Closed Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Reload Thread: aura tweets

  1. #1
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    aura tweets

    i have been holding on to a set from desertheat for a while and i want to use them for a diy 2 way comp set. havent decided on active or passive yet..what freq do the auras like to be crossed over at so i can find a compatible set of mids? also what were the aura tweeters rms rating?







  2. #2
    Raven's Avatar
    Raven is offline Lacking social skills!



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    I think they are rated at about 80wrms, don't quote me on that. I've also been told they can do 2.5khz and up.




  3. #3
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    thanks . if i knew the exact model of these it would be easier for me.




  4. #4
    Logikalliquid's Avatar
    Logikalliquid is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoVA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    I've got a pair hanging around too. I think I heard them called MR1 tweeters, I know they came in the MR62 component set.



    "The only thing we have to fear more than fear itself is the indifference of good men."
    -Boondock Saints
    '98 240SX SE
    US Acoustic 4085 - Crystal SSX615
    US Acoustic 2150 - JL 10W6

    REFs: http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94778

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Where you live (Ex. Los Angeles, CA)
    Posts
    2,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    I had the tweets from the MR620 component set actually... and desertheat told me they handled a little *more* power than the famous tweeters that everyone bought on the forums, he reccommended the famous tweets around 50 RMS is what he told me... said mine were around 60 rms.



    Owner of Post 22,222 in THE Thread.

  6. #6
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    what mid would be suitable to use with it? i want a 6.5-8" mid that would be mounted in the door so i guess it would be considered an IB mid im looking for. not looking to break the bank here either.




  7. #7
    WLDock's Avatar
    WLDock is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    MR 52, MR62, coaxial
    MR 5.1, MR 6.1 comp set
    MR1 tweeter
    pdf:

    http://www.aurasound.com/discontinued/body.html

    analogkid,
    How do you like the Xtant 4" comps?
    I had a set of the XIS2.5 coaxials and just ordered a set of the XIS2.4 coaxials to play around with. These are going in the dash...will compare against some 3" Tang Band W3-871S full ranges. I have some of the Aura tweeters or some Max Fidelity tweets for the top end so these will be mids only.
    Do you plan to keep the XTANTS?

    Do you plan to run a three-way set...tweet, mid, mid-bass? or are you looking to go two-way with the Aura tweet and a mid/midbass(woofer)?
    How much are you looking to spend on the 6.5"- 8" mid?
    If you are going two-way and want to run 8" drivers you will need a set that can play up to the tweeter's cut off. There are a lot of diy options around.

    Dayton Audio
    Seas
    Phaze Audio
    Silver Flute
    Vifa
    Last edited by WLDock; 10-13-2005 at 12:40 PM.




  8. #8
    OlogyAudio's Avatar
    OlogyAudio is offline Audio-Ologist



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I think they are rated at about 80wrms, don't quote me on that. I've also been told they can do 2.5khz and up.
    I'd do over 3k... 4th order you could possibly manage 2500

    Seas Excel Nextel drivers are nice -- and extend to 4k fine -- so a 3k xover point... would be nice enough -- they cost some money though... Vifa MG -- looks pretty good at a lower price... a mode at 1k could be a problem -- or just make things sound a bit laid back -- they start being a little more directional over 2khz though just because it is a 7"

    I may have to pick up some Mgs and play with them



    Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

    -------------------------------------------------

    Believe it or not That is a 6.5"

  9. #9
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    Quote Originally Posted by WLDock
    MR 52, MR62, coaxial
    MR 5.1, MR 6.1 comp set
    MR1 tweeter
    pdf:

    http://www.aurasound.com/discontinued/body.html

    analogkid,
    How do you like the Xtant 4" comps?
    I had a set of the XIS2.5 coaxials and just ordered a set of the XIS2.4 coaxials to play around with. These are going in the dash...will compare against some 3" Tang Band W3-871S full ranges. I have some of the Aura tweeters or some Max Fidelity tweets for the top end so these will be mids only.
    Do you plan to keep the XTANTS?

