Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GERMANIUMS vs SEAS LOTUS PERFORMANCE

i have finally ended my research between above 2 mentioned sets. Question is has anyone heard both of these or one of these to say are they worth $450? I heard the Seas Performance mechanically is very advanced. Please advise me with all your inputs.

Thanks a lot in advance

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: GERMANIUMS vs SEAS LOTUS PERFORMANCE

Quote Originally Posted by sqlover
    I heard the Seas Performance mechanically is very advanced.
    How so??

There are a couple of guys on the board who run the Germs, but they are not well known yet. Do a search on them and I guarantee you will find more. They are discussed nearly everyday it seems at this place. They say 6pd PM's are always full...probably becauses he's chillin in Saint Tropez with all the bank he's pullin in on Rainbow sales

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Care to elaborate on how theyre so "advanced?

Where in NJ are you?

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5
    How so??

There are a couple of guys on the board who run the Germs, but they are not well known yet. Do a search on them and I guarantee you will find more. They are discussed nearly everyday it seems at this place. They say 6pd PM's are always full...probably becauses he's chillin in Saint Tropez with all the bank he's pullin in on Rainbow sales

Haha I wish. I make so little on them I couldnt go to the Jersey shore for a vacation.

But yes, the PM is Always filling up quickly.

Refs:

sqlover is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"More detailed and realistic, better motor design as well" - said for Seas Performance. They have won numerous competitions using their home based drivers and now they come up with the car audio line with same award winning combination suited for cars.

Seas also have 2 lines to choose from whereas Rainbow has like 8-9 different lines to choose from, hence people saying the techs vary from fair to excellent in Rainbows whereas with Seas you only have to choose between 2 hence getting the best or little below the best.

These are the words i got from people. I myself is not a biggie in this arena, therefore trying to make a better decision for myself by getting info from experts like you all. I live in South Brunswick, 6spd.

thanks all.

NJAV1 is offline I give her pleasure....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"More detailed and realistic, better motor design as well" - said for Seas Performance. They have won numerous competitions using their home based drivers and now they come up with the car audio line with same award winning combination suited for cars.

Seas also have 2 lines to choose from whereas Rainbow has like 8-9 different lines to choose from, hence people saying the techs vary from fair to excellent in Rainbows whereas with Seas you only have to choose between 2 hence getting the best or little below the best.

These are the words i got from people. I myself is not a biggie in this arena, therefore trying to make a better decision for myself by getting info from experts like you all. I live in South Brunswick, 6spd.

thanks all.
    South Brunswick huh...I'm in Colonia and work in Piscataway...more local folk to add to the mix. I'm getting a set of Germs from Don soon so I'm going to be pretty stoked....

Refs: 6spdcoupe, riogigalo,nismos14

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks all.

Best bet would be to audition both. To me the Germs are a no brainer, especially with the plethora of adjustments that can be made via the crossover. The CAL25 soft dome is a hard to beat compact tweet, that typically surpasses most in its class.

For the record, I carry both, so no biased opinions here. Not to mention since your local either set would come from me. Im your local Rainbow dealer, as well as Lotus. MobileSQs rules also state: if you have a dealer within a 50mile radius they cant/wont sell directly to you.

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ok here's my experience. I had the Rainbow Pro Vanadium set with the aluminum dome Cal 25's and also used the silk Cal 25's with the same Vanadium mid. The aluminum domes didn't work for me where I wanted to install them in the A pillar location. They are great tweeters with nice detail, but I personally could't take a hard dome that high.

The fabrics in the A pillars were WAY better. I love the Cal 25 tweeter...which in my opinion is "better sounding" than the Lotus Reference fabric tweeter...untill pushed to high volume levels and then the Ref tweets are just awesome!! The price/performance on the Cal 25 is hard to match.

The Pro Vanadium mids are very smooth and IME could almost be run full range. I liked their forgivness and ablility to just plug and play. The Lotus Performance mids have a better midrange and have more of an open and airy sound when compared to the Pro's. My only gripe on the Performance mids was that they tended to be resonant in the mid vocals. Could be the install?!?!

I have to rank the Lotus Reference mids above the other two in terms of overall performance, realism, clarity, and tone. They are just better drivers and it shows up in the music. Bad music sounds like **** on them...they are that revealing. BUT good music is just soooooo nice!!!

