passive setup just changing xover points. That's why I just don't want to go back to a passive one.
    I know about the importance of the install. I'm thinking on kicks or dash pods for the mids/tweets and midbasses at the doors. Good deadning, etc.

I like very much the dash pods. I'm now running 4" in the dash (slightly angled forward) and tweets looking directly to my face. The stage height is perfect. At moderate volumes is headphones-like.
    The DIYMA Forum awaits!!

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

Closed Thread