Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Groundbreaking news: Tempe is now in Tempe!!!

Tempe is offline FI Car Audio FTW!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Groundbreaking news: Tempe is now in Tempe!!!

After over six years of absence from the Valley of the Sun, I arrived in Tempe yesterday. So far my apartment seems nice. My old supervisor at the Tempe Home Depot now works at the Mesa store, which is where I transfered to. That store seems like it's gonna be a blast to work at!

Once I get settled in my system needs lots of work. I have six year old wires that desparately need to be upgraded. My RE comps sound wonderful for the price, but I need to move on to better things. While on the subject I need further work deadening my doors and door panels. My RE HC 15 does everything I could ask for in a sub, but I may be looking into maybe going to a 12 to recapture some of my cabin space, and my current box is fugly!

Amps are my biggest challenge. In a Ford Ranger I want to permanantly mount my amps out of the way of the sub enclosure. They are under my seats now, but removing seats means disconnecting amps. I need to remove the seats sometimes. I also yanked my RF 800a4 out of the ex gf's car when we just broke up. That will be a beefy amp for my bi-amped front stage.

I'm thinking of mounting the amps on the rear cab walls where the stock rear speakers are. I only use those speakers when my amps are disconnected. Another option is an amprack thing placed under a false floor which the enclosure will rest on. That would mean difficulty in making amp adjustments which I don't think I want to give up.

I'm glad to be back to my 2nd home (Chicago is home to me). I hope we can continue doing these meetups in the area. I look forward to meeting the local car audio nuts!!!

Tempe

It's been years since I have been really active in car audio forums. I posted a ton about 10 years ago here on caraudio.com, termpro.com, sounddomain.com, caraudioforum.com, and a whole bunch more that I no longer remember. You may remember me. If not, you're probably just young haha. Because of the many years since I've done any selling / buying, the only person I can remember for my references is Team PSI (David Moore).

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Groundbreaking news: Tempe is now in Tempe!!!

Welcome back! Sorry I never found any places to recommend to you

If we get a meet together here in a few weeks I'll be sure to pm you about it

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

thatkidbob is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempe View Post
    I also yanked my RF 800a4 out of the ex gf's car when we just broke up.
    THAT'LL SHOW HER!

CAF refs: Faulkton, Megalomaniac, Negativezeroz, boomer, dipitydoo, 93 saturn sl2, bjfish11, netherland24 & scotthulbs
    SiN refs: Josh99ta, Derek, crzystng, MrSector9, Sinister Audio

Quote Originally Posted by faulkton View Post
    when i was in the army i would punch more bitches before breakfast than most people would punch all day.

Tempe is offline FI Car Audio FTW!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I did a budget install in her 94 Cutlass. When she got the 2000 Taurus I tried to make it a little nicer. I put the RF amp in there. Now I put in a crappy Lanzar 4-channel amp from the Cutlass. It's one of the Rack-Mount series, so if it's mounted vertically a heatsink is above the circuit board (good) and a heatsink is below the circuit board (amp is prone to shut down when it gets warm.

So far I'm ecstatic with my apartment. Yeah it costs $200 more a month than my old one in Mesa from six years ago, but it's much nicer. Even though it's a large complex it's rediculously quiet!

Tempe

It's been years since I have been really active in car audio forums. I posted a ton about 10 years ago here on caraudio.com, termpro.com, sounddomain.com, caraudioforum.com, and a whole bunch more that I no longer remember. You may remember me. If not, you're probably just young haha. Because of the many years since I've done any selling / buying, the only person I can remember for my references is Team PSI (David Moore).

Closed Thread