Closed Thread

Reload Thread: rear deck/door speakers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rear deck/door speakers

Well back fill in my car doesnt make a difference and thats why i wouldnt recommend it to other people. But i just added some rev series co axils in my moms explorer. There are spots in the back doors and well with these new rev co axils in both doors, my god the rear speakers really give you that surround sound feel. I guess in my car its just to put the speakers in the rear deck is just too far away? (4 door civic). i think definitely that too many people in this forum are steered away from rear speakers. Please some one correct me if im wrong.

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Go, passer-by, and tell the world
    That we perished in the cause,
    Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: rear deck/door speakers

It would seem that the popular opinion on the matter is rear fill is unecessary at best and entirely a waste at worst.

That being said I gotta say this isn't an opinion I agree with. I like rear fill....and lots of it! But I reckon to each their own....

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Dozy_production is offline Poel

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah man, but see in my car i would need to the front so the back can keep up. But in my moms explorer im in a dang theater! got extra points from the rents for it. they asked me how and i merely told them it was the magical pixie dust.

Its 106 miles to chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My opinion falls in the middle of the other opinions. I say rear fill is ok but not at the expense of losing the image up front. And if you go for rear fill I would say NOT to spend much money on it. More money should be spent on the front speakers and minimal spent on the rear fill.

I myself do not use rear fill but have in the past. The main reason I switched was because I was competing and didn't want to chance screwing up my front stage and losing points. Daily driving I say do what you want and if you like it that way then for the love of god listen to it that way.

AllStar1500bd is offline Times have changed

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my Explorer, I loved it when I had rear fills. Currently I am running a huge empty hole in my rear fill spot. I think in SUV's, you need a rear fill to get the surround sound feel and also to keep your passangers happy. Currently I am looking for a decent pair of 5x7s to do the job, so if any of you guys have some, let me know.

Refs: CJ8501, msimon, bbb543, bigbirney420,ScoobyDoo, esco, LeofromtheH, 2000gator, aesoj, Toasted1, NMBR1SPT, j1b1e1, greenzx12 (2 RF HX2 15" subs) and many, many, many more on here, and on eBay

I MURDER THiEVES

(ie: you steal from me, I kill you). srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerSoItBump View Post
    I vote conservative because that's where my morals are... I don't bleev in murdering babies unless its for food.

And there's alot of things I don't agree with on either side, thats why I just decide to stand where my morals are.

Sorry for being the typical white person.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

stereo signal is 2 channel you may have front and rear channels but when used and not adjustable it muddies up the sound pretty bad. stores push rear fill to get more sales. want and or need proof get an iasca sq cd and try it out. im sure about half the people that do this will also find out that a speaker or 2 are wired wrong to boot. (the test cd has a manual that is pretty direct on how it should sound)

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

JoseMCeee is offline $tack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kinda off topic, but can you wire the speaker outputs of the deck together to give some rear fill double the power? If this does work why not have rear fill. Just have a nice 100x 2 amp for the amp and wire the rears to the deck. I think it makes the car seem more full of music and even if you have subs, it will still sound good because more bass than vocals will come from the rear. But you will still be able to hear enough vocals from the rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its budget dependant/personal prefference to have a sub but in the grand scheme of things here most people have subs and have components. i mean sure if you just have a head unit and switch factory speakers and want 6x9 bass go for it but i wouldnt call typical systems set up this way audiophile type of set ups. in my experiences (not saying this in a bashing sense cause most shops dont know or dont push for this the push for the $)people dont really know what a car/truck/suv can sound like. hell even when they can go to shows they dont really get to listen to the types of music they themselves would want to listen on it. back when i had my full blown comp car i invited people to bring a cd and let them have some control on the volume and such. when a system is set up right it is set up right no if and or buts about it reguardless of what music is playing on it.

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eople dont really know what a car/truck/suv can sound like. hell even when they can go to shows they dont really get to listen to the types of music they themselves would want to listen on it. back when i had my full blown comp car i invited people to bring a cd and let them have some control on the volume and such. when a system is set up right it is set up right no if and or buts about it reguardless of what music is playing on it.
    I know what your talking about. My friends have sony xplod speakers and think the sound cant be any better (only because they havent been in my car ) but i was saying at least in my explorer, your just sitting with the right height or something which makes those rear door speakers give you concert feel, when driving, not competing.

Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you think that competition" sound isnt concert like aka realistic? if you understood the guidelines more about it i think you would really know what a comp car was striving for...it isnt just about a phat install or running some goonie goo-goo equipment noone knows what it does or is for (it eventually seemed that way when it was huge) its about sound.

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well you said that for competition you didnt put rear fill because it decreased sq. Well, IMO, i think in the explorer the rear fill is necessary almost just because it gives that SUV some really rich feel to the sound. NO aiming required. Thats what my point was

Faithful to our orders.

War Is Not Pro Life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dozy_production
    Well you said that for competition you didn't put rear fill because it decreased sq. Well, IMO, i think in the explorer the rear fill is necessary almost just because it gives that SUV some really rich feel to the sound. NO aiming required. Thats what my point was
    ill bet money what i said about a test CD holds true still . when the voice staging and the drum tracks play on it it will throw the whole set up out of whack. what that causes (in pure terms) carries over to more than just from those test tracks. anything you play on it musically will be just as cluttered and yes there is a difference. i wont argue that your idea isn't better than factory but its still a far far far far cry from being good. just try what i said for 20 bucks (for the CD) its a fun learning experience in all seriousness. and when you listen to the CD dont just think it sounds good read the manual. a good to a great system will sound just like it is laid out on the CD. no cuts in sound stage, no pulls hell it wont even sound like a car. you wont really have any idea where the speakers are, and there is more to it than just aiming. if you dont wanna do it i understand but dont sell it short unless you try it. its a good bit of education that you cant learn from reading trust me.

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

alteraudiousa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rear is good and bad and all depends on whos doing it and how well they do it. If you notice music halls and all usually have only front speakers but they are positioned typically high on the stage so that the sound does travel to the rear also. UNfonrtunately a car does not have this luxury and all its speakers are below head level and most are below waist level. While a good front stage is definitely needed and "done correctly" rear fill is beneficial but its called rear fill not rear stage. I have decided to go with a rear fill after using front stage only for some time. I have decided to use some LP-2 remotes that will give me attentuation over the speakers and tweets in the rear like HT has with speaker levels. I am doing this so yes i can actually "mute" the rear fill if i wanted to or like sometimes if i have the windows down or someone in the rear i will be able to have some rear fill without taking or overpowering my front stage. Thats my .02$ and to each is his own. There are a few demo cars like the Focal Sentra that has a full 5.1 setup but was very very well liked in stereo also.

Authorized CDT dealer

Newest Setup
    Eclipse 8454
    Coustic XM6
    Concept CC-D1200
    (2) Monitor 1 MK2.70
    CDT M6 with drt-26 braxial mounted
    Hybrid Audio Legatia L3
    Stereo Integrity Mag 15

Closed Thread