Closed Thread

Reload Thread: tweet location

camry_tuner is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tweet location

where should i mount my tweeters? i dont have the space to make kicks, because i have a foot e-brake. my last resort is making tweeter pods in the sails, but i dont really want to go that route unless there are no other options. Car is a 1993 camry, comp set is focal polyglass 165v2. i know that most of the suggestions will be to test them out and see where i like them, but i just want to see some options as to where to mount them. thanks a lot

2008 Honda Fit Sport
    Work in Progress

Refs: flakko, cpierce, mega1268, cd6551, 2kchevy, backtofront001, stuckinok, xdavieexx, keefy248, james bang, and more

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tweet location

just wire em up and use tape or something and try a bunch of different locations and find the one that sounds best to you.

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

kuijo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have mine in my sails, they sound amazing. Make sure you aim them accordingly not just place them there.

takeabao is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a 94 Camry myself.

You might want to consider mounting them in your A-pillars -- but that will require a little fiberglass work. Sail-pods work just fine in that car too.

I'd recommend, ditching the eu-700s in your rear deck -- that's only going to draw your sound-stage to your rear and muddy up your bass.

You can fix most imaging issues with the time alignment and crossovers on your 7998 -- **** fine piece of equipment.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by takeabao
    I'd recommend, ditching the eu-700s in your rear deck -- that's only going to draw your sound-stage to your rear and muddy up your bass.

You can fix most imaging issues with the time alignment and crossovers on your 7998 -- **** fine piece of equipment.
    i plan on keeping the eu's crossed low, i really like the eu's so i plan on keeping them, but my install and set up is designed to be able to have some form of bass if i hav to take out my sub to carry a large load. that's my plan, and im probably going to stick to it. also, if i ever decide to go active 3-way, i could use the eu's for midbass

thanks for your input tho =D

2008 Honda Fit Sport
    Work in Progress

Refs: flakko, cpierce, mega1268, cd6551, 2kchevy, backtofront001, stuckinok, xdavieexx, keefy248, james bang, and more

takeabao is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by camry_tuner
    i plan on keeping the eu's crossed low, i really like the eu's so i plan on keeping them, but my install and set up is designed to be able to have some form of bass if i hav to take out my sub to carry a large load. that's my plan, and im probably going to stick to it. also, if i ever decide to go active 3-way, i could use the eu's for midbass

thanks for your input tho =D
    Great plan. Gen 3 Camrys have pretty roomy trunks -- fits a couple dead bodies pretty easily. So hopefully you won't have to remove your box all too often.

Just make sure deaden the HELL out've that rear deck. Doors are decently deep -- even for your average midsized family sedan. Dunno if you could fit eu-700s in there.

Used to have a pair myself, but sold them because of inefficiency and practicality issues.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well imgonna deaden the rear deck pretty well, and i dont think i could throw the eu's in the doors without modification... but who knows, i hav plenty of different routes i can take /w my set up and the flexability of the headunit... so with the eu's i have more options to play with.

2008 Honda Fit Sport
    Work in Progress

squeak12 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im putting mine on the a-pillar. Thats where I like them best.

Closed Thread