Yes Rainbow has much more to choose from which is nice. The build quality on the Lotus drivers make Rainbow look like playskool IMHO. Seas uses a cast steel basket whereas Rainbow (at least in the Professional line) uses a hard plastic basket. You really have to hold both in your hand to appreciate the difference. Not saying one is better than the other, just an interesting comparison.

For $450 those Germs look hard to beat....mostly because of their flexiblity on the passive x-overs.

TEAM Front Fill

sqlover is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

6spd do you have a store or something where i can listen to them?

headless is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seas uses a cast steel basket whereas Rainbow (at least in the Professional line) uses a hard plastic basket.
    FYI, the germaniums use aluminum die-cast baskets..the woofers feel 'serious' when you handle them (very stiff) Did you order yours yet? :-P

Eclipse CD7000 - RioCar Empeg 3
    Rainbow Powerline CS 275.27 / Arc Audio 4150 XXK (Woofers) - Arc Audio 2100 XXK (Tweeters)
    Rainbow Vanadium 12 x2 / Arc Audio 1500 XXK
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAM HAMMER
    Your so full of Crap! The last place you want a Midbass or Sub is in front of you Retard Whens the last time you seen a 12in+ sub up front?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawson72
    Technically, bigger wire has more resistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headless
    FYI, the germaniums use aluminum die-cast baskets..the woofers feel 'serious' when you handle them (very stiff) Did you order yours yet? :-P
    Word life son. Did I order some Germs?? You talking ta me?? Nah, I'm bout running active tree waaae biotch /drunk

TEAM Front Fill

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

6spd do you have a store or something where i can listen to them?
    Me thinks he works at Audio Advice in socal

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GSteg
    Me thinks he works at Audio Advice in socal

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
    Best bet would be to audition both. To me the Germs are a no brainer, especially with the plethora of adjustments that can be made via the crossover. The CAL25 soft dome is a hard to beat compact tweet, that typically surpasses most in its class.

For the record, I carry both, so no biased opinions here. Not to mention since your local either set would come from me. Im your local Rainbow dealer, as well as Lotus. MobileSQs rules also state: if you have a dealer within a 50mile radius they cant/wont sell directly to you.

I'm just gonna have o disagree - lawl

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok here's my experience. I had the Rainbow Pro Vanadium set with the aluminum dome Cal 25's and also used the silk Cal 25's with the same Vanadium mid. The aluminum domes didn't work for me where I wanted to install them in the A pillar location. They are great tweeters with nice detail, but I personally could't take a hard dome that high.

The fabrics in the A pillars were WAY better. I love the Cal 25 tweeter...which in my opinion is "better sounding" than the Lotus Reference fabric tweeter...untill pushed to high volume levels and then the Ref tweets are just awesome!! The price/performance on the Cal 25 is hard to match.

The Pro Vanadium mids are very smooth and IME could almost be run full range. I liked their forgivness and ablility to just plug and play. The Lotus Performance mids have a better midrange and have more of an open and airy sound when compared to the Pro's. My only gripe on the Performance mids was that they tended to be resonant in the mid vocals. Could be the install?!?!

I have to rank the Lotus Reference mids above the other two in terms of overall performance, realism, clarity, and tone. They are just better drivers and it shows up in the music. Bad music sounds like **** on them...they are that revealing. BUT good music is just soooooo nice!!!

Yes Rainbow has much more to choose from which is nice. The build quality on the Lotus drivers make Rainbow look like playskool IMHO. Seas uses a cast steel basket whereas Rainbow (at least in the Professional line) uses a hard plastic basket.
    I too would chose the Cal 25 soft dome over the Reference soft dome, specially the chambered Cal25 on the Germs, that doesnt suffer from the breakup characteristics that the older ones suffered from at super high volumes. Its better than the older version.

As far as the Profi basket, I cant judge the build quality to be subpar vs the Lotus because they chose a special compound basket. After all, its not an off the shelf part as is the Lotus basket- and actually was engineered and R&D'd for the Profi line. I think that the Phase Plug Profi mid gets overlooked as most dont opt for that option- there are tonal characeristics in the midrange that I actually prefer over the Lotus , perhaps its the cone material...

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BTW...I think the Reference line is very nice for the LOtus, but I'm sorry...the Performances are boo-boo son....

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List