Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 227

Reload Thread: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

  1. #31
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    costs $$$ to play in this game...
    Lmk when you visit loveland, I'm 5 min away



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons




  2. #32
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    at smaller shows bass race will be the ONLY class where everyone has a fair shot at winning. You can't do 20 diff classes with only 20 competitors showing up.

    I've done a lot of local shows and they usually do 3 classes: trunk, SUV, modified (wall). Not very fair, but again it's a local show so you should be going to hang out and meet people, hear other cars, etc... Unless you're really into plastic trophies LOL

    Make people meter on music, no tones and let them open a window/door so spectators can hear it.




  3. #33
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    IMHO, just leave it the way it was before and add something similar to 'BassRace' before it gets to un-organized for what little people there are into it.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  4. #34
    mlstrass's Avatar
    mlstrass is offline Shaggy DOA



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    10,392
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoCoSPL View Post
    Lmk when you visit loveland, I'm 5 min away
    You in Ft Collins?

    "might" do it this summer, but that's a long *** drive in a walled car. Doing up a van late next year and that one I'll drive out to CO for sure.

    I plan to talk to some of the DOA guys and see if they're up for a road trip as I'd like to hit up one of these shows and visit family.




  5. #35
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    at smaller shows bass race will be the ONLY class where everyone has a fair shot at winning. You can't do 20 diff classes with only 20 competitors showing up.

    I've done a lot of local shows and they usually do 3 classes: trunk, SUV, modified (wall). Not very fair, but again it's a local show so you should be going to hang out and meet people, hear other cars, etc... Unless you're really into plastic trophies LOL

    Make people meter on music, no tones and let them open a window/door so spectators can hear it.
    QFT. The plastic trophies aren't all that 'great'.

    Everyone always seems in a big hurry to end it and leave though. Would be nice to have like a friday night hangout with a BBQ pit and loud music or somethin. I'd imagine over time more and more would start showing up.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  6. #36
    hunterw's Avatar
    hunterw is offline whooodie whoooo



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    farmington, NM
    Posts
    2,791
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    QFT. The plastic trophies aren't all that 'great'.

    Everyone always seems in a big hurry to end it and leave though. Would be nice to have like a friday night hangout with a BBQ pit and loud music or somethin. I'd imagine over time more and more would start showing up.
    x2




  7. #37
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlstrass View Post
    You in Ft Collins?

    "might" do it this summer, but that's a long *** drive in a walled car. Doing up a van late next year and that one I'll drive out to CO for sure.

    I plan to talk to some of the DOA guys and see if they're up for a road trip as I'd like to hit up one of these shows and visit family.
    IF you can get some guys to come out for sure i will try to hold a double or tripple event show. I have access to any car toys.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  8. #38
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
    NoCoSPL , ALL THAT BASS

    Mike, trying to send ya some business! Guy wants some work done to his H2.



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

  9. #39
    GAM3OVR's Avatar
    GAM3OVR is offline Jeka is Back



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Russia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    7,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoCoSPL View Post
    How come you never come to the shows? Takes too much money to ferry your car from russia??
    no liscence right now



    REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

    Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

  10. #40
    bullet4mv92's Avatar
    bullet4mv92 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    I'm interested in competing. But I mean, I really have no special system. I'd get my *** whooped. I'm really just interested in seeing what kind of numbers I can hit and to check out all the other systems. Is this a competition only for high-spl cars? Cause last time I got metered I hit 142.2...i'm pretty sure I can hit better though.




  11. #41
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by bullet4mv92 View Post
    I'm interested in competing. But I mean, I really have no special system. I'd get my *** whooped. I'm really just interested in seeing what kind of numbers I can hit and to check out all the other systems. Is this a competition only for high-spl cars? Cause last time I got metered I hit 142.2...i'm pretty sure I can hit better though.
    We always try to do a section like bass race where it doesn't matter how loud you are. Last show there was a guy that drove up, never competed before and took 1st in 129.9 its always cool to have some new faces too



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

  12. #42
    Nismofreak's Avatar
    Nismofreak is offline VIP *****es



    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    1,191
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPechkin View Post
    no liscence right now
    should drive a little slower and you would have a license




  13. #43
    bullet4mv92's Avatar
    bullet4mv92 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoCoSPL View Post
    We always try to do a section like bass race where it doesn't matter how loud you are. Last show there was a guy that drove up, never competed before and took 1st in 129.9 its always cool to have some new faces too
    Oh sweet, well then yeah i'm down. But where and when is it? Sorry if somebody already said...I glanced through the posts and didn't see any info about it though.




  14. #44
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by bullet4mv92 View Post
    Oh sweet, well then yeah i'm down. But where and when is it? Sorry if somebody already said...I glanced through the posts and didn't see any info about it though.
    No time yet, this is the place where you will find out I'm sure there will be a seperate thread for it cause were just discussing for now. Keep checkin out here in the northwest region, you'll be one of the first to know about it.

    Glad to have another competitor and car audio enthusiast around



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

  15. #45
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1st Comp in Colorado 2010.

    Quote Originally Posted by bullet4mv92 View Post
    I'm interested in competing. But I mean, I really have no special system. I'd get my *** whooped. I'm really just interested in seeing what kind of numbers I can hit and to check out all the other systems. Is this a competition only for high-spl cars? Cause last time I got metered I hit 142.2...i'm pretty sure I can hit better though.
    Does your beat go 'BOOM' like so?

    On the serious side, what you be rockin in there?



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum