Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91

Reload Thread: Colorado comp?

  1. #1
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Colorado comp?

    At the last comp in Denver we talked about doing a comp on the 11th and I was wondering if it was going to happen? Also, any other upcoming Colorado comps?



    Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.




  2. #2
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    i jsut text james. and we are supposed to be having one on the 11th. and im gonna buy an audio control sa-3055 meter, so this next year we can have more shows. imma come up with some fun stuff and free entrys to a couple of the shows. me personally i believe the AC is better because it will register above 80 hz. which music plays at. you cant tell me that music above 80hz does not create SPL.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  3. #3
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    i jsut text james. and we are supposed to be having one on the 11th. and im gonna buy an audio control sa-3055 meter, so this next year we can have more shows. imma come up with some fun stuff and free entrys to a couple of the shows. me personally i believe the AC is better because it will register above 80 hz. which music plays at. you cant tell me that music above 80hz does not create SPL.
    Ummmm.... Why?

    Nobody I know in Colorado has their subs even crossed over that high. Let alone burp or play music that seem quite pointless.

    Also just an you should think of doing more shows further south. I can't afford to be hauling or driving a truck with 2500lbs+ worth of equipment back and forth every other weekend.

    I say stick with the TL. Its the most accurate and fair meter on the market. Next year should be fun though if there are more shows. My 20hz wind-machine will be ready by then



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  4. #4
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    i say more shows up north. atleast 1 show in the fort collins area would be nice. i always hear kids on campus(CSU) saying how loud their system is and that it could beat anything out there and if we had a show up here, we would be sure to draw some competitors



    Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

  5. #5
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
    i say more shows up north. atleast 1 show in the fort collins area would be nice. i always hear kids on campus(CSU) saying how loud their system is and that it could beat anything out there and if we had a show up here, we would be sure to draw some competitors
    Them kids never turn out to be the 2nd time competitor. At the show in Springs that joe put on at the mall, there were a ton of first timers. Ones that claimed 180's from a single 10 to ones saying they could beat joes score on his truck.

    You better bet your dollar after they did a run and didn't put up super high numbers, that you will ever see them again.

    Also the big dogs are down south



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  6. #6
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    Them kids never turn out to be the 2nd time competitor. At the show in Springs that joe put on at the mall, there were a ton of first timers. Ones that claimed 180's from a single 10 to ones saying they could beat joes score on his truck.

    You better bet your dollar after they did a run and didn't put up super high numbers, that you will ever see them again.

    Also the big dogs are down south
    FYI...i just went down south for the lowrider super show and took loudest in show, and didnt even turn up the volume on my 27hz wind/music player

    so my suggestions are that everyone gets off their azz's next year and lets throw some shows to find out whos gonna be " Colorados Strongest Bass Man"

    lets bring music back to the car audio industry and find out who has the baddest all around vehicle. that can be drivin.

    i took 3 victory laps around the state fair grounds with my volume wide open. smashing for 30 minutes straight without anything blowing

    thats what and how a system should perform. that is a system. and everyone wonders why the car audio industry has gone down the tubes.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  7. #7
    d-REW's Avatar
    d-REW is offline tuTWENTY



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    denver COLORADO
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    we need more shows i like the ac i can do 50's lol but think more shows should be bassrace. i think the probelms with shows is non new people are winning so noone comes back after their first show. or maybe add a rookie class at each show each new person is in their own class 1 time only.



    Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

  8. #8
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    that should just motivate them to do better next time. thats what keeps me coming back is to see if i can beat out that #1 guy.

    on a side note. im coming for you drew. ive got an atomic apxx18 on the way



    Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

  9. #9
    Dak446's Avatar
    Dak446 is offline likes to race motocross



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rock Springs, Wy
    Posts
    1,192
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    i vote up north, cuz i'm in laramie lol. it's only like 1-2 hours from here depending on the location!



    Cascade Designs, Shok Industries,DT Audio, RAAMAudio, Team Vertex
    Truck - 2000 Chevy Silverado
    Head - Alpine Ida-X100
    Front - CDT
    Front Amp - Powerbass
    Box - 6th Order Wall
    Sub - Cascade Designs Omegas
    Sub Amp - Clif Designs
    Electric - Alternators, Batteries and Shok Wire

    often times, cops are "boomers" themselves.....cops tend to love noise"

  10. #10
    d-REW's Avatar
    d-REW is offline tuTWENTY



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    denver COLORADO
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    nice thats should be loud. im still debating on what to do for a new setup i wanna do 8's but **** changes daily. i pulled my 18 out after pueblo and threw my ascendant audio assasian 10 in and like it nice to have room again.



    Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

  11. #11
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    im thinking of talking to some of my former coworkers at the best buy up here and see if i can get them to help/ let us throw a show. all the guys at bb think their system is the **** with their rockford p2s in prefab boxes



    Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

  12. #12
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    3,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    nice thats should be loud. im still debating on what to do for a new setup i wanna do 8's but **** changes daley. i pulled my 18 out after pueblo and threw my assassian 10 in and like it nice to have room again.
    8s would be the ****



    Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

  13. #13
    d-REW's Avatar
    d-REW is offline tuTWENTY



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    denver COLORADO
    Posts
    1,121
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    yeah you missed the car toys show where everyone was doin 160's lol. but it seems they were the biggest shows yet.



    Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    I love screwing with best buy workers. Some play along too if they are near their break. They seriously think their system is superior. "Oh, my 2 15" P2s will beat your 1 15" anyday"




  15. #15
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    FYI...i just went down south for the lowrider super show and took loudest in show, and didnt even turn up the volume on my 27hz wind/music player

    so my suggestions are that everyone gets off their azz's next year and lets throw some shows to find out whos gonna be " Colorados Strongest Bass Man"

    lets bring music back to the car audio industry and find out who has the baddest all around vehicle. that can be drivin.

    i took 3 victory laps around the state fair grounds with my volume wide open. smashing for 30 minutes straight without anything blowing

    thats what and how a system should perform. that is a system. and everyone wonders why the car audio industry has gone down the tubes.
    None of the big boys went to that show James didn't even make it out there.

    I'll get off my arse if you people get off yours to come down further, lets say the springs area? Thats a fair compromise.

    Anyone can cruise around full tilt with 5kw. Drews has almost 5k iirc. Darrens can play all day long at idle and never drop below 13volts. My 16k setup will be completely daily driveable and my grocery getter. Hence these are on a 1/2ton with 3/4ton suspension along with tripple alternators .



    The first show of next year I should be all set. Full body braces are a PITA to fabricate.
    Last edited by TnT_Sounds; 09-30-2009 at 03:45 AM.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum