Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Kick panels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kick panels?

Hi I was wondering which route would give me the best sound quality? I would like to run Kicker RS65.2 and The SSMB8's. The location for the 65.2's was in a kick panel and the midbass in the doors. Would the Q-logic panels be good if i beef them up a little with dynamat and fiberglass for looks. I know people been complaining about the Q-forms and resonanting but I think that would do the trick; have anyone done this before to the kicks or should i just build my own. Its going in a 1988 Crx. Thanks

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kick panels?

Depends. IMHO some Q-forms have decent aiming, some have poor aiming. I'd hate for you to go to all the trouble of reinforcing the Q-form, just to find out that the aiming could have been better with your own set.

I'd probably build my own.

albarran9 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kick panels?

i have a honda civic (95). i had some q's in my car. depends on how well ''you'' like them. they didnt really work for me though. i'm 6'1 and in a small car like that the soundwas aimed at my knees. my dad is around 5'10 or so and he liked them just fine. i ended up building my own since i broke my q's. squeaks is right, if you build your own set of kicks you can aim them how you like them.

/////Alpine HU
    CDT CL-61A W/T-24 tweeters
    /////Alpine MRP-T220 Amp
    MTX 311D Amp
    MTX 12" MZS Subwoofers

Closed Thread