Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: colorado bass warz

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

colorado bass warz

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

well I'm trying to pick up the slack for ultimate electronic and throw a show for them. I'm not using any term's or words from the other spl organizations but will have similar rule's

there is some trophies left over from the last show and i will be using them.so they are well "lennyfied"

anyways here is how is going to work
    "street bass" classes will be metered any where in front of the "B" pillar window's open doors open what ever BUT there will be no test tones, sine waves, pink noise or anything that sound's like one. (if it sounds like a duck it must be a duck)

1st-3rd 119-119.9
    1st-3rd 120-129.9
    1st-3rd 130-139.9
    (see the Similarity )

1st-3rd for the loudest spl run's of the day
    spl will be metered anywhere in front of the "B" pillar of the vehicle door's open closed what ever

1st place for the loudest "armaggedeon" (put the mic where you please yes even in the port)

I'm still working on a date but should be the end of the month Beginning of next month. It will be a sunday and the entry fee is $20 for any single class and $5 extra per class after that. so if you wanted to do the 120-129.9 class and armaggedeon it would be $25 and I'm thinking about doing $5 retry's for anyone who would like to try again in any class. so lmk what you guy's think maybe i can change some things but the trophy count will be the same sorry

edit location is at ultimate on 84th and I-25

edit#2 in the next week i should also know if they are doing prize's too. I do know they will give away a new custom box. as soon as i find out more i will list it
    Last edited by stevew007; 03-11-2009 at 07:01 PM.

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

d-REW is offline tuTWENTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: colorado bass warz

sounds good but is there gonna be some sort of classes or is it over all spl? and are we allowed to use ipods or any mp3's?

Refs: Rashaddd, SotoGrip, ProjectPechkin, Walled Taurus, Just303, tenbux1970, tmasco, Worstenemy45, blazron22z

RE_XXX is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats my question also....

PBateman is offline This is bat country....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The setup will be just like "bass race" with the classes listed. The loudest spl won't have classes. It will be a free for all.

VW passat trunk
    Alpine 9855 AC DQXS
    Sundown SAZ-4500/SAX-100.2
    Diamond D-661S comps.
    DD Z18
    148+db on music
    -------------------------
    1989 Honda CRX Si
    2 nsb90's / 2 sundown saz4500's
    4 10's and 155+db

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d-REW View Post
    sounds good but is there gonna be some sort of classes or is it over all spl? and are we allowed to use ipods or any mp3's?
    yes there are 5 classes and they will be more interesting because we are doing a usaci style so people will be slightly louder. the only "rules" I see fit are listed above.the test tones rule will be enforced it's more of a challenge to find the right song for the "street bass" class. anyone can do a perfect score with with test tones

Please keep in mind just cause you can burp a 150 dont mean you cant be in the 119-119.9 class or the 130-139.9 class. It's all about finding the right song and the control of the volume.the first time I did this i lost and it was the most fun I have had at a show in a long time yeah I know sounds stupid but when you are one of the loudest in colo it just gets boring to win every time

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

Nismofreak is offline VIP *****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    yes there are 5 classes and they will be more interesting because we are doing a usaci style so people will be slightly louder. the only "rules" I see fit are listed above.the test tones rule will be enforced it's more of a challenge to find the right song for the "street bass" class. anyone can do a perfect score with with test tones

Please keep in mind just cause you can burp a 150 dont mean you cant be in the 119-119.9 class or the 130-139.9 class. It's all about finding the right song and the control of the volume.the first time I did this i lost and it was the most fun I have had at a show in a long time yeah I know sounds stupid but when you are one of the loudest in colo it just gets boring to win every time
    lol hopefully i can give you a run for the money

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nismofreak View Post
    lol hopefully i can give you a run for the money
    good luck becasue i'm not entering, I'm the judge. I might have my van there to show off thats it. i want this show to go well and see people have fun doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    good luck becasue i'm not entering, I'm the judge. I might have my van there to show off thats it. i want this show to go well and see people have fun doing it.
    lol. I wouldn't get close but would be fun to see

Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any idea on date yet?

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seems interesting.... So overal price to compete in say the 140-149.9 class would be $25?

Plus $5 re-try's? For how long?

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_By_Nature View Post
    Any idea on date yet?
    I want to see if they have anything else for prize's or food ect ect before I set a date.dusty was on vacay but he is back today so I will be calling him

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    seems interesting.... So overal price to compete in say the 140-149.9 class would be $25?

Plus $5 re-try's? For how long?
    a single class is $20 and anyclass after that is $5 and $5 re-try's not sure for how long thats a good question.I'll get back to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you better call lol
    I wanna see my new numbers

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

well I called today dusty has not went on vacation he got pulled in to work but is going on vacation tommorow.so now i have to wait even longer to find out more info.so the show might not be until the end of april because of easter being april 12th.and I dont want to spring a show on you guys with a weeks notice.

BUT on a side note I did talk with lenny and he is planning to do a show on his own.I will also keep you informed about that too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

were does lenny work at now lol?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nismofreak View Post
    were does lenny work at now lol?
    not sure

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast