Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: DIAMOND D661a VS. MTX TX6001

srt4geezer is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DIAMOND D661a VS. MTX TX6001

Does anyone have experience between these? Obviously the MTX are less expensive, but is there a big difference? I have heard good reveiws from both, but wondered how they compare. Especially in the mid base area.

srt4geezer is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DIAMOND D661a VS. MTX TX6001

anyone?

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dont have any experience with either but i would suggest you get the Diamonds out of those two.

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

OlogyAudio is offline Audio-Ologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iagrdshaka
    I dont have any experience with either but i would suggest you get the Diamonds out of those two.
    would be my guess too --

Dylan Matlow -- Ology Audio

-------------------------------------------------

Believe it or not That is a 6.5"

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the diamonds actually lack mid bass. big time.

DiamondFanatic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually the D6 series has really good midbass... you might be thinking of the M6 speakers from last year, which did lack midbass. What kind of car are they going in, as the D661 drivers are pretty deep (just a heads up). I've heard the D661a'd side by side against Morel Elates (retail for over twice as much) and I can honestly say that I liked the D6's better. Don't get me wrong though, the morels are great speakers. The D6's play very loud and clean provided you have a nice amp for em. You wouldn't regret the purchase. Where are you getting them from?

mason_msw is offline im broke....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the MTX's and I love them, speakers are a little harsh sounding to some people but I like them. Midbass is great just make sure they are sealed up well (unfortunately mine aren't at the moment).

HU: Clarion DXZ 445
    Front: MTX 6.5" 6001 components
    Rearfill: Alpine Type S 6x9's <-- for sale
    Subwoofers: 2 10" Kicker L7's <-- for sale
    Speaker amp: MTX Thunder 564
    Subwoofer amp: MTX 801d
    Also for sale:
    2 10" MTX 8000's (less than a half hour use-need to be broken in)
    MTX Thunder 404 amp
    Alpine Type S 5 1/4"

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Minimal experiences with the MTXs, but I would still lean towards the DAs. Midbass shouldnt be a problem at all, unlike the former M6s.

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondFanatic
    Actually the D6 series has really good midbass... you might be thinking of the M6 speakers from last year, which did lack midbass. What kind of car are they going in, as the D661 drivers are pretty deep (just a heads up). I've heard the D661a'd side by side against Morel Elates (retail for over twice as much) and I can honestly say that I liked the D6's better. Don't get me wrong though, the morels are great speakers. The D6's play very loud and clean provided you have a nice amp for em. You wouldn't regret the purchase. Where are you getting them from?
    no, i am actually a 100% sure that it is the D6's based on the fact that i have a set. if you have ever heard a good speaker with lots of midbass, you will know what i am talking about then i say they lack midbass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bri487
    no, i am actually a 100% sure that it is the D6's based on the fact that i have a set. if you have ever heard a good speaker with lots of midbass, you will know what i am talking about then i say they lack midbass.
    For the money I dont feel they lack at all. I am also 100% of this, as theyre in my wifes car and Ive been dealing with/selling DA for 5+ years. May be an issue with your install...

Refs:

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
    For the money I dont feel they lack at all. I am also 100% of this, as theyre in my wifes car and Ive been dealing with/selling DA for 5+ years. May be an issue with your install...
    maybe...........not. they lack so bad compared to every other speaker i have tried in my truck that i actually though something might be out of phase, that is how much they lack. i have been dealing with diamond for a while now and the only thing i cant say anything bad about is the amps. there are better out there but i havent had any problems with the few that i have. that is why as soon as i can afford it i am changing my highs/mids.

DiamondFanatic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah bri I have heard quite a few systems with good midbass. I heard a truck with McIntosh amps and a killer ADS front stage, we've done a couple cars with the kicker MB8's. However, you do have to take into account the budget he's working with, the space availalbe and modifications required before you recommend a speaker. You were quite quick to write off the D6's, but what would you reccoment instead? At 399$ retail (I frequently sell them for less) its hard to find a better sounding speaker then the D6's. Specifically when he is comparing them to MTX speakers. I would never buy MTX or Rockford now that box stores more or less own them. Why didn't you just return your set after you found them to be unsatasfactory? (this would be one advantage to buying from a dealer rather then ebay...)

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondFanatic
    You were quite quick to write off the D6's, but what would you reccoment instead? At 399$ retail (I frequently sell them for less) its hard to find a better sounding speaker then the D6's. Specifically when he is comparing them to MTX speakers. I would never buy MTX or Rockford now that box stores more or less own them. Why didn't you just return your set after you found them to be unsatasfactory? (this would be one advantage to buying from a dealer rather then ebay...)
    ok, ********. lets stop assuming. i bought the D6's from a dealer, first off. just to try them, they were supposedly an improvment on the M6's, so i figured i would give them a shot. well things went bad with the relationship i had with that particular shop, so it just sort of died off. never had any interest in returning them. as for another reccomendation, i would say the polk momo mm6's, boston SL60's, or the zapco i60's.

as for you being in the car audio business it is quite appearant by your name that you are a diamond freak. dont take it too personal next time i put down a diamond product. it is simply a fact and i want him to have the best possible system that he can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bri487
    maybe...........not. they lack so bad compared to every other speaker i have tried in my truck that i actually though something might be out of phase, that is how much they lack. i have been dealing with diamond for a while now and the only thing i cant say anything bad about is the amps. there are better out there but i havent had any problems with the few that i have. that is why as soon as i can afford it i am changing my highs/mids.
    You seem to get just a tad bit offended easily and your sarcasm easily shows that. Its simply not needed. My statement of the install wasnt intended as in insult, just a suggestion.

If your Your opinion theyre lacking, then thats fine. Its Your opinion. On the other hand many other opinions beg to differ. I am not by any means biased towards DA, but in the price range the D6 set is pretty decent and does provided a suitable amount of midbass.

Refs:

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
    You seem to get just a tad bit offended easily and your sarcasm easily shows that. Its simply not needed. My statement of the install wasnt intended as in insult, just a suggestion.

If your Your opinion theyre lacking, then thats fine. Its Your opinion. On the other hand many other opinions beg to differ. I am not by any means biased towards DA, but in the price range the D6 set is pretty decent and does provided a suitable amount of midbass.
    sarcasm is also subjective as is sound. some may think i get offended, however i was just sharing my experience with the D6's. i tried may things trying to get more out of them, but just couldnt do it. in that price range there are many other options to a good speaker set, people around here arent open minded enough to look at other things though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast