Closed Thread

Reload Thread: diy help

griz145389 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

diy help

I was looking around for some components that would suit my needs, and I found a great deal on some 6.5 mids, and a passive crossover. I bought A set Of Boston Acoustic RC620 Mids, and A kicker MR-350 crossover. A few specs: I know on these things is that the BA's take 20-285 watts and extend down to 60 hz, and are 4ohms. The Kicker has a crossover point of 350hz, and 3500 or 4500 adjustable, and is also 4ohms.

The components will be run off of a Profile BA400 amp, and will complement a brahma 15" that is ported and tuned to 28 hz.

I am figuring that 350 will be too high of a point for the mids, however, I have a possible solution. The amp i would be running the system off of has a adjustable crossover on it from 50 to 500 hz. It is also a 2 ohm per channel stable amp. So since the mids and the crossovers are both in a 4 ohm configration, I was thinking of wiring the mids and crossovers in series. That way the amp would see a 2ohm load, I could set a crossover for the mids around 80, and then just run tweeters (which I still haven't picked out lol) off of the passive crossovers.

Would that work, or would only hooking up tweeters to the crossover somehow effect the performance of the crossover? And if anyone has some good suggestions on some silk tweeters that can handle at least 120 rms, and are 4ohm, it would be appreciated.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: diy help

been up for a day, and still no views

acousticguitar is offline Law and Order

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not sure that using speakers with a passive xover NOT designed for these speakers ia good idea. (ok, it isnt)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acousticguitar
    im not sure that using speakers with a passive xover NOT designed for these speakers ia good idea. (ok, it isnt)
    Understandable. I know this will not be optimum, however, I would be running the mids active offf the amp crossover, and would then only need to find some tweets that would work okay with both the mids and a crossover point of 3500 or 4500. I just want to know if I can even run it like this, or if it would not work at all.

Closed Thread