+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Horizon Audio - Canton, OH

mtlhead is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Horizon Audio - Canton, OH

I personally won't go here anymore. They are extremely overpriced, cocky, and have ignorant staff. I went in their to get a backstrap for my zx2, they said they couldnt do it properly, and just put something to weigh it down that was incredibly easy to take off. Turns out that they were too lazy to take off the trim panels and just attached a metal weight on the back of the radio...45 bucks for that...

Then i noticed my amp was cutting on and off (sound wise) and decided to look at my rca's after looking at everything else....well I couldn't because while installing the "backstrap" they broke my f'ing clip inside my aftermarket dash kit, so I had them take it back out and give me a new one, but while doing this they f'ed up my dash (since they had to pry it out) and now i have two dents in my dash because of that.

Next, the ignorant staff. I took an amp in to get "bench tested," basically to them this means it turns on. Well they said my amp wasn't working, protect light came on instantly. So I had them show me. Well no **** it won't come on, they tried to turn it on with 8 awg instead of 0/1. f'ing morons.
    They also had no idea what the Big 3 was...and when i showed them they said it was pointless...
    their definition of a "good" woofer is a W3...
    the only "good" subs they have are kicker, jl, and diamond....but if you want them, you better be prepared to pay about 1k+ for a system
    their box builder is an asshat, said the only way he would do a box build inside my trunk is if i paid up front, and it would take a week to do, and needed my car EVERY day, would cost roughly 400 bucks for a 3.5 cu ft @ 32Hz net was like 6.5
    the only good work they actually do is on THEIR cars, or exotic cars...even then they don't do that great of a job
    they also laughed at me when i said i had RE, they said i shoulda got a JL...then i shook their windows with the SX....they told me to leave...i dont get it?

their selection is horrible, they pretty much have pioneer, alpine, kenwood, and jvc for headunits
    they have kicker, jl, kenwood, diamond, and memphis for subs and amps as well
    the main highlight is that they have focal...but you have to special order them, and it takes about a month to two months to fill it.

Now onto their overpricing....

A brand new kicker ZX300.1 costs about 300 bucks there
    A brand new kenwood KAX-811D costs about 350.
    A brand new 10" CVR costs about 200
    But then they try and get people to buy their ****** stuff by offering "buy one get on free" on subs that msrp like for 50 bucks, but sell them for like 100

Wiring is ridiculous...they charge for 4awg, about the same knu does for 0/1

the list goes on...but i wouldnt go there, DIY FTW

edit: also with the ignorant staff, when i was having problems starting my car, i went and asked if they had any idea what was wrong, and they told me to buy a cap...how on earth is a cap gonna help me start my car? so i told them no, but give me a quote on an alternator....500 bucks for a 180A!!! I ended up buying a 150A for 150 bucks INSTALLED

and apparently theyll kick you out of the store if you mention american bass? i guess bob doesn't like the owner...mainly because of the above reasons, and won't sell to him

Also: my dad had two 7" screens put in his old van, well it turns out that they didn't know how to ground them properly so we would always get the discoloration and lines on the screen....
    Last edited by mtlhead; 04-08-2007 at 01:56 AM.

Yes, my membership on CA.com makes me a certified lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by bahn4lyfe View Post
    THERE AINT NO ZOOS HERE IN THE HOOD. WHY DONT YOU BRING YOUR MOM OUT HERE AND I'LL STICK MY FACE IN HER **** AND MY **** IN HER ***
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKo13 View Post
    Yea, brown spooge FTW
    2 TC 1000 8"s, 2000 watts, 1.6 cu ft @ 36 Hz = 139.5 DEEBEEZ
    Pioneer 7900BT

Bought: vette1, dru, ibanezcollector (ECA), Bumpin Ben Wallace (Sound Domain)
    Sold: dleccord, Hustler904, busabob, NMBR1SPT

100% on ebay

AltarCrystal is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Horizon Audio - Canton, OH

x2

Plus, I have some stories of my own.

I go there just asking about a new alternator. They say that a new one isn't an option, and I have to pay $700 to have mine rewound, and then get a batter, cap, and all this stiff. See something wrong here?

Then, I didn't see any but thought I'd double check, and ased if the carried Digital Designs. He said "No. I havn't heard anythign about them, and when I have, it's all bad. I'd just go with some JL's" and then they had some guy taht had his whole system done for him there show me his system.

It sounded nice, but he dumped a few thousand in it, when the same could be done EASILY for half the cost.

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Mustang

HU: Pioneer Premiere DEH690UB
    Memory: 160 GB Seagate FreeAgent Go External HDD
    Coaxals: Alpine Type-S's(doors)
    Coaxal's Amp: Diamond D3 400.2

SOON TO COME

Sub: 12" Fi Q in 2 cubes @ 32hz
    Sub Amp: American Bass 75.1
    Electrical: 1/0 KnuKonceptz power, Big 3 in 1/0

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very over priced, So is Century 2000. Discount Car Stereo is nice but their stuff is cheap and their knowledge is limited.

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

Mzlady is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I went to Horizon Audio back in March or April for the sole purpose of seeing a RE in action. Well they dont sell it even though they were on the RE site as being an authorized dealer. Didnt really have much to say to the ppl in the store. Yes they do seem overpriced and the selection is limited.

