Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

8" TB Underhung NEO Midbass D8

Item(s) for Sale:

Tang Band prototypes (I think), I haven't been able to find these anywhere else. All if the info on the boxes and labels is hand written and the serials are low number, not a common thing with TB. There's a new version on Parts-Express with the big ceramic magnet but it's not quite the same. As far as I can tell they never released this version for production. They should have because these are awesome. Of course, if they would have, the price would have been astronomical simply because of the fuckery going on with cornering the market on neo.

Here is a link to the closest version but it also has the big ceramic magnet. --> W8-1722 - 8? Paper Woofer - TB SPEAKER CO., LTD.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These are BNIB and perfect. Dual 8ohm so you can have your precious final 4ohm load, lol. Really clean sounding driver that would be great for a two-way if off-axis concerns were not an issue. Shorting rings, single spider, rubber surround and all that. Distortion is just not present until you lock up the suspension.

Price:

$250 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

UPS

Item Pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

eg9
    eg9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Re: 8" TB Underhung NEO Midbass D8

Bet these are sweet!

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eg9 View Post
    Bet these are sweet!
    Who over ends up with these is going to smile ear to ear the first time they hear what comes out of them. Even the treble sounds nice, lol.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

eg9
    eg9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Who over ends up with these is going to smile ear to ear the first time they hear what comes out of them. Even the treble sounds nice, lol.
    Thinking these would sound good with the horns.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eg9 View Post
    Thinking these would sound good with the horns.
    Oh yeah, they would be perfect for that type of 2way. You could choose just about any crossover point and slope you wish, within reason.

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5092 Post(s)

Item(s) for Sale:

Tang Band prototypes (I think), I haven't been able to find these anywhere else. All if the info on the boxes and labels is hand written and the serials are low number, not a common thing with TB. There's a new version on Parts-Express with the big ceramic magnet but it's not quite the same. As far as I can tell they never released this version for production. They should have because these are awesome. Of course, if they would have, the price would have been astronomical simply because of the fuckery going on with cornering the market on neo.

Here is a link to the closest version but it also has the big ceramic magnet. --> W8-1722 - 8? Paper Woofer - TB SPEAKER CO., LTD.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

These are BNIB and perfect. Dual 8ohm so you can have your precious final 4ohm load, lol. Really clean sounding driver that would be great for a two-way if off-axis concerns were not an issue. Shorting rings, single spider, rubber surround and all that. Distortion is just not present until you lock up the suspension.

Price:

$250 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

UPS

Item Pictures:

one day i wanna grow up to be like you! lol
    you have more bad-*** stuff lying around than Ive owned. lol

Insidious Audio
    But you at 2ohm it's all good!

yeah i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

7. Likes ciaonzo liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
    one day i wanna grow up to be like you! lol
    you have more bad-*** stuff lying around than Ive owned. lol
    Including a woman who is very supportive of my hobbies and interests, lol.

9. Likes beak81champ, Slo_Ride liked this post
    Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5092 Post(s)

Including a woman who is very supportive of my hobbies and interests, lol.
    i can't find one i want to take a chance on. lol
    you use them for HT or car? you have alot of HT stuff...

Insidious Audio
    But you at 2ohm it's all good!

yeah i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

11. Likes ciaonzo liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LosissaTool View Post
    i can't find one i want to take a chance on. lol
    you use them for HT or car? you have alot of HT stuff...
    I planned on using them in a 2 channel setup at home but I found another 8" that I favor slightly more than this one.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Sunday bumperz.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

$225 shipped, bottom dollar!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Neo 8s!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Up on these beauties.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

Dead site bump.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)

No one needs a neo underhung 8"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List