Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Good Components?

New At This is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good Components?

What brand of component speakers is good? I've heard that the American Bass components sound pretty nice, and ive also listened to them as well. They have pretty good sound quality. Do yall have any other advice/ recommendations on components speakers?

If i decide to go with component speakers, should i stay with my stock speakers in the rear or should i buy some cheap new speakers?

By the way, the speakers sizes in both front and back are 6x8s/5x7s.

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Good Components?

No need to double post.

Anyway, a lot of good brands are out there, a lot of which we don't know about. Of the ones we do, I can recommend Next Audio, Aura Sound, and Rainbow from personal experience.
    You can EASILY get adapter plates off ebay that will change the 6x8/5x7 spot into a 5.25 spot, which suddenly gives you a half million better options for speakers. I recommend this, stronger than you'd like to believe.

Odds are you won't need speakers in the rear, to the point where you can pull out the stock ones and box 'em up for if you sell the vehicle later (It's a Ford F150, isn't it?). The fronts will have enough sound to them that rear fill is just trying to fix what ain't broke.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it is an F150. What did you mean about the rear speakers fixing what ain't broke? So should i just put the stock ones back in there with components in the front?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty much, only not use the rear speakers at all.

My brother has an F150, which is how I guessed the truck. I know with the stock system almost all the sound comes from the rear speakers. Frankly I don't know how he stands it. To me, it just seems like a better idea to rip out the ever-so-muffling speaker grill cloth in the door panels (HINT HINT) and just use some nice comps in the stock front locations.

In fact, after that cloth is gone, a decent pair of coaxials would make a more than noticable difference. Really, that stuff makes my brothers speakers act like they're playing through a pillow.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you think i should take out the speaker girls cloth/bar stuff out on both the front and back? If i do, what would i replace it with to protect my speakers? Could i just adjust the sound on my headunit to come mostly from the front and solve the rear problem? I don't know, I appreciate your help, i'm just trying to figure out what to do to get the best sound quality at the lowest price.

Should i get components in the front and leave the stock in the back or get some cheap aftermarket speakers for the back? I'm not gonna have an amp hooked up to the headunit to run through the speakers. Do you think the headunit will put out enough to support the components in the front?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you should use your HU to fade from front, to back, to front until you find what you like the best. I recommend all to the front, but that's just preference.

Pull out the speaker grill cloth and look at it. If it's really dirty with mud and water stains, put a thin but tightwoven cloth over it, like bedsheet material or satin, just pick it up at Walmart. If it's just sun-faded, you've never needed the cloth in the first place.

And finally, an amp is almost necessary if you're going with component speakers. If you will use your HU as your only power source, some good coaxials, like Pioneer Revs, will give you better sound than a lot of components.

OldManTod is offline Grilling is my Passion!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a brand out there that is pretty cheap and has good quality (not the best) I don't remember the manufacturer but the model number is SE-Arch...

give it a go.

- T

Originally Posted by OdieTRP
    "Metallica + booze + youth = some of the best music ever
    Metallica + sobriety + age = terrible music"

Closed Thread