Anniku989 is offline Thats what she said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently bought my RE SE's there for $350 to my door. The only reason they don't have the RE's there, is because they carry US Amps, and they didn't know about the RE line (although they can obvisusly order it).

I've been going there for a bit over a year, and I know Jeff,Doug (the owner) and Mook, at the Alliance store pretty well. I have to agree that they're severely overpriced, and not much selection (at the Alliance store anyway), but they're good people, just biased a little bit too much.

TEAM CACO
    *Pio 780mp
    *ID CTX65CS
    *Sundown 50.4
    *Hybrid 18" (Treo CSX basket/motor)
    *Sundown 3000d
    *7.5cubes, four 6" aeros
    *2/0 Gauge, Big3
    *Kinetik 1800 x2
    *Mechman alt
    *151.1 tl legal

Ref's: jailhouseracer8 ; ILoveBass ; bumpincrv ; gordos420 ; 01 S 10 ; riogigalo ; PsychoTheRapist ; blackbonnie ; na_rsx ; 1ndatrunk ; tv559

SethPhillips is offline I'sa Playa

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

horixon audio *****....

at centurey 2000 you can haggle those guys!!! plus my good buddy has been working up there for like 3 years now. Doug Conway is his name... ask for him and tell him seth phillips sent ya. he will hoo you up

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats the number to this horizon audio place? I want to call and ask a few questions =P

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

330-821-3500 for the alliance store
    330-479-5477for the main canton store

TEAM CACO
    *Pio 780mp
    *ID CTX65CS
    *Sundown 50.4
    *Sundown 3000d
    *7.5cubes, four 6" aeros
    *2/0 Gauge, Big3
    *Kinetik 1800 x2
    *Mechman alt
    *151.1 tl legal

Ref's: jailhouseracer8 ; ILoveBass ; bumpincrv ; gordos420 ; 01 S 10 ; riogigalo ; PsychoTheRapist ; blackbonnie ; na_rsx ; 1ndatrunk ; tv559

oldschool4me is offline Premium Member oldschool4me is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

i used to work at century 2000 just after i graduated hs back in 94. always been good to me. i havent been there in years, but im sure if you buy a bit and once they get to know ya a little they will treat ya good. i consider them the best to deal with in the akron canton area. i dont live close enough to go there to buy stuff so i go to cartronics in youngstown now. good people. i will go to a place that has good people working there even if they dont have the selection that the others might have. speaking about a rediculous price tor a sub box, look at best buy. over $100 for a dual sealed enclosure.

imready77 is offline The Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's only one or 2 people from the Canton horizon that i deal with. They are horrible. I know i personally wanna beat one or two of those salesman's ***. They treated me like I was ignorant when I truly know more than they do. the only good thing about Horizon is the lay-away.

I'm seein' more than the average human eyes can see
    I live in darkness God please shine light on me
    In poverty is where I sleep not closing these,
    Ghetto eyes, ghetto eyes ah mine

The only scenery I see that's fascinating to Fly
    The shinin' sun, moon, clouds and the stars in the sky
    Some heavy heavenly medicated treat me for my,
    Ghetto eyes, ghetto eyes, yeah yeah

So many visions put incisions in my stizate ah mind
    But Fly gon' take it like a man doin' time for crime
    Get behind me, and Fly will lead the line
    Using my ghetto eyes, ghetto eyes, yeah yeah

Playa Fly-Ghetto Eyes

teamquakecelica is offline Vanilla Gorilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Call the Canton store... ask for Scott Ackerman(owner)... Tell him his son(justin)(been busted for dealing... many times) just sold you a bag of oregano instead of weed and you would like to know if you can get a refund...

2001 DB drag world finals S3-4
    155.xx it was pretty loud for back in the day!

Originally Posted by big@b
    Because Kicker kx's are rated a rms. rms and watts are not the same. So kicker kx2500.1 is x 2 = 5000.

OhioMike1101 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are one of the top 50 retailers for the year! They must be doing someone right.

Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because dumb crackheads vote them in. Horizon ***** balls. It's either buy JL or get out of the store.

North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.

By: N.G.U Graphics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After letting a few guys at horizon listen to my system, they told me I would've been better off going with JL for what I have in mine, although it wouldn't be as loud, because it would last longer than the RE's....

I did buy a set of undercar neon's there though (streetglow's) for $80, so I can't complain.

Edit:
    They also said my Hifonics amp is only putting out about 400watts and that I should go with one of their Memphis's that was $700.

TEAM CACO
    *Pio 780mp
    *ID CTX65CS
    *Sundown 50.4
    *Sundown 3000d
    *7.5cubes, four 6" aeros
    *2/0 Gauge, Big3
    *Kinetik 1800 x2
    *Mechman alt
    *151.1 tl legal

hemi4me? is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny Thread I am from Canton, OH now in AZ. My cousin actually worked there for a few months... Confirmed everything you guys are saying LOL

Funny, I had a system installed in my VOLVO (hahahah) in high school way back in like 91 or so... They used to put the amps up on the walls with pricing next to them,,, Pretty neat I thought. I went with Coustic amps from that place back in the day. Or was it Boss? I forget...

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 W/ 2 Image Dynamics ID 10's IB rear deck (done soon), Memphis Belle 16-MCH 1300 (hmmm wanna trade?), Dynaudio or DLS 3 way coming this week - Bought from RC10Mike and I am Paypal Verified, and I have 380 plus positive feedback on ebay user name smart-wheeler-dealer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast