Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Door question

canadian_mofo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Door question

Just recieved my package of raamat BXT today (Rick is a great guy as many of you have said and i would totally recomend his service) and will be installing it next week. One question is there is one hole in my door a pretty big one that would be good for getting in and installing the deadening mat, but its covered by a placstic peice with slits in it and rubber flaps over the slips that move. Its not screwed it its attached with those non removable things (LOL i cant remember their name) would it be ok to rip that off? If i ripped it off i could install the deadening so much easier then cover the hole with 1/4" MDF after that would work yes/no?

FoxPro5 is offline Causal wanderer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Door question

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_mofo
    Just recieved my package of raamat BXT today (Rick is a great guy as many of you have said and i would totally recomend his service) and will be installing it next week. One question is there is one hole in my door a pretty big one that would be good for getting in and installing the deadening mat, but its covered by a placstic peice with slits in it and rubber flaps over the slips that move. Its not screwed it its attached with those non removable things (LOL i cant remember their name) would it be ok to rip that off? If i ripped it off i could install the deadening so much easier then cover the hole with 1/4" MDF after that would work yes/no?
    Not exactly sure what you are referring to, but that plastic rain guard just keeps the rain in the doors and not on the door panel. It's basically usless and you really can toss it.

Check the sticky on proper sound deadening at top of the page for pictures of other deadening jobs.

TEAM Front Fill

The Fox audiomobile now sounds more quality thanks to SDS power.

The most expensive solution is the one that doesn't do the job correctly. ~ Me

thehardknoxlife is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Door question

What kind of car is it?

Closed Thread