View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2x SSA Icon 12"s

9 29.03%
  • 1x SSA Xcon 15"

22 70.97%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: 2x SSA Icon 12"s or 1x SSA Xcon 15" / Which would you choose?

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: 2x SSA Icon 12"s or 1x SSA Xcon 15" / Which would you choose?

I don't really see denim claiming the SSA line is superior. He is just stating facts and ideals that are accurate about the materials, and purposes of some recently common woofers.

As far as WinISD, I love it for vague comparisons, but nothing compares to hands on experience.

The SSA line up is a nice selection of woofers who have more apart than thermal ability.

Throughout my experiences, I've never been disappointed with SSA's customer service, and the woofers I've used.

Speaking of which, denim, I've been abusing some more Dcons for a while now. They just won't die...Stubborn little guys.

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

2. Thanks denim thanked for this post

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin' Goalie View Post
    I don't really see denim claiming the SSA line is superior. He is just stating facts and ideals that are accurate about the materials, and purposes of some recently common woofers.

As far as WinISD, I love it for vague comparisons, but nothing compares to hands on experience.

The SSA line up is a nice selection of woofers who have more apart than thermal ability.

Throughout my experiences, I've never been disappointed with SSA's customer service, and the woofers I've used.

Speaking of which, denim, I've been abusing some more Dcons for a while now. They just won't die...Stubborn little guys.
    i never said the ae av was superior, i just stated my opinion that for the money it was the better deal. im not jumping denim, he is a cool guy from what ive read of his posts. just like he didnt jump me when i gave my opinion.

i have never used the dcon, but i personally would go with it over the IDQ for a good sq sub. its price is fair, they look well built, ssa in general is presented well. while i may be surprised of the performance of say the icon, maybe it is worth the extra money, but without experience i would have to guess against it. im probably wrong, but im entitled to my opinion =/

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
    i never said the ae av was superior, i just stated my opinion that for the money it was the better deal. im not jumping denim, he is a cool guy from what ive read of his posts. just like he didnt jump me when i gave my opinion.

i have never used the dcon, but i personally would go with it over the IDQ for a good sq sub. its price is fair, they look well built, ssa in general is presented well. while i may be surprised of the performance of say the icon, maybe it is worth the extra money, but without experience i would have to guess against it. im probably wrong, but im entitled to my opinion =/
    And I never said that you said that the AE AV was superior either Don't get defensive, pal. We're all friendly lol.

Everyone has their opinions lol. Won't argue that.

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

papermaker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

neither, but if i had to, icons.

two AE AV12X off 2000 watts gets just as loud as the 12" icons and are a total of $90 cheaper
    AE AV15X off 1000watts gets just as loud as the 15"xcon and is $140 cheaper
    i've used the AV15X fine woofer.. Efficient excellent sounding drivers but beware they like very smalll boxes and very low tunings ultimatly limiting output.. the xcon will handle almost double the power and can use larger boxes for higher efficiency.. ultmiatly the xcon is going ot get a good deal louder in the correct application..
    im not sure where you got this information from but id suggest you use equpiment before you make any claims aginst another company..

knowledge is powerful but imagination is exponentially powerful..

experience is key!! otherwise life is boring, uneventful and pointless..

sub amps RD audio 1750s(SD3500 when i sell the RDs)---better audio prototypes
    mids CDT ES-6--tweeters CDT ES-02
    comp amp SD sax100.4D(for sale looking for a zapco 1000.4)
    deck..execlon x991

Cruzer is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was just an opinon bro, if u have a problem with people giving their opinons u prob shouldn't be on a forum which is for help and opinions.

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
    refs:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/485413-cruzer-feedback.html
    Legal disclaimer... this is my own personal opinion that I have made from my own personal experience and based on my own personal tastes. At no time have I implied that anyone is wrong in their own opinions and you need to make a decision based on your own opinions.

papermaker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)

oponions are like *** holes.. everyone has one.. but you recommened a woofer that might not be ideal for his application..
    i just explained that you where wrong and advised you use equpiment before making someone spend money on something they might damage or not enjoy..

knowledge is powerful but imagination is exponentially powerful..

experience is key!! otherwise life is boring, uneventful and pointless..

sub amps RD audio 1750s(SD3500 when i sell the RDs)---better audio prototypes
    mids CDT ES-6--tweeters CDT ES-02
    comp amp SD sax100.4D(for sale looking for a zapco 1000.4)
    deck..execlon x991

rsgladwin85 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the input guys. Although the other brand comparisons are appreciated, that's why I said if you "had to" choose between those two options. Because I'd already done some comparative analysis, and wanted to go with their product line. I think I'm gonna grab myself a couple of those Icons. I'm sure those will keep me happy at least for a year or so, in which time I could slowly work on doing more than just the "big 3", a bigger battery, ho alt., and a second battery in the back. If so, at that point maybe I'll upgrade to two of the Xcon 15"s or go up to 4 Icon 12"s. Who knows, what the future may hold..

Again thanks for all advice.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

i dont use winisd to pick my product either. Without any experience of the products, i use winisd to get a general idea. just like u said it can be used for.

i do have a question to ask. if winisd cannot determine which will perform better in certain vehicles, which i do agree with you. why do you figure your product is better? just because you claim its built better, or with better parts?

a lot of times better parts just equals longer lasting.

anyways, u say ur dc and fi use different parts and their builds are very different.

yet i tested a 15 from each and they sound almost identical. and if u throw them into winisd and compare them in the same size box, same power, they look pretty identical as well.

so this just proves that while ssa make great products, does not mean its going to sound better just because its more known, or costs more.

lastly when i said they look similar, i just meant that they take the same power, have similar xmax. i didnt go into great detail because i was in a hurry and i dont even understand half the other t/s specs anyways.

also please dont forget in my original post i said i may be wrong, because i very well may be. ive been in car audio for a whole 2 years now. most of that time i just bought rockford fosgate unknowingly, without any research, or care. not until the past few months have i care to experiment, learn, care.
    I never claimed our products are better. In reality, there is no such thing as better, there is only "better for a particular install".

Also, by two different products (neither being ours BTW), sounding identical to your ear in the same box on the same power, it does not prove anything (only that there are too many constants in the equation). One driver may actually thrive in a larger enclosure, while one may prefer lower tuning, while one may prefer more port area, etc. etc. etc. Also, I never said just because our drivers are expensive to produce, it makes them better.

As for the specs, check out BCAE1.com and I believe the12volt.com have nice and detailed explanations of the different T/S parameters.
    {Edit: found a good one on SSA: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/f...ers-explained/ }

I am not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to talk through what you are getting at and maybe explain a little from our end.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpin' Goalie View Post

Thanks for the feed back, the response on the Dcon's have far surpassed what we were anticipating.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Tag List