15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

Re: 8" TB Underhung NEO Midbass D8

Up!

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

ciaonzo is online now TheContinental

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

Give these a home, guys!

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

Neo!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

Happy Holidays, fellas.

k5james is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

For shits and giggle, what's the mounting depth on these?

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
    HU: CD7200MKII
    Front Stage: SI TM25/ID X-69
    Front Stage Amp: PG Ti21000.4
    Sub Stage: Sundown SD-3 12 x2 (soon to be 3 SA-8v3s in a CSCStang TLine)
    Sub Stage Amp: PG Ti22000.1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k5james View Post
    For shits and giggle, what's the mounting depth on these?
    I get about 4 3/8" from the under side of the mounting lip, thanks for asking.

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5110 Post(s)

****. Too deep..

Insidious Audio
    But you at 2ohm it's all good!

yeah i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

k5james is online now Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papermaker85 View Post
    ****. Too deep..
    My reaction exactly.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
    HU: CD7200MKII
    Front Stage: SI TM25/ID X-69
    Front Stage Amp: PG Ti21000.4
    Sub Stage: Sundown SD-3 12 x2 (soon to be 3 SA-8v3s in a CSCStang TLine)
    Sub Stage Amp: PG Ti22000.1

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

****. Too deep..
    Quote Originally Posted by k5james View Post
    My reaction exactly.
    Yep, I can appreciate that. They're not exactly shallow. These would require a spacer at a minimum.

Begging to be part of a killer 8" 2way, though. Very wide bandwidth. In fact, the only reason I am offering them up at all is because I was able to grab a pair of MOTUS UH205PW1 drivers for home use (look those monsters up). There's a big price difference between the TB and the MOTUS but their respective performance compares very well. I would not hesitate to do a full-on custom install to make these work in a vehicle. The dual coils give you the option of FR response or Qts shaping as well. Lots of possibilities with these.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

SuperBowl Bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5110 Post(s)

All these bassheads and they buy cheap ****** mids that **** instead of these.

Insidious Audio

yeah i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1029 Post(s)

All these bassheads and they buy cheap ****** mids that **** instead of these.
    Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Thanks. Sometimes it's easy to feel that way but I get it, to each his own. I know a lot of these guys are running some pretty loud setups and need mids that they can thrash without worrying too much about them failing. Like the pair I sold you, those won't fail under most conditions. These are more for the SQ/SQL guy who wants low bass up front so the sub can seemingly disappear. Would make for a hell of large format two-way, the top end is really smooth and overall sensitivity is nice so low power is okay.
    I. Still have them. I'm keeping them for some towers..
    They are legit *******.

Insidious Audio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List