I could use some advice on deciding which set of speakers to purchase. First some facts:
- My vehicle is a soft top "05 Jeep Wrangler
- I am replacing stock 4x6 with 4x6 plates
- I am replacing 5.25 roll bars with either aftermarket 5.25 or 6.50
- Head unit will be Alpine 9847
- Amp will be either JL e4300, JL 300/4 or Polk 300.4
- 2-10" subs will be added (Infinity Perfect 10.1d)
The speakers in question are:
- Polk MOMO MMC 460 (plates) and the Polk MOMO MMC 525 or 650
- Infinity Reference 6412cfp (plates) and the Infinity Reference 5012i or 6012i
- Infinity Kappa 462.7cfp (plates) and Infinity Kappa 52.7i or 62.7i
The reason i havent decided between the 5.25 and 6.50 is because i havent determine how easy a mod will be to increase the stock 5.25 to 6.50. If it is painless, than i will go with the 6.50.
Anyhow, here is my dilemma. The Polk's would be my first choice, but they have lower sensitivity (est. 88db) than either of the Infinity's (est. 91db for reference & est. 94db for Kappa's). Will I notice a significant difference given my vehicle and choice of amps? In addition, the rollbar speakers require an external crossover.
I like the Infinity's, mainly because they offer pivoting tweeters, whereas the only Polk models to offer such require an external crossover. Good for sq, but bad for space. Has anyone had experience with placing the external crossovers in the rollbar compartment?
If I were to go with the Infinity's, what is the tradeoff between the silk tweeters and 4 ohms of the Reference series compared to the metal tweeters and 2 ohms of the Kappa series?
I appreciate any feedback you can provide in regards to the better system, and any of the modifications mentioned above.