    Do you plan to run a three-way set...tweet, mid, mid-bass? or are you looking to go two-way with the Aura tweet and a mid/midbass(woofer)?
    How much are you looking to spend on the 6.5"- 8" mid?
    If you are going two-way and want to run 8" drivers you will need a set that can play up to the tweeter's cut off. There are a lot of diy options around.

    Dayton Audio
    Seas
    Phaze Audio
    Silver Flute
    Vifa

    xtants are ok. sound isnt the greatest but they have been able to hang with 75rms going to them for some time so thats why i kept them. (they were only rated for 40 i believe.) not nearly enough midbass for a front stage. but i was holding back on cutting holes in my doors. now im going to so it will be a night and day difference nearly doubling the mid size, given i do it right. i wouldnt spring for the xtants again, even if i got them for 50 bux on ebay like i did. i will be going 2way with an active crossover for my setup i have decided. as for pricing on the mids i want i dont know. i dont really wanna go to expensive. i might check out what dayton has to offer since ive been hearing nothing but praise about them.




  10. #10
    OlogyAudio's Avatar
    OlogyAudio is offline Audio-Ologist



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    Quote Originally Posted by analogkid
    xtants are ok. sound isnt the greatest but they have been able to hang with 75rms going to them for some time so thats why i kept them. (they were only rated for 40 i believe.) not nearly enough midbass for a front stage. but i was holding back on cutting holes in my doors. now im going to so it will be a night and day difference nearly doubling the mid size, given i do it right. i wouldnt spring for the xtants again, even if i got them for 50 bux on ebay like i did. i will be going 2way with an active crossover for my setup i have decided. as for pricing on the mids i want i dont know. i dont really wanna go to expensive. i might check out what dayton has to offer since ive been hearing nothing but praise about them.
    Just so you know someone else with aura tweeters contacted me and is interested in getting a 2 way made with the vifa mg...

    The dayton RS don't extend well over 2k... (or else they would be my absolute 100% favorite drivers on earth hands down)



    Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

    -------------------------------------------------

    Believe it or not That is a 6.5"

  11. #11
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    Quote Originally Posted by OlogyAudio
    Just so you know someone else with aura tweeters contacted me and is interested in getting a 2 way made with the vifa mg...

    The dayton RS don't extend well over 2k... (or else they would be my absolute 100% favorite drivers on earth hands down)
    didnt know that. . im gonna hit parts express and look around a bit and check the vifas you mentioned. thanks




  12. #12
    OlogyAudio's Avatar
    OlogyAudio is offline Audio-Ologist



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Age
    27
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    Quote Originally Posted by analogkid
    didnt know that. . im gonna hit parts express and look around a bit and check the vifas you mentioned. thanks
    www.madisound.com search for MG -- they aren't listed unless you search for 'MG' -- I don't think partsexpress has them.?

    PS I have a dealer account with madisound...

    They only have one problem in the FR that will make them sound a little more laid back -- a dip at ~1khz for the 7" driver -- they are 4 ohm though -- not that deep ethr.



    Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

    -------------------------------------------------

    Believe it or not That is a 6.5"

  13. #13
    analogkid's Avatar
    analogkid is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    n.y.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,266
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  14. #14
    simon21's Avatar
    simon21 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets

    How high (frequency) would you go on those 7" MGs?




  15. #15
    Logikalliquid's Avatar
    Logikalliquid is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    SoVA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: aura tweets




    "The only thing we have to fear more than fear itself is the indifference of good men."
    -Boondock Saints
    '98 240SX SE
    US Acoustic 4085 - Crystal SSX615
    US Acoustic 2150 - JL 10W6

    REFs: http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94778

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Aura Tweets/ CDEF61 mids........good active setup?
    By zachzchw in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 05:19 AM
  2. WTB: Aura Tweets
    By ugmoe2000 in forum Wanting to Buy (WTB) - Car Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
  3. Aura tweets
    By walterdixon in forum Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum