hey hey- i is back....havent posted in quite some time.
im lookin for some input here-
topic is component speakers and such....
i was gonna build my own little setup, with a pair of vifa 7's, some fancy tweets, and a nice 2-way x-o i designed in pspice. BUT i happened to catch a peek at a pair of ID 7's that were 2 ohm!
holy crap. if i had 2 ohmers, id get 125w rms outta my 5 channel amp for each speaker.....compared to the 80w@4ohmers.....this would be quite the difference....
so those are the options really....
my deal:
i blew a dynavox 8ohmer along with my viper six channel and npow im getting the new directed 2205, a fancy shcmancy 5 channel quite capable of handling 2ohms x4
the dynavox mids were picked because i noticed the overall design is identical to that of the real expensive dyn's and stuff, with the vc on the outside of the motor. these id's have 7 in woofers and from the 2 reviews i saw ppl say that these speakers really put out in the band of mid-bass....i have a 13.5 w7 in the back and no matter how hard i pushed the d-vox, the dub drowned out the mid-bass like mad...
so if you ever heard the id's please lemme know what you think- i think theyre called the chameloens or sumthin.....carbon fiber with optional phase plug and whatnot....
much thanks
nice to be back
-pat