Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reload Thread: music or burp systems?

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: music or burp systems?

Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    dude i totally agree. but then again thats the termlab readings for ya.i have never sat in a vehicle that actually made start to cough. but mine did my brother 300lbs and me, with both amps. i had to turn it down to stop. but i also havnt metered both amps yet
    TL numbers dont lie.. they just dont tell you how loud something is.. Just how much pressure that it is. My 6 12's made Hunter cringe and he does 160's

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your 6 12's were pretty evil i remember being like 6 cars over windows up and you were shaking my ****.

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    i could care less if its music or a burp. but id need to know what the orgs format is so i can build for it. if its all about competing. i build to win lol. not sound awesome and lose
    well you could probably throw music on yours with some mids and tweets and be hitting 158

thats just sick 162?

Where the Competition begins

Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    TL numbers dont lie.. they just dont tell you how loud something is.. Just how much pressure that it is. My 6 12's made Hunter cringe and he does 160's
    i wish i still had my 8 12s in the crx
    and i never even metered it
    it actually caused sharp pains in my ear to. it was just toooooo crammed in there and hard as hell to take apart to get to the amps and the subs when something went wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh7McA7Sz4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    i never said you can hear what numbers people are doing i ment if someone has 10k+ watts and is in my class i dont care if they burp or play music its obvious that they will win power to power.

peronallly i do agree i like music better but thats what street beat and bassrace is for as far as spl bring what you got and play what you want.
    that doesnt mean anything. power is a factor but doesn't really distinguish who will win. All is instaler dependant.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    your 6 12's were pretty evil i remember being like 6 cars over windows up and you were shaking my ****.
    thanks for the props bro.. to bad I blew an amp

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well you could probably throw music on yours with some mids and tweets and be hitting 158

thats just sick 162?
    at 68hz

3 8's

39.9 consistently

snb778 is offline blaugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

personally.. im going to do whatever I need to to WIN... saying that: i'd rather have the other guy playing music so I have a better chance at winning off a burp.. If I know I can win with music.. i'll use music

but not many people with SPL setups are going to play music because they are tuned 50hz+ for the most part

Refs: Projectpat, XylerB, decipha, blados, protonman, Wlmrs, Nucleareskimo, gl0ck, mobeious, JBizzle (picked up box) mlstrass (box design) Mazzasec (bought 18" RD Alpha from him) SKMFKR: Traded subs Wrenchguy: Sold 18" Q to him. psychoacoustics: bought some bullet horn tweets from him Shinju: bought some 0awg wire from him. Sold a box and 18" HDC318 to chitown_impala. Bought my 2 custom 15's from 99Vic on steave meade forum. NJTStang11- picked up 18" SSX and box from him krispy cream SCAMMED ME $200!!!

2 Pistol Shrimps in a 4.0 cu^ft box tuned to 32 hz for the WIN !!

"You can't compare, don't stare, cause I got the ultimate Mary Jane"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i wish i still had my 8 12s in the crx
    and i never even metered it
    it actually caused sharp pains in my ear to. it was just toooooo crammed in there and hard as hell to take apart to get to the amps and the subs when something went wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh7McA7Sz4
    this vid -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHG62...eature=channel

made me LOL

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    you have no idea how hard it was to put that box in a crx. and it smashed, hard, it picked up the lows. and 70hz rediculous. but you can talk your ****. cuz i still aint heard nothing of yours. the only person that heard it was tom, nismofreak.

as for the laughing here you go. one amp did this little #, and i havent even tested to see where my van is loud. three more on the way....amps that is! hillbillies and black gold...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4

hunterw is offline whooodie whoooo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hell. i can play music. lol. i did a 154 at 45hz a while back so it may be louder now. music doesnt sound good at all. and travis i didnt cringe lol. it was loud and i couldnt control my nostrels lol. but it wasnt too loud for me haha.

NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Burps or music don't matter to me. But if ur talking boxes. . . Daily > Burp.

05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz

My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you have no idea how hard it was to put that box in a crx. and it smashed, hard, it picked up the lows. and 70hz rediculous. but you can talk your ****. cuz i still aint heard nothing of yours. the only person that heard it was tom, nismofreak.

as for the laughing here you go. one amp did this little #, and i havent even tested to see where my van is loud. three more on the way....amps that is! hillbillies and black gold...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4
    click the link noob.. its a different video

and yes I will talk all the **** I want. If you take interwebz serious you are troubled in the head.

Nobody has seen nor heard anything of mine other than my previous setups. Only a select few such as my mechanic and others that dont post here know of the current build. Tom had got a little bit of info along with D'angelo, but they know nothing at all either other than it will be

From a few that I know that went to the Lowrider show that heard your van, had claimed my little blow-through was louder to the 'ear' with half the equipment.

when do you plan on having tripple or 4 alts for yours again? I think I missed that

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    hell. i can play music. lol. i did a 154 at 45hz a while back so it may be louder now. music doesnt sound good at all. and travis i didnt cringe lol. it was loud and i couldnt control my nostrels lol. but it wasnt too loud for me haha.
    I saw your face **** ****. Dont lie.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Hii Im Justin is offline Holla!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

commin on the block.. gotta big glock n if them *****s wanna perpatrain they gonna get..Poooped

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast