Closed Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

CRXBMPN is online now ---> TEAM B.L.O. ME <---

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    The big reason for keeping the same was for the guys to do the TNESPL Rookie classes, since they are all capped at 2K.

Bumping up the battery limits in Stock 3 is a definite possibility.
    oh man i'm going to end up stuffing four batteries in my crx again lol

Team Bass Lovers Of MainE/The Loud Crowd
    2k5 SLAP Stock 2 National Champion - I feel old...!
    Next up - 1991 CRX, two SAZ3000d's, and some subs

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CRXBMPN View Post
    oh man i'm going to end up stuffing four batteries in my crx again lol
    Since CRX's are so loud anyway, I can always cut the number of batteries allowed in CRX's only......if ya want me to. That will save you some space, lol

XS Power (2) D3100, D5100, 2 runs of 0/1 ga
    a pair of 10" DC level 4's on an Orion 2500d for daily low end _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    2 18" DC XL's and an Atomic 5000.1 - 154.6 so far
    Team Elite NESPL

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

BassBrawlinBill is offline NESPL Regular.. not decaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who said we were gonna do that again in 2010 anyway???? lol, I'm sure we'll do it, but someone's gonna have to step up and earn it more than Dave did in 2009. Two years in a row would b possible, but Chris is right, people will start crying about it, it's the nature of competition, everyone wants to be the big winner.
    Some would cry others would rejoice ;-) but you can't award or not award something to someone based on that imo. That said I know Steve wouldn't do that, does what he thinks is right (he cares too much to not be that way and is a good person). I also know its twice as hard to repeat any title so the odds will be stacked against him but I still say 3-1 He wins it hands down if Steve ends up having the award in 2010. Its gonna be hard for anyone to do more for fellow competitiors while kicking so much arse like Dave did in '09, even Dave will be hard pressed to match it.

Team Elite NESPL Team Soundstream
    Volvo S60 AWD Turbo
    HU: Pioneer DEH-4100UB + Soundstream VHR-76 7" LCD & VCCD-1 camera
    front:Ran @ 4 Ohm & Active! tweets: 2 Soundstream SST-05 bullet tweeters
    mid-range: 2 Soundstream SST654N 6.5" NEO
    mid-bass: 2 Soundstream SST-804N 8" NEO
    A/B Amps: Soundstream REF4.920, PX4.760,
    Sub Stage: 2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX's Mono Amp: Soundstream XXX-6500D
    H. Farnsworth - "All this knowledge is giving me a raging BRAINER!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

thx buddy! lol
    i know for a fact that people with other vehicles and less battery quantity have done bigger #'s than I did with everything I owned crammed in to my white one.

splbenz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I have a question for the Amateurs. What are your thoughts if we bump up the power limits to 1000 watts in AM 1, 2000 watts in AM 2, and 3000 watts in AM 3? Is this something the Amateurs want to see, or should we leave it at 2000 watts?
    would that still only be 1 amp or two amps in am 3? more people have two amps now adays its common to have 2 1200 watt amps ?

AMPLIFIED IMPRESSIONS
    2(12's) dc lv 4xl
    5.5 ft3 daily driver box plus port tunned to 51 htz
    american bass vfl-500.1
    xs power d3100
    2 sets kicker kx componets
    kicker kx 650.4
    1/0 all around
    soundstream touch screen hu
    bass prosser

BassBrawlinBill is offline NESPL Regular.. not decaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by splbenz View Post
    would that still only be 1 amp or two amps in am 3? more people have two amps now adays its common to have 2 1200 watt amps ?
    Bro look at the very 1st post in this thread, it has the answers to your questions.

Team Elite NESPL Team Soundstream
    Volvo S60 AWD Turbo
    HU: Pioneer DEH-4100UB + Soundstream VHR-76 7" LCD & VCCD-1 camera
    front:Ran @ 4 Ohm & Active! tweets: 2 Soundstream SST-05 bullet tweeters
    mid-range: 2 Soundstream SST654N 6.5" NEO
    mid-bass: 2 Soundstream SST-804N 8" NEO
    A/B Amps: Soundstream REF4.920, PX4.760,
    Sub Stage: 2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX's Mono Amp: Soundstream XXX-6500D
    H. Farnsworth - "All this knowledge is giving me a raging BRAINER!"

craigecac is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey steve, i think that you should make a rule that if a person is running say am 2 and they decide to jump up to stock 2 to allow a fellow competitor/team member to compete, then they shouldnt be allowed to jump back down to am class at the next show. this would stop people from jumping between am and stock just to win a trophy. i know there is alot of people out there that only care about taking home a trophy and dont really care about the sport.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see what your saying Craig, at the same time if we let competitors jump from AM to Stock and back so that a whole team isn't filling a class it will be better for those not on a team. If you came out for your 1st comp and there were 5 competitors in AM2, three of them are all on the same team and win 1st-3rd, do you think that new guy is gonna want to come back to a 2nd show if he knows he'll get beat by the same team members again? Someone would be much more likely to keep competing if they think they have a chance to win at a future show. It's all part of competition to work and get louder, but for someone coming out for their 1st show they may not have that "SPL bug" that some of us got when we 1st came out to a comp. There is a rule on only being able to compete in a class that fits your system, for just the reason your saying. But, Amateur competitors systems can also fit the Stock class systems, it's more a matter of experience level. I don't think it would be fair for a rookie competitor to be banned from the Amateur class they belong in because they wanted to see what they could hit on a burp.

a pair of 10" DC level 4's on an Orion 2500d for daily low end _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    Team Elite NESPL

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

i have a new RULE. Dont let me drink a frozen mudslide, strawberry daquiri, ~3 shots of rum and a bud light golden wheat to start the night :-D

loudaccent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

after the feed back in this topic is settled corrections will me made to the site?

also do you know wen the events for 2010 will be up.. because im comeing up

ROBERT JAGACKI... HAZARDOUS SOUND AUDIO
    88 yugo gvx and a 2002 ford explorer 4 DC audio 12ks
    4 12" DC sound lab lvl 5,, PIONEER HEAD UNIT. 1 nsb 3100 under the hood 4 halker batts under the truck
    156.3 in usaci stock 3001+153.7 in street b db drag
    155.0 in meca s5 all time best 158.2 with all 5 batts
    REFS: 97f-150, flexxissues,,sonic purity x4, uglydimple12
    THE LOW.. OldSchoolAMPS1 slapmaster . blue200sx .
    1mtx1. dacheatham SVT RELAMPAGO THUMPPER
    jonny101abc 2002XLT team psi rollerdj tenbux1970 ca.com team DC SOUND LAB

craigecac is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i can understand allowing am class competitors to jump up to stock to see what they can hit off of tones. i was talking more about "club" members that jump up to make it so their other teammates can win trophies or jump up to a class with less ppl so they can win. i think that an am class competitor should be allowed to jump up once to see what they hit off a tone, or to run a sweep to find their frequency, but anytime after that one "grace" jump, they should have to remain in stock.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loudaccent View Post
    after the feed back in this topic is settled corrections will me made to the site?

also do you know wen the events for 2010 will be up.. because im comeing up
    I want to have everything finalized by New Years Day. Once everything is set the final rules will be posted on the website, I'll make a post on here letting everyone know they are final and posted.

The first show isn't even close to being set yet. I won't talk to the shop til probably the end of March to set a date. Expect the season to get underway in late April, early May. The 1st show we do will most likely be done for Team NorthEast SPL and not New England SPL, just so people can start earning their points for the TNESPL Finals.

Team Elite NESPL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigecac View Post
    i can understand allowing am class competitors to jump up to stock to see what they can hit off of tones. i was talking more about "club" members that jump up to make it so their other teammates can win trophies or jump up to a class with less ppl so they can win. i think that an am class competitor should be allowed to jump up once to see what they hit off a tone, or to run a sweep to find their frequency, but anytime after that one "grace" jump, they should have to remain in stock.
    Something like that could be a possibility, but it would also be very hard to keep track of what Amateurs jumped up once, and which ones haven't. There are 3 times as many Amateur competitors than Stock and Super Stock competitors. And making a rule like this would be unfair if it was applied to only members of a team. Last season we had a rule about not allowing members of any SPL teams to compete in Amateur, but we decided that this wasn't fair to everyone because even members of an SPL team are Amateur their first season, so we eliminated that rule for 2010.

It's still early, but from the clubs I know that are competing, there are only 3 of them that are really getting into the SPL. If a team has too many Amateurs and some feel the need to jump to a higher class to avoid sweeping a class, then I would say thats a good thing. If a team has lets say, 4 members that fit the AM2 class, and all 4 are going to make it out for a show, it wouldn't be fair to those not on that team. I don't want to see several team members all in one class, it will scare off potential future competitors. So by letting them move up to a higher class to avoid sweeping a class I can't see any reason to not let them. At the same time, it wouldn't be fair to those same competitors to ban them from returning to a class that they also meet the requirements for. Once any Amateur competitor has completed at least 10 SPL events in one season they will have to move up to Stock the next season. Not allowing people to jump up to a higher class (Super Stock) is a rule already posted, but this doesn't apply to Amateurs.

Team Elite NESPL

splmegavan is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so like bill said bumping up the batteries from 3 to 4 in stock 3 would b awesome, if it does happen will the no wall battery limit be bumped up also or will they remain the same at 4. Also 1 question about super stock 3 its 720 inches plus last year i believe mikes van was the only person who came out with that much in that class will those square inch limits remain the same or be moved around a lil. you would need 4 18's to fall into that class not many people have that just wondering thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by splmegavan View Post
    so like bill said bumping up the batteries from 3 to 4 in stock 3 would b awesome, if it does happen will the no wall battery limit be bumped up also or will they remain the same at 4. Also 1 question about super stock 3 its 720 inches plus last year i believe mikes van was the only person who came out with that much in that class will those square inch limits remain the same or be moved around a lil. you would need 4 18's to fall into that class not many people have that just wondering thanks
    I will bump up the battery limit in Stock 3 to a total of 4 batteries, all must be 850 cu in or smaller. Keep in mind though, these limits will ONLY apply to NESPL events. If you come out to a show we're running for TNESPL or Db Drags you will have to remove all but two batteries, they will have to be removed and not just disconnected.

Also, you might want to read the rules again, No Wall has never had a limit on batteries, only on amps and that part won't change.

The Super Stock class sizes will remain the same. We have competitors that are planning on coming out to comps from outside New England that may fall into these classes, and there are people building for Super Stock too.

I have also added a note to clarify the battery limits in Stock 1. You will be allowed a single battery up to 650 cu" in the stock location, and a single 800 cu" or smaller in the trunk/cargo area. If doing any dB Drags events we hold, you will have to remove the 800 cu in battery from the vehicle.
    Last edited by SPL Blazer; 12-13-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Team Elite NESPL

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast