Closed Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1086

Reload Thread: Car Club, Northern Utah

  1. #331
    SethPhillips's Avatar
    SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    well i just metered the new box. it only hits a 141.5 and thats in the pass kick panel engine running and door open. with it on the dash i hit a 140.8. i was hoping i could get a little higher then that .

    i guess i'll just have to build another sometime for just spl and tune it higher....
    sound's like you and thomas can have a little comp going for each other..

    i feal like ****, drank to mutch sat night.







  2. #332
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by SethPhillips View Post
    sound's like you and thomas can have a little comp going for each other..

    i feal like ****, drank to mutch sat night.
    i'm pissed all i wanted out of this was a 142 and i thought i could get it with slapping that **** thing in a ported box. i guess i should have done some more research before i built it dammit




  3. #333
    ThomasG's Avatar
    ThomasG is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sick Lake city
    Posts
    6,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    i'm pissed all i wanted out of this was a 142 and i thought i could get it with slapping that **** thing in a ported box. i guess i should have done some more research before i built it dammit
    You could try your box in a different position if that permits.



    My Feed-Back Thread

    Glass Pipes For Sale



    R.I.P Nikki(Sister) I'll love you forever and always



    Epilepsy Therapy Project

  4. #334
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    You could try your box in a different position if that permits.
    i already did that. i was only hitting a 139.6 with the port up but at the front of the trunk then i turned it around andd gained another db. i was wonding if i could do anything to change the tuning higher without major construction of the box. something simple like shortening the port if at all possible or pluging the port some. just something simple for now so i don't have to rebuild another box anytime soon




  5. #335
    ThomasG's Avatar
    ThomasG is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sick Lake city
    Posts
    6,126
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    i already did that. i was only hitting a 139.6 with the port up but at the front of the trunk then i turned it around andd gained another db. i was wonding if i could do anything to change the tuning higher without major construction of the box. something simple like shortening the port if at all possible or pluging the port some. just something simple for now so i don't have to rebuild another box anytime soon
    I don't have an answer to that. Ive never heard of that but you may want to talk to a box designer on the forums. For my next box I'm going to have it be designed with interchangeable ports, one for spl one for Daily driving.



    My Feed-Back Thread

    Glass Pipes For Sale



    R.I.P Nikki(Sister) I'll love you forever and always



    Epilepsy Therapy Project

  6. #336
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    I don't have an answer to that. Ive never heard of that but you may want to talk to a box designer on the forums. For my next box I'm going to have it be designed with interchangeable ports, one for spl one for Daily driving.
    yea i talked to mel about doing something like that but never really looked into it to much....




  7. #337
    SethPhillips's Avatar
    SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    that's why i resurched the shiiiiit out of people that got acura integra's loud...

    what rms, max is that l5 or l7?
    what ohm is the sub? single or dual voice coil?
    how many watt's are you giveing it?

    i would tune it high between 40-50hz.
    but then you are going to loose that low end bass..

    this is why i tuned low and have power ( well a good amount of power ) to back it up.




  8. #338
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by SethPhillips View Post
    that's why i resurched the shiiiiit out of people that got acura integra's loud...

    what rms, max is that l5 or l7?
    what ohm is the sub? single or dual voice coil?
    how many watt's are you giveing it?

    i would tune it high between 40-50hz.
    but then you are going to loose that low end bass..

    this is why i tuned low and have power ( well a good amount of power ) to back it up.
    it's 750 rms and 1500 max. it's a dual 4 ohm and i'm giving it 890(at least thats what the birth sheet of the amp said)

    i know i need to tune it high for it to be loud for spl but at the same time i really don't want to lose the low end to much. thats why i want to look into building one with a changeable port. unless there's a way i can turn the box i have now into an spl box which i have no idea what so ever if there is. and then i'd just build another box thats a little smaller for every day.

    i just should have waited and gotten more ideas before i rushed into building this box it's my own fault. oh well......




  9. #339
    Orion Man's Avatar
    Orion Man is offline Livin' Loud!



    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Ya, Seth has power. Subs are rated at 1600rms for the pair? Giving them over 2krms. I'd say he has the power. I really like those Fi subs. They are mean. I liked his old box better, though. Its was tuned lower and it would make you not breath at certain low-end notes.



    2003 Nissan Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    -Alpine--Focal--Massive Audio--Stinger--Kinetik--Second Skin-

  10. #340
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    hey seth is it still cool if i come down to the shop today?




  11. #341
    mcbuggin's Avatar
    mcbuggin is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    smithfield,UT.
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    if you were doing 145 with a sealed box and now a 140 ported then you box design must be wrong it should be louder with a ported box. also i'd probably be up for a meet this sunday or friday night




  12. #342
    SethPhillips's Avatar
    SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    it's 750 rms and 1500 max. it's a dual 4 ohm and i'm giving it 890(at least thats what the birth sheet of the amp said)

    i know i need to tune it high for it to be loud for spl but at the same time i really don't want to lose the low end to much. thats why i want to look into building one with a changeable port. unless there's a way i can turn the box i have now into an spl box which i have no idea what so ever if there is. and then i'd just build another box thats a little smaller for every day.

    i just should have waited and gotten more ideas before i rushed into building this box it's my own fault. oh well......
    **** happens.
    best thing to do is hop back here on the forums and ask away..
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    hey seth is it still cool if i come down to the shop today?
    today, 9/3/08 today??
    sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcbuggin View Post
    if you were doing 145 with a sealed box and now a 140 ported then you box design must be wrong it should be louder with a ported box. also i'd probably be up for a meet this sunday or friday night
    mel, sorry i missed all ur call's i have actually been painting my kitchen sun,mon, tue's and prolly more today. everytime you called i had paint all over my ****in hands.

    well see if we can meet up this weekend. depending on what i got going on.
    i need to get a furnice and some duct work in before it get's cold.




  13. #343
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by mcbuggin View Post
    if you were doing 145 with a sealed box and now a 140 ported then you box design must be wrong it should be louder with a ported box. also i'd probably be up for a meet this sunday or friday night
    no it got louder......just only by .2 db. i was doing a 140.6 with the sealed box and now i'm doing a 140.8 i believe is what the numbers were.




  14. #344
    tsupra98's Avatar
    tsupra98 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    waco, tx
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by SethPhillips View Post
    today, 9/3/08 today??
    sure.
    sweet. do you have any installs going on today that you know of? what would be the best time to come down?




  15. #345
    SethPhillips's Avatar
    SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

    Re: Car Club, Northern Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by tsupra98 View Post
    sweet. do you have any installs going on today that you know of? what would be the best time to come down?
    prolly after 3-4 o clock.
    i got a rem start im putting in a truck right now so come down after 4




Closed Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum