Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Replacing stock speakers

naiku is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon31 Replacing stock speakers

I need some opinions on speakers, and can't really decide on what to get. I am finally getting around to replacing all 4 speakers in my 2000 F-150. For a short period of time the speakers are going to be running off the stock HU (until I save enough for an amp to run them).

The problem I have is that there are so many diff speakers, that I have no idea which to go for. I am looking to probably spend somewhere around $200 for both front and rear (I don't want to spend more than that as I can't afford to, and am really only after improvement on the stock speakers). So far I have looked at and listened to Alpine's (SPS-57C2), JL Audios (can't remember model), Polks (Db-570), Infinity's (6812cf) but standing in a store am unable to figure out which is better. Prices vary all over the place, usually with eBay being the best option.

At the moment I have no intentions of adding a sub, and probably never will in this vehicle. So I want something that will at least provide some amount of bass (although I realize that speakers are never going to give me a huge amount of bass). And as I already mentioned I will be adding an amp to them in a few months time, so possibly need to take that into consideration.

So any recommendations? or are the ones I listed above about as good as I can get for the budget I have? Thanks.

NJAV1 is offline I give her pleasure....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Replacing stock speakers

You don't really have the funds to work with so to speak...so just get an amp and run your stock doors on the amp..see how you like it.

Refs: 6spdcoupe, riogigalo,nismos14

Closed Thread