Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 91

Reload Thread: Colorado comp?

  1. #31
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?




    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.




  2. #32
    csu87's Avatar
    csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    C Springs, CO
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    some good **** there.

    on a side note, anyone got a tl i can do some testing on? i just got the apxx in and need to do some tuning



    Current - BMW 335xi SQ Build w/ IA and Sundown
    Retired - GMC Jimmy SUBS: 2 12" Aqs SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1 Loudest TL 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

  3. #33
    stevew007's Avatar
    stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    west sacramento
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    dude your to negative plus you gave up on this sport. so why you popping in. plus your the one that was beating everyone, your the reasons the noob's never came back. i was at the gym talking to this guy about the show we had at ultimate and this guy says "that guy with the van and crx isnt gonna be there is he? the ones that win all the show?"
    I've seen people get in there whip and leave because i was there I dont blame them who in colo could do a 153 sealed on the dash with one 10"
    I'm not being negative it's all true that is shiit you will hear at every show.



    REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

    http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

  4. #34
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    I've seen people get in there whip and leave because i was there I dont blame them who in colo could do a 153 sealed on the dash with one 10"
    I'm not being negative it's all true that is shiit you will hear at every show.
    i know. thats why the scene has to change. no one really likes a burp system. at least that are at all these shows we have been to. You, and james. is it. and ive been to 10 shows this year. and now, people come up to the van still and say you bought the van and the system? and kinda laugh. and i say yeah, and then smash em in the face with some 25 hz lows for about 20 minutes at153. db's. and they are like thats not the same box. or the same amp. not bad for only one amp.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  5. #35
    stevew007's Avatar
    stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    west sacramento
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    i know. thats why the scene has to change. no one really likes a burp system. at least that are at all these shows we have been to. You, and james. is it. and ive been to 10 shows this year. and now, people come up to the van still and say you bought the van and the system? and kinda laugh. and i say yeah, and then smash em in the face with some 25 hz lows for about 20 minutes at153. db's. and they are like thats not the same box. or the same amp. not bad for only one amp.
    back when i had my crx's I built them to be in a class not just a daily driver.
    I liked competion but it got old not being able to play it for very long because most the time there was only 1 battery.so i built a 8cube box for 2 15's and beat the hell out of it but then the little voice in my head started to say what about those 4'-7' awards so I always went back to the higher numbers with the good'ol burp box. shoot look what I did with the van built it then ripped it apart because it was louder even though I built it for daily beating the only thing that never got old was watching people get out because it was too loud for them



    REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

    http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

  6. #36
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    back when i had my crx's I built them to be in a class not just a daily driver.
    I liked competion but it got old not being able to play it for very long because most the time there was only 1 battery.so i built a 8cube box for 2 15's and beat the hell out of it but then the little voice in my head started to say what about those 4'-7' awards so I always went back to the higher numbers with the good'ol burp box. shoot look what I did with the van built it then ripped it apart because it was louder even though I built it for daily beating the only thing that never got old was watching people get out because it was too loud for them
    Try sitting inside his box. Did it at the cinco show, hard to breathe in a vacuum



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

  7. #37
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    back when i had my crx's I built them to be in a class not just a daily driver.
    I liked competion but it got old not being able to play it for very long because most the time there was only 1 battery.so i built a 8cube box for 2 15's and beat the hell out of it but then the little voice in my head started to say what about those 4'-7' awards so I always went back to the higher numbers with the good'ol burp box. shoot look what I did with the van built it then ripped it apart because it was louder even though I built it for daily beating the only thing that never got old was watching people get out because it was too loud for them
    steve, steve steve. this forum is for guys with CAR AUDIO. so whats up? you miss it i know you do! how can you say your done? thats ok. i didnt think you were that loud anyway. lol



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  8. #38
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    and james is lolygaggin like always. he says tomarro hes meeting with the car toys guy t make sure we can have the bass race next week on the 11th. also theres gonna be a car show on 1395 s. sheridan blvd on sat the 10th. dude just brought the flyer to me today. so we can all show up there for a smashing and hang out or something. james said he can bring his meter if you guys wantta do something and we can get 3 trophys for first in each class only.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  9. #39
    stevew007's Avatar
    stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    west sacramento
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    steve, steve steve. this forum is for guys with CAR AUDIO. so whats up? you miss it i know you do! how can you say your done? thats ok. i didnt think you were that loud anyway. lol
    I still have a system i showed it to you earlier today and i dont think you'll ever be as loud as i was lets see a 156.9 sealed on the dash and then you can talk.



    REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

    http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

  10. #40
    NoCoSPL's Avatar
    NoCoSPL is offline A Daily Loud Trunk



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North, North
    Posts
    609
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    steve, steve steve. this forum is for guys with CAR AUDIO. so whats up? you miss it i know you do! how can you say your done? thats ok. i didnt think you were that loud anyway. lol



    05 Civic 2dr- (2) HDC3A15's, (2) IA 40.1s strapped at 1 ohm, (3) Kinetic 2400's, (1) Kinetic 1400, KnuConceptz wire, 200A EA alt

    TL Scores: Legal sealed 150.7 @ 41 Hz, Outlaw 152.9 in kick @ 41 hz


    My Window Flex Vids www.youtube.com/teamshakinghorizons

  11. #41
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    I still have a system i showed it to you earlier today and i dont think you'll ever be as loud as i was lets see a 156.9 sealed on the dash and then you can talk.
    nope... im talkingcuz i got a system and you got an alarm clock speaker that gazzzaazzes. lol. and we shall see about the 156.9 on the dash. i think i got 156.95 if you ask me.



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  12. #42
    stevew007's Avatar
    stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    west sacramento
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    nope... im talkingcuz i got a system and you got an alarm clock speaker that gazzzaazzes. lol. and we shall see about the 156.9 on the dash. i think i got 156.95 if you ask me.
    I think with 2 amps on your best day you couldnt do a 154



    REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

    http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

  13. #43
    sub-FATHER's Avatar
    sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    denver, CO.
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    I think with 2 amps on your best day you couldnt do a 154
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4
    your right, ive plataoud at the 153.9 mark with just my one amp



    Where the Competition begins


    Colorado Usaci SPL & Streetbeat Record holder!
    [IMG]http://www.soundoff.org/season_results/statesplrecords.pdf

  14. #44
    stevew007's Avatar
    stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    west sacramento
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Quote Originally Posted by sub2weeker View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkOgqCvWsW4
    your right, ive plataoud at the 153.9 mark with just my one amp
    yeah on the floor with a 153.9 my crx with one 10" did a 153 sealed on the dash



    REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

    http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

  15. #45
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Colorado comp?

    Numbers = loudness to the ear?



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum