ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Focal Polyglass 165VR Midbass

Item(s) for Sale:

6.5" high sensitivity midrange/midbass drivers.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Lightly used, mechanically perfect.

Linky --> Focal Polyglass 165 VR 6-3/4" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com

Price:

$225 shipped.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Go2Sleep is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Focal Polyglass 165VR Midbass

I ran these in my vehicle for awhile and sounded GREAT even with the passive crossovers.
    I can only imagine running them active would be even better

GLWS

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Sleep View Post
    I ran these in my vehicle for awhile and sounded GREAT even with the passive crossovers.
    I can only imagine running them active would be even better

GLWS
    Thank you, Sir. Trying to get some green together for deals I had lined up. Had to drop loot on AC repairs.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Blackhawks is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you only selling the mids? What about the crossovers and tweeters? Have any pics?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
    Are you only selling the mids? What about the crossovers and tweeters? Have any pics?
    Yep, just selling the midbass.

Blackhawks is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, thanks.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Up top.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Tight like vice grips, yo.

nateberrier is offline ******

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

AYe BRUH. THEM SUM SIK MIDS. If I get my deck sold this week, Ill buy dem off you <3

Refs: mrmakinmoves[SCAMMER] AKA ICHASEPAPER2010, skydeaner, fukinmovin, mossberg385t, grimreper912003, LBC99, Dbeez, Michaellane, thegreatestpenn, truckstoy, ge_off_me, btr, cupid6969, johnprdeye, jh8909, tylerj, UMWDawg92, nu2spl, zerosktr111, SPLAUDIO, $LICK CALIFA$, jfroghobo

http://www.execution-audio.com/

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nateberrier View Post
    AYe BRUH. THEM SUM SIK MIDS. If I get my deck sold this week, Ill buy dem off you <3
    Word, yo. lol

Let me know!

tat2bass is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

If you decide to sell these with the crossovers, let me know. I will most likely take them if you do.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    If you decide to sell these with the crossovers, let me know. I will most likely take them if you do.
    Unfortunately, I do not have the crossovers or tweets. Active, though!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Super efficient, dynamic as hell.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Crazy price drop on these phenomenal drivers.

$180 shipped.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Oh, yeah.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast