Closed Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: feb 15th ultimate on 84th

2loudcrew is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: feb 15th ultimate on 84th

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_By_Nature View Post
    Yo Joe, long time no talk. You still running the mojos?
    Brent,

Hope all is well in Fort Morgan. Yes I am still running 2-15" Mojos. I got rid of the Earthquake 20k amp and am running 4-Memphis 4kws. Gained to 158 outlaw and 153.3 on the dash. Maybe I'll see you at a show this year.

Later,

Joe

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats cool man, as I remember on the flyers sent out it says DB Drag racing. But anyway, no ones credibility was at steak or being challenged for that matter. Only thing I stated was its not an entirely fair competition. Hence 750watts should not be going against 8000watts. Its a garaunteed loss. Also for that incident in Canon City, that was at fault of the idiot in my passenger seat. I told him keep it infront of the pillar and just move it periodicaly to find the best location. He took it upon himself to stick it infront of the port thinking when I said infront of the pillar he thought the seat-belt pillar was the objective. I have a TL as well and I know it retrofits who goes against who once everone has metered. I do also know that they can be re-organized to who should go against who. Only thing I would like to see different is instead of woofer categorized classes there should be power classes ie(500~1000/ 1200~2000). Just a thought, not saying it should be that way. It may be a lot more difficult to organize that way but in the end it would be more head to head. Im still planning on going as Im not putting down the shows at all, however I wont enter since I'll be running 20,000 on 2 15's in my extended cab, which wouldn't be entirely fair at all to the new-comers that do arrive.

The shows are great, the crowds that surround the cars are just amazing! You have plenty of credit as your a 2 time national champ, so how that could question your credibility is beyond me. You're essentialy the Alan Dante of Colorado when you're at a show. The events are fine with me the way they are. And your credit at shows is un-matched to any show in the Colorado Spring and Pueblo area. I'm only voicing what I hear from people that I roll with. Some may or may not own up to it, but I will do it for them. Feel free to ban me from any participation if you think I shouldn't voice what I hear from fellow competitiors. I've told them numerous times to take it up with you and they dont, there's only so much dis-respect I can take before I feel the need to speak up to shut them up.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

tnt-sounds there is one reason why you cant do power classes and that is becuase the amp manuf is not truthfull with the ratings of the amp.I'm sure you heard of the orion concept 97 1 watt,there is the cliff designs cdx20a 25 watts, almost all the hcca line was cheater amps back in the 80s-90s americanbass 150.1,200.1,400.1,500.1.tell me how would you feel when you go up agianest a guy with 6 concept 97.1's and you have a true 500 watts when the other guy has over 10k. to me competion is competion it's all about who spends the money.
    most people get real mad when my crx does a 155 on the dash and there $40k install only does a 145-148.

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know that well enough as my amps are under-rated. But what others dont know won't hurt. Hell I think Mike Sneads' CRX does a 156 at the dash now with his 4 little 10's. All kinds of people were mad that were in his class. My personal opnion is, I really could careless how its organized, I show up to all of them, all the time that Joe has put on. I even encountered airbag problems with my truck and I still made it to the show. The feedback I was recieving from fellow members was just not tolerating me. If I do bring my blow-through I'll be up against Mike and I know I'll lose but its fun for me and I like just being there. Dont take anything I said the wrong way. The shows are a blast and everyone there is very enthusiastic. Its a warm atmosphere there and its an adrenaline rush with the big crowds.

Also Everyone like stevew007, pyro, all you people in the Colorado area need to be there. Its fun and also the food is great.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Pyro_By_Nature is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully this year I can make it down to pueblo for the show.

The way I look at it, no matter how you run a show someone will always find something they don't like about it. It's not really about winning, just having fun and meeting other competitors, seeing other systems, etc.

Although winning is fun too

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley
    2005 Subaru WRX
    1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    I know that well enough as my amps are under-rated. But what others dont know won't hurt. Hell I think Mike Sneads' CRX does a 156 at the dash now with his 4 little 10's. All kinds of people were mad that were in his class. My personal opnion is, I really could careless how its organized, I show up to all of them, all the time that Joe has put on. I even encountered airbag problems with my truck and I still made it to the show. The feedback I was recieving from fellow members was just not tolerating me. If I do bring my blow-through I'll be up against Mike and I know I'll lose but its fun for me and I like just being there. Dont take anything I said the wrong way. The shows are a blast and everyone there is very enthusiastic. Its a warm atmosphere there and its an adrenaline rush with the big crowds.

Also Everyone like stevew007, pyro, all you people in the Colorado area need to be there. Its fun and also the food is great.
    well i wouldent worry about that blue crx anymore but keep an eye out for a couple vans and another crx

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

2loudcrew is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Travis,

We are cool now. You are welcome to come to the shows, but if you or any of your crew have a problem speak up then. I am open to discuss ways to make the shows better. Majority like going with cone area instead of wattage. If there were enough competitors then we could go by both wattage and number of woofers. You can compete at the show. You can run in the 3-up woofer category if you do not want to run in the 2-15 to 2-18 category.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_By_Nature View Post
    Hopefully this year I can make it down to pueblo for the show.

The way I look at it, no matter how you run a show someone will always find something they don't like about it. It's not really about winning, just having fun and meeting other competitors, seeing other systems, etc.

Although winning is fun too

it is all about having fun that is why i stopped doing street-a
    but i will tell you i still gun for the big boys and the big trophies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would try to bring both cars:

But I dont think I could drive both. I'll more than likely bring ol' faithful and 3 or 4 other guys in my area.

What happened to Mikes Rex?

3 8's

39.9 consistently

PBateman is offline This is bat country....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post

Not at the dash and Mike sold his rex.

VW passat trunk
    Alpine 9855 AC DQXS
    Sundown SAZ-4500/SAX-100.2
    Diamond D-661S comps.
    DD Z18
    148+db on music
    -------------------------
    1989 Honda CRX Si
    2 nsb90's / 2 sundown saz4500's
    4 10's and 155+db

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow really? Actually last I met up with him in springs he had 2 IA 40.1's on them and was doing 156 at the dash and a 158 in the kick. This was last year around July

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Nismofreak is offline VIP *****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

uh who gives a ****. Bring what you have. Colorado is not competitive just a big family that helps out one another when they need it. Hell I remember when I went to the first show, got some pointers and happy with what i got. Colorado will expand but people are lazy to come and help expand this hobby in co

duece212 is offline Buddy Christ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nismofreak View Post
    uh who gives a ****. Bring what you have. Colorado is not competitive just a big family that helps out one another when they need it. Hell I remember when I went to the first show, got some pointers and happy with what i got. Colorado will expand but people are lazy to come and help expand this hobby in co

Nismofreak is offline VIP *****es

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post
    lol. Naw people can't and can. It ***** when they can't come and help out with the show

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast