Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: SPL contest, on AUG 9th, sun, monaco and evens, in the Sears parking lot

sub-FATHER is offline Resurecting this sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 SPL contest, on AUG 9th, sun, monaco and evens, in the Sears parking lot

parkhill car club is hosting a show on Aug 9th in the Sears Parking lot on Monaco and Evans. There will be a Car Stereo Soundoff for Cash prizes. there will more than likely be two classes. and to make it fair: 1 class will be from 1 sub up to 2 (15s) being the biggest subs allowed, and the 2nd class will be 2 (18s) or multiple subs and up. demo vehicles are welcome but are not allowed to compete with the genereal public, If you didnt pay for the system, you cant compete with it. Entry fee will be determined. but probably not more than $20 to enter. and the Black Crx will not be entering... lol.
    Last edited by sub-FATHER; 07-31-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: wrong info

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SPL contest, on AUG 9th, sun, monaco and evens, in the Sears parking lot

SO by sponsored vehicles you mean like, Team Members? I'm considered to be on many Teams.

Also James won't be allowed to bring his black CRX? Thats kind of discriminating isn't it?

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry didnt meant no sponsor, no demo vehicles from shops. if the shop pays for the equipment then its not fair to the others. if your sponsored thats fine. as for james and the CRX,,, he will be running the show. and we want others to compete and not know upon arrival they have no chance,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah ok.. well I should have me demo vehicle done in time.

14,000watts= FTW!!!

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That Would Be Cool. Hopefully I Can Have My Van Ready For That Show. Only 5k For Now But With 4 18s. Need Another Goliath. Just Built The Box Yesterday. Its Sick....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you check out this thread leave a message if your gonna show. so we can prepare.

dextermoped is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im very tentatively coming. Just need to come up with funds to buy new subs.
    Benny

1974 VW Baja Bug 125HP
    1 Stock blaupunkt speaker

2000 Chevy Blazer
    18" RIP Low End Monster
    Sundown SAZ3000D

refs: bought from OldSchoolBoomer; Sicaudio; cd6551; Pbateman; and sub2weeker

sold to adio25

dextermoped is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW what time is this going down?

1974 VW Baja Bug 125HP
    1 Stock blaupunkt speaker

2000 Chevy Blazer
    18" RIP Low End Monster
    Sundown SAZ3000D

refs: bought from OldSchoolBoomer; Sicaudio; cd6551; Pbateman; and sub2weeker

sold to adio25

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

be there at noon for registratiion

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and i got 8 12s kicker cvrs dual 2 ohm. selling for $75 each or a solo x 18 for 600$

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so buy the response, anyone with only 2 12's on 1200 - 2000 watts isnt gonna stand a chance? i have 2 customers that if for nothing other than to be metered want to come, but not really worth the drive if they have no chance at all of even placing. be way too hard without wattage classes for smaller setups to even bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SicAudio View Post
    so buy the response, anyone with only 2 12's on 1200 - 2000 watts isnt gonna stand a chance? i have 2 customers that if for nothing other than to be metered want to come, but not really worth the drive if they have no chance at all of even placing. be way too hard without wattage classes for smaller setups to even bother with it.
    Get used to it bro.. Thats how things go around here. Not enough people to do "wattage" classes, so it's not even worth it. It's really not even all about winning, just go to hang out and shoot the ****. If I go I won't compete, just setup under my EZ up and demo it.

But I wont be able to make it to this show. No amps till October.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what time will the comp be going down?

i would love to come down and get metered

Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

show up at noon and you can be metered on the termlab. also it is about hanging out. and i was beat by two twelves a couple of times. so its about the set up and installation and box. ive been beat by 1 18 also. but ill still show up to meter and show. jsut to get others into the game.

csu87 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what time will registration end? looks like im going to have to work sunday morning.

Retired - GMC Jimmy
    SUBS: 2 12" Aqs
    SUB AMP: 1 AQ 3500.1
    150.4 MECA Style
    154.3 USACI Style
    152.1 IASCA Style
    Loudest Unofficial 155.1
    Feedback: MakeshiftAudio, woofercooker, vitveet, jonesy, 2000gator, KickerRex, mathewo, Matt2105, sicaudio, kshutte, coma-toast, RAB, matt2105, jusbloud and more that i cant remember.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast