Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Speakers in general

  1. #1
    bigman411's Avatar
    bigman411 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Speakers in general

    How do you tune it so when you crank up the volume, the words get louder, but the sound stays behind. I want to hear more lyrics than sound. When I have it at full blast, the words are not being rapped clear, like there is so much sound going on in the car. btw I have boston acoustics z6's with addition 2 kicker tweeters and 2 sets of components in the rear.







  2. #2
    HeatSeeker's Avatar
    HeatSeeker is offline Oh lawds



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    I think your problem is too many speakers. Get rid of everything besides the z6's, get at least 200watts going to each, deadened doors, and see how they sound.




  3. #3
    bigman411's Avatar
    bigman411 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatSeeker
    I think your problem is too many speakers. Get rid of everything besides the z6's, get at least 200watts going to each, deadened doors, and see how they sound.
    Well I like it really really loud. I thought tweeters are for lyrics. I have a new mustang. Also the z6's are together with midbass/tweeter. I have the JL 450/4 on them. I think its really hard to get sound out of a convertible.




  4. #4
    chinny's Avatar
    chinny is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Miami Dade
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    my rainbow slc 265.03's are set perfect when i had them installed in my neon, now their here sitting next to me... i like my music were i can hear the lyrics and then the beats... some speakers will do that better than others and these rainbows love doing it




  5. #5
    HeatSeeker's Avatar
    HeatSeeker is offline Oh lawds



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by bigman411
    Well I like it really really loud. I thought tweeters are for lyrics. I have a new mustang. Also the z6's are together with midbass/tweeter. I have the JL 450/4 on them. I think its really hard to get sound out of a convertible.
    Tweeters reproduce any sound above what theyre crossed over at, wether it be lyrics or insturments. Same with the woofers. With so many tweeters youre probably getting more of the high-end insturmentals than lyrics. I actually disconnected the tweets from one of my ranbow comp sets (bored and messing around lol), and discovered most of the vocals were coming from the woofers.




  6. #6
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by HeatSeeker
    I actually disconnected the tweets from one of my ranbow comp sets (bored and messing around lol), and discovered most of the vocals were coming from the woofers.
    Yeah. Most of the human vocal range is in the upper midbass/lower midrange region, which is typically played by the mid.


    I'd try disconnecting the kicker tweets and attenuating the Z6 tweeters and see what you think.

    But there is no way to *just* increase the vocals.




  7. #7
    bigman411's Avatar
    bigman411 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Yeah. Most of the human vocal range is in the upper midbass/lower midrange region, which is typically played by the mid.


    I'd try disconnecting the kicker tweets and attenuating the Z6 tweeters and see what you think.

    But there is no way to *just* increase the vocals.
    So just disconnect the tweeters and not move the z6 tweets to the mach pod? keep them with the woofer in the door panel.




  8. #8
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by bigman411
    So just disconnect the tweeters and not move the z6 tweets to the mach pod? keep them with the woofer in the door panel.

    Yup.




  9. #9
    bigman411's Avatar
    bigman411 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    Yup.
    Will it be as loud? Lol I got the Z6's for SQ and to get very loud on the 450/4. I guess I cant be ever satisfied. Also how do i get rid of the speaker vibrations out of the door when bass hits on some notes/songs. I have dynamated my whole car.




  10. #10
    squeak9798's Avatar
    squeak9798 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Speakers in general

    Quote Originally Posted by bigman411
    Will it be as loud?
    Probably not as loud on the top end. But if you were having problems hearing your lyrics, my guess would be the top end was too loud to begin with in relation to the rest of the stereo.

    Also how do i get rid of the speaker vibrations out of the door when bass hits on some notes/songs. I have dynamated my whole car.
    Apparently you didn't deaden something good enough




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Adding speakers to third row '03 windstar
    By mundy5 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 02:47 PM
  2. wiring new speakers
    By twitch in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 01:23 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
  4. Opinions on RF Speakers
    By Forty-Ouncer in forum Speakers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 12:48 AM
  5. Speakers Blown?
    By mrmafioso04 in forum Speakers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum