Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Rainbow Comps?

crazy4ozs is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rainbow Comps?

been looking to upgrade from my type r comps to sum rainbows...any suggestions...saw the 3 way comps at a comp, sounded preety dam good...kinda leanin in taht direction, what amp should i pair with it?

HowLowd is offline 03 Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rainbow Comps?

xtant 604x
    or the 403 with the passives activated...

or any arc audio would be nice...

mcintosh? Brax?

Really comes down to what you want to spend and exactly how transparent of a sound youd like. The 403 can be purchased directly from xtant for 200 and with an rm4 module support five channels. It is a clean amplifier and I would look to the 604 if 75-90 clean watts isnt enough. (That is a moderate approximation of what the thing is actually outputting, but mine is plenty lowd and clear in comparison to the 6 channel jl i pulled out.) Even with the rears 4db attenuated.

ACTIVELY: MODDING
    ALPINE|RAINBOW|RE AUDIO|MTX|DLS NOBELLIUM|MONSTER
    3 More|HP|And|I'd|Be|Dangerous.
    RIP Phonzo...04/19/08
    FEEDBACK ON CA Forums
    plugitin,MAC,Speedfreak28,Valter,6spdcoupe,teamqua kecelica,Squeak12, MoeLester, Marshallb,nismos14, HD Racing, GoingDef154,djvi0lent,Frito,plyer3

drzenitram is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the rainbow dream series and they sound beautiful, they just don't get as loud as I'd like them to. I have the 5 1/8" speakers, but I'll be ordering the contour line 6 1/2" next.

You've got my vote for rainbowwww.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well im looking for something for around 300-400 bucks a set...and it looks like the dream series are pushing only like 150...so mabye a sumthin bit mroe xcpensive....like i said i already have type r comps...so sumthin better than them....p.s. im going to SQ

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking at teh CS 275.27 ....any1 have em? how do they sound? gonna be paired wtiha single 12" type r sub....so ya...let me no

da_tank is offline The Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know expensive speakers are all around expensive, amps to push'em, sound dampening, good processing, proper install, wiring, good matching with a sub to accentuate the quality of sound you're looking for. It'sgonna be tough to find an amp in that price range for those speakers especially a three way set that needs good balance and alot of tweaking with crossover points and.... well just alot of work. but that is why we're in this!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tank it looks like u have the pro 365's...how do u like em? what amp r u usin? how much did those mothers cost ya?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a jl 450/4.... i would have gone with the arc audio but one of my friends deals them but i got it from a guy on this forum cheap. I mostly got it 'cause of the rips system so when decide to have door panels built i'll add my old 6.5 (pro 265) to this setup without having to add another amp. My friend also sold me the rainbows so i cant reveal the price, real low though lol!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dang bro....lucky is all i can say! im lookin at those real hard for the fronts...what abotu the rear? coax or do u think i should slap another pair of comps bakc there for a great sounds EVERYWHERE and not jsut in teh driviers seat...gonna take this are to comps fyi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dont worry 'bout spending money on rear-fill all it'll do is ruin your front stage anyway, and the whole point is the drivers seat, it's your car but if you do get something for the passengers comps are the way to go!but remember dont do it!
    Yeah i got lucky with those ,they sound amazing, i've heard other top notch speakers and these are the winners to me. the phd's are more detailed though they are prob a bit better, but hey cant win them all. And don't let guys talk trash 'bout the jl amps they're real nice, i compared my jl with the arcs, the arcs are more detailed and cleaner but they could always be an upgrade. I've already decided on the audison amps, these are beasts!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh ya dude, i no all abotu the JL amps, my first set up was 2 type r 12"s with a JL 100/1 and a JL 300/4 pushing type r speakers....so trust me...there nice! that is if u no how to tweak all those littly annoying knobs and buttoms on teh bottom, lol, so u think that i shoudl definatly got 4 coax in the back?...which ones, i assume rainbow if im goign for that in the fronts...want somewthing that will match the powerline CS's....any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

like i said it'd rear fill.... anything you like you're just filling in thats all!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, so im thinking the CS 275.27 for teh fronts and for the rear teh KX 165's....that hopefully will sound decent ...now abotu power...looks like the CS's need quite a bit of juice (180 watts RMS)...i looked at the audison amps...doesnt look like itll give me enuf of waht i need, so mabye a pair of 300/4's bridged? or sumthing else mabye?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just 'cause the watts arent a bijillion doesnt mean you wont have enough power, ive heard 40 watts sound huge well kind o f unfair it was a tube amp but amp ratings are all over the place sometimes. the big companies underate their stuffor do they everyone else might overate their stuff feel me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh ya man, i feel ya completley, i was just trying to get sum imput on waht amp can provide me with 180 REAL watts, and i didnt pick those speakers for teh high RMS wattage...but now im in a pickle of where i DO need alot of power...its not like im gonna buy and a-bahn to power em...lol, but mabye sum JL amps or a pair of arc audio KAR 400/2's...those are only bout 200 a piece...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast