Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help me I need help w/ components

Some of you may know i am doing an install soon and I was going to buy some Blapunkt comps from the local shop and let them install so i wouldnt mess up but that would end up costing like 170 total and thats just stupid cuz you people say blaupunkt is crap....so i wanna buy a better pair of components from crutchfield...

I can choose from anything around two hundy (Infinity Reference 6010cs , Kicker 05KS62 , Polk Audio db6500, Infinity Kappa 60.7cs )

I am leaning towards the polk due to the reviews, but am open to suggestions

Is it worth spending more buying from crutchfield and installing on my own? Is the sq difference going to be noticable between Blaupunkt and the Polks?

Many suggested going the DIY route but the crossover seems as tho it would pose an issue for me and no one clarified the easiest way to go about it

soo lets discuss

Motley is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Re: Help me I need help w/ components

save yourself some money, and find some comps off ebay.

Install is easy, just connect the crossover that come with the speakers, to the speaker wires in your door. The woofer, and tweeter will have connections on the crossover. Easy install, do you have any amp?

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if he does diy, hes gonna either need to build his own crossover, or buy a head unit with active capabilities. if you ask the people that run active on here, most will say they have spent countless hours adjusting there system to get it right and are still messing with it. so unless you really know what your doing i would stick with a passive crossover and speakers. and no i wouldnt buy from crutchfield, great warranty and support but just to much money for me. and pm 6spdcoupe, he is a dealer for rainbow and he can get you some great sounding speakers for <200 dollars. you should try the rainblow slc's.

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

LilBassGuy is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can do ebay...ill check for some good deals

as far as DIY is concerned i dont wanna go thru the trouble of building my own crossover and selecting my own drivers cuz i might get one little thing wrong and then be paying for it cuz i ****...

i wouldnt mind buying some comps off ebay...but crutchfield orders come w/ the necessary brackets/adaptors/harnesses/etc....how would i acheive those w/out crutchfield?

amp is the aura 4 channel 50 RMS per channel

Kickerkitty is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In that price range, maybe Memphis or ID Chameleons.

Closed Thread

User Tag List