Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Reload Thread: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

  1. #1
    dogsbody's Avatar
    dogsbody is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Hi all,
    I'm looking at redoing everything audio-wise on my '86 4runner, running most likely a Pioneer HU, something new in the stock speaker locations, and a single 10 or 12" Alpine type R or Audioque SDC 2.5 in a sealed box (trying to save as much cargo area as possible, as i do a lot of biking/camping).

    Whole truck needs to be rewired (stock speakers have all kinds of interference coming through), and I know approximately nothing about wiring up an amp, so I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out for a shop to do everything - anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a shop in or around Seattle? Searching around the net hasn't been very helpful, best idea i got so far is Advance Auto Design in Auburn - but they look to be on the expensive side of things. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.







  2. #2
    RidnClean's Avatar
    RidnClean is offline Love 4 Money



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    hmm, don't know any good shops.

    But i'm sure someone will gladly do the work for a cheaper price



    Team Shok Industries / Team NWSPL / Team XS Power / Team Vertex Audio / Team Sundown

    Feedback Thread, if you've dealt with me, please leave some!
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/459566-ridncleans-feedback-thread.html


  3. #3
    NoPh33rRaCiNg's Avatar
    NoPh33rRaCiNg is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kent, WA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    avoid discount stereo warehouse in des moines, expensive as hell. Hi tech autosound in kent isnt too bad



    Team DC Audio : Team NWSPL : Team Shok


  4. #4
    Random1010's Avatar
    Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at redoing everything audio-wise on my '86 4runner, running most likely a Pioneer HU, something new in the stock speaker locations, and a single 10 or 12" Alpine type R or Audioque SDC 2.5 in a sealed box (trying to save as much cargo area as possible, as i do a lot of biking/camping).

    Whole truck needs to be rewired (stock speakers have all kinds of interference coming through), and I know approximately nothing about wiring up an amp, so I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out for a shop to do everything - anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a shop in or around Seattle? Searching around the net hasn't been very helpful, best idea i got so far is Advance Auto Design in Auburn - but they look to be on the expensive side of things. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Stereo Warehouse has good reviews




  5. #5
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at redoing everything audio-wise on my '86 4runner, running most likely a Pioneer HU, something new in the stock speaker locations, and a single 10 or 12" Alpine type R or Audioque SDC 2.5 in a sealed box (trying to save as much cargo area as possible, as i do a lot of biking/camping).

    Whole truck needs to be rewired (stock speakers have all kinds of interference coming through), and I know approximately nothing about wiring up an amp, so I'm going to bite the bullet and shell out for a shop to do everything - anyone have any good experiences/recommendations with a shop in or around Seattle? Searching around the net hasn't been very helpful, best idea i got so far is Advance Auto Design in Auburn - but they look to be on the expensive side of things. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Mobile Radio does pretty good work out in bremerton, but can be expensive, If you go with them, get ahold of Bear (thats what he goes by), and chit chat with him.

    Honestly though, im sure theres someone that would do it cheaper than a shop on here. Shoot, if you wanna drive across the state, i'll do it for a case of beer over a weekend.



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  6. #6
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    oh, and if you're going sealed, dont get the Type-R (from personal experience)



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  7. #7
    RidnClean's Avatar
    RidnClean is offline Love 4 Money



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    Mobile Radio does pretty good work out in bremerton, but can be expensive, If you go with them, get ahold of Bear (thats what he goes by), and chit chat with him.

    Honestly though, im sure theres someone that would do it cheaper than a shop on here. Shoot, if you wanna drive across the state, i'll do it for a case of beer over a weekend.
    i'll give you a case to come wire up the rest of my system.



    Team Shok Industries / Team NWSPL / Team XS Power / Team Vertex Audio / Team Sundown

    Feedback Thread, if you've dealt with me, please leave some!
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/459566-ridncleans-feedback-thread.html


  8. #8
    dogsbody's Avatar
    dogsbody is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Thanks for the replies. SuperGumby - sure wish that was more feasible, or you were closer. Sadly none of my friends are into this stuff, so I don't know anybody that could help me out with it.

    From another thread someone mentioned they liked Signature Motor Design in Kirkland, might stop by there and talk to'm since I work sorta nearby.

    And you didn't like the sealed Type R SuperGumby? What I gathered from trolling is that a 10 in a .85cf enclosure is supposed to pretty good.




  9. #9
    RidnClean's Avatar
    RidnClean is offline Love 4 Money



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    go get qoutes and come back and let us know.

    i'm sure someone will do it for 1/2 the cost.



    Team Shok Industries / Team NWSPL / Team XS Power / Team Vertex Audio / Team Sundown

    Feedback Thread, if you've dealt with me, please leave some!
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/459566-ridncleans-feedback-thread.html


  10. #10
    Shinju's Avatar
    Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    117 Post(s)

    Re: Seattle area, car audio shop recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Thanks for the replies. SuperGumby - sure wish that was more feasible, or you were closer. Sadly none of my friends are into this stuff, so I don't know anybody that could help me out with it.

    From another thread someone mentioned they liked Signature Motor Design in Kirkland, might stop by there and talk to'm since I work sorta nearby.

    And you didn't like the sealed Type R SuperGumby? What I gathered from trolling is that a 10 in a .85cf enclosure is supposed to pretty good.

    If you are in the Kirkland Bellevue area, Contact Chris or JP at Benchmark Motoring

    JP's Email is on the front page. If you contact them tell them Jeremy Sent ya!

    Great group of guy's, Chris is the one who designed and built many of my Sub enclosures.

    http://www.benchmarkmotoring.com/contact/contact.html



    List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!


    Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum