Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

dogsbody is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

Hi all,
    I'm looking at redoing everything audio-wise on my '86 4runner, running most likely a Pioneer HU, something new in the stock speaker locations, and a single 10 or 12" Alpine type R or Audioque SDC 2.5 in a sealed box (trying to save as much cargo area as possible, as i do a lot of biking/camping).

Whole truck needs to be rewired (stock speakers have all kinds of interference coming through), and I know approximately nothing about wiring up an amp, so I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out for a shop to do everything - anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a shop in or around Seattle? Searching around the net hasn't been very helpful, best idea i got so far is Advance Auto Design in Auburn - but they look to be on the expensive side of things. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RidnClean is offline Love 4 Money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

hmm, don't know any good shops.

But i'm sure someone will gladly do the work for a cheaper price

Team Shok Industries / Team NWSPL / Team XS Power / Team Vertex Audio / Team Sundown

Feedback Thread, if you've dealt with me, please leave some!
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/459566-ridncleans-feedback-thread.html

NoPh33rRaCiNg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

avoid discount stereo warehouse in des moines, expensive as hell. Hi tech autosound in kent isnt too bad

Team DC Audio : Team NWSPL : Team Shok

Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at redoing everything audio-wise on my '86 4runner, running most likely a Pioneer HU, something new in the stock speaker locations, and a single 10 or 12" Alpine type R or Audioque SDC 2.5 in a sealed box (trying to save as much cargo area as possible, as i do a lot of biking/camping).

Whole truck needs to be rewired (stock speakers have all kinds of interference coming through), and I know approximately nothing about wiring up an amp, so I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out for a shop to do everything - anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a shop in or around Seattle? Searching around the net hasn't been very helpful, best idea i got so far is Advance Auto Design in Auburn - but they look to be on the expensive side of things. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Stereo Warehouse has good reviews

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Hi all,

Mobile Radio does pretty good work out in bremerton, but can be expensive, If you go with them, get ahold of Bear (thats what he goes by), and chit chat with him.

Honestly though, im sure theres someone that would do it cheaper than a shop on here. Shoot, if you wanna drive across the state, i'll do it for a case of beer over a weekend.

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

oh, and if you're going sealed, dont get the Type-R (from personal experience)

Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    Mobile Radio does pretty good work out in bremerton, but can be expensive, If you go with them, get ahold of Bear (thats what he goes by), and chit chat with him.

Honestly though, im sure theres someone that would do it cheaper than a shop on here. Shoot, if you wanna drive across the state, i'll do it for a case of beer over a weekend.
    i'll give you a case to come wire up the rest of my system.

Team Shok Industries / Team NWSPL / Team XS Power / Team Vertex Audio / Team Sundown

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/459566-ridncleans-feedback-thread.html

dogsbody is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. SuperGumby - sure wish that was more feasible, or you were closer. Sadly none of my friends are into this stuff, so I don't know anybody that could help me out with it.

From another thread someone mentioned they liked Signature Motor Design in Kirkland, might stop by there and talk to'm since I work sorta nearby.

And you didn't like the sealed Type R SuperGumby? What I gathered from trolling is that a 10 in a .85cf enclosure is supposed to pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

go get qoutes and come back and let us know.

i'm sure someone will do it for 1/2 the cost.

Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. SuperGumby - sure wish that was more feasible, or you were closer. Sadly none of my friends are into this stuff, so I don't know anybody that could help me out with it.

From another thread someone mentioned they liked Signature Motor Design in Kirkland, might stop by there and talk to'm since I work sorta nearby.

And you didn't like the sealed Type R SuperGumby? What I gathered from trolling is that a 10 in a .85cf enclosure is supposed to pretty good.

If you are in the Kirkland Bellevue area, Contact Chris or JP at Benchmark Motoring

JP's Email is on the front page. If you contact them tell them Jeremy Sent ya!

Great group of guy's, Chris is the one who designed and built many of my Sub enclosures.

http://www.benchmarkmotoring.com/contact/contact.html

List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!

Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

Closed Thread

User Tag List