Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Reload Thread: SSA Dcon 10 output?

  1. #1
    stangbanger's Avatar
    stangbanger is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ft Lee, VA
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Well, now that my amp and subs have taken a crap on me, it's time for a new setup. The SSA Dcon's seem good for the price. I'm just wondering what kind of output I could expect from them. All I keep hearing is that they're loud and sound pretty good, but since I can't listen to them in person I'd like to find out if anyone has some comparisons to other subs I may have heard. I'm planning on doing 2 10's in 2.5 cubes at 32hz.

    How would that setup off of around 600 watts sound compared to a pair of sealed 12w3v3, a ported ID15, or a ported gti10 (all of these setups were also on around 600 watts)?







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    they will out wang them all! ive owned 2 10" dcons, w3 10s, and gti10 and the dcons dig deeper and get louder while sounding better!!




  3. #3
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by stangbanger View Post
    Well, now that my amp and subs have taken a crap on me, it's time for a new setup. The SSA Dcon's seem good for the price. I'm just wondering what kind of output I could expect from them. All I keep hearing is that they're loud and sound pretty good, but since I can't listen to them in person I'd like to find out if anyone has some comparisons to other subs I may have heard. I'm planning on doing 2 10's in 2.5 cubes at 32hz.

    How would that setup off of around 600 watts sound compared to a pair of sealed 12w3v3, a ported ID15, or a ported gti10 (all of these setups were also on around 600 watts)?
    well the dcons are going to be louder simply because their is twice as much cone area other than the pair of seal JL's but they will out shine those .

    the dcons are excellent drivers.

    pm bassin buick, he has a couple vids of em playin. they are his brothers drivers. they are 2 dcon 10s




  4. Thanks Bassin Buick thanked for this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brandon , FL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Nuff Said. LOL





  6. #5
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    Nuff Said. LOL

    lol speak of the devil, their he is




  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brandon , FL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    I'm not exactly rich , so most of the subs i have owned are in the dcon's price range and i seriously have not found a better all around driver for the money. There are louder ones out there that sound terrible , quieter ones that sound a little better , but none of them have the mix of SQ and SPL like the dcons. They get loud as **** and sound amazing doing it.




  8. #7
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    I'm not exactly rich , so most of the subs i have owned are in the dcon's price range and i seriously have not found a better all around driver for the money. There are louder ones out there that sound terrible , quieter ones that sound a little better , but none of them have the mix of SQ and SPL like the dcons. They get loud as **** and sound amazing doing it.
    and thats why i plan on having them in my future




  9. #8
    BlactimusCrime's Avatar
    BlactimusCrime is offline NUT HUGGERS UNITE!!!



    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Your mom's port, OH
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by stangbanger View Post
    How would that setup off of around 600 watts sound compared to a pair of sealed 12w3v3, a ported ID15, or a ported gti10 (all of these setups were also on around 600 watts)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sex4ears View Post
    well the dcons are going to be louder simply because their is twice as much cone area other than the pair of seal JL's but they will out shine those .

    the dcons are excellent drivers.

    pm bassin buick, he has a couple vids of em playin. they are his brothers drivers. they are 2 dcon 10s
    so 2 10s have twice as much cone area as 1 15?




    Quote Originally Posted by loudrc View Post
    fuck you eddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Judge me not by what i've done but the amount of haters on my balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    you have the best user ID on teh site playa
    Refs: NateBerrier, Thegreatestpenn, mossberg385t, mfenske, plugitin, retroaudioinc, michaellane, Ge_off_me
    Feedback- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/489798-bumpinboats-feed-back-thread.html#post7273394

  10. #9
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlactimusCrime View Post
    so 2 10s have twice as much cone area as 1 15?
    wow i was thinking that the dcons were 12s and all the other subs he said were 12s lol sorry ive been at work all day and i still am.




  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brandon , FL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,627
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by sex4ears View Post
    wow i was thinking that the dcons were 12s and all the other subs he said were 12s lol sorry ive been at work all day and i still am.
    2 12's still don't have twice the cone area of one 15 though. LOL. 2 15's Have twice the cone area of 1 15. DUH!!




  12. Thanks BlactimusCrime thanked for this post
  13. #11
    09civic's Avatar
    09civic is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    6,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

    Re: SSA Dcon 10 output?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Buick View Post
    2 12's still don't have twice the cone area of one 15 though. LOL. 2 15's Have twice the cone area of 1 15. DUH!!
    i know thats why i said, i thought that all of the other subs were 12s




Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum