Closed Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

Quote Originally Posted by spltuscon View Post
    This is from woofercooker

#26 Enclosures and all other stereo related equipment in other type of vehicle other than pickup trucks may not be taller than 25 inches from the lowest point of the floor in the trunk and/or cargo area. Unlike pickup trucks, equipment can raise above the bottom edge of the rear window in SUV or hatch back type vehicles. This includes anything and everything attached to the enclosure. Examples of attachments are amplifiers, speakers, lighting, carpet, vinyl, suede, plastic, sound deadening, wire, sting ray, snake skin, ash trays, televisions, antennas, satellite dishes, gps units, computers, alarm or remote start modules, coolers, refrigerator, freezers, laptops, trophies, felt, polyester, cotton, crossovers, equalizers, sound processors, speaker grills, power cells, batteries, caps, legs, props, amp racks, pens, pencils, markers, paper, gift cards, food, drinks, seats, floor buildups, 50/50 tickets, etc... All stereo equipment as well as power storage devices must remain within the cargo area or trunk. No stereo equipment or power storage devices may ever be forward of the "B" pillar at any time.

But in the Pro no-wall you're correct....that's weird

my guess is that this was made to apply to hatchbacks, but thats just a guess since I don't know for sure. I noticed they also have rules on the size of the enclosure allowed for Rookies.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree but...............

Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    I agree but...............
    I know what your saying, Wayne pulled that kind of sh*t at Finals last year with the Street Stock class. He changed the rules on the subs the day before Finals. I don't know, I don't see how anyone can enforce a rule that isn't written for their competitors to see and have the chance to follow. Thats another reason for this thread.

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I have a question for the Amateurs. What are your thoughts if we bump up the power limits to 1000 watts in AM 1, 2000 watts in AM 2, and 3000 watts in AM 3? Is this something the Amateurs want to see, or should we leave it at 2000 watts?

loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    Ok, so I have a question for the Amateurs. What are your thoughts if we bump up the power limits to 1000 watts in AM 1, 2000 watts in AM 2, and 3000 watts in AM 3? Is this something the Amateurs want to see, or should we leave it at 2000 watts?
    this was what i have been saying i say do it

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t3audios_160sdbjeep View Post
    this was what i have been saying i say do it
    Yeah, thats what got me thinking. I want to hear from some competitors that will actually be in that class and see what some of them think of it before I actually make the change.

BassBrawlinBill is offline NESPL Regular.. not decaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know what your saying, Wayne pulled that kind of sh*t at Finals last year with the Street Stock class. He changed the rules on the subs the day before Finals. I don't know, I don't see how anyone can enforce a rule that isn't written for their competitors to see and have the chance to follow. Thats another reason for this thread.
    I agree completely

On the deadener I was just asking for team members basically, you gave good advice tho.

I do like the idea of making Am3 a 3000 watt limit however I can see why you'd want to keep it at 2000. Of course it will be tough for you to get feedback from anyone who actually plans on running in it, most the rookies either haven't realized they will be competing next year or do but are not very active on the forums. You'll probly have to make that call yourself or with input from your regulars, know what I mean? But for the record I do like that idea.

So any chance that since stock 3 and stock 4 are combined now the battery limit for that class can be 4 instead of 3?

Team Elite NESPL Team Soundstream
    Volvo S60 AWD Turbo
    HU: Pioneer DEH-4100UB + Soundstream VHR-76 7" LCD & VCCD-1 camera
    front:Ran @ 4 Ohm & Active! tweets: 2 Soundstream SST-05 bullet tweeters
    mid-range: 2 Soundstream SST654N 6.5" NEO
    mid-bass: 2 Soundstream SST-804N 8" NEO
    A/B Amps: Soundstream REF4.920, PX4.760,
    Sub Stage: 2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX's Mono Amp: Soundstream XXX-6500D
    H. Farnsworth - "All this knowledge is giving me a raging BRAINER!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spltuscon View Post
    Chris- TNESPL allows 25" high (from the floor of cargo area)for the enclosure for the no wall class so you'd be fine.

hmm our first hint of what Dave's building for Chris... nice

Volvo S60 AWD Turbo

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLscion View Post
    I do like the idea of making Am3 a 3000 watt limit however I can see why you'd want to keep it at 2000.

So any chance that since stock 3 and stock 4 are combined now the battery limit for that class can be 4 instead of 3?
    The big reason for keeping the same was for the guys to do the TNESPL Rookie classes, since they are all capped at 2K.

Bumping up the battery limits in Stock 3 is a definite possibility.

edzy is offline SPL Ninja

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This all is a bit confusing... So amature classes will go by amp size vs speaker size?
    Or do they both count?
    Or is speaker size related to Stock and super stock/street stock?

I guess I should re-read the rules a few more times.

Nothing to see here, Move along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bumping up the battery limits in Stock 3 is a definite possibility.
    That would be sweet! I know I told everyone I would play in no wall next season but one of my team mates got a sick deal on some monster batteries so he grabbed them but now he needs to run no wall, so for the best of the team I figure I'll run stock 3 since I haven't done any mods that would bar me from it unlike some of my team mates.

So I guess I'll be gunning hardcore for Chris' NESPL overall stock class record. You all will have to have fun in no wall without me :-( Of course I haven't ruled out super stock... but I'd really like another year of experience before I try to run that class and play with the Renots boyz. Maybe I can back up my most improved title. Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?

Volvo S60 AWD Turbo

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edzy View Post
    This all is a bit confusing... So amature classes will go by amp size vs speaker size?
    Or do they both count?
    Or is speaker size related to Stock and super stock/street stock?

I guess I should re-read the rules a few more times.
    Last season the Amateur classes were based on power alone, this season they will be based on power and surface area. And again they will be music only classes.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLscion View Post
    That would be sweet! I know I told everyone I would play in no wall next season but one of my team mates got a sick deal on some monster batteries so he grabbed them but now he needs to run no wall, so for the best of the team I figure I'll run stock 3 since I haven't done any mods that would bar me from it unlike some of my team mates.

Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?
    Just make sure you can fold your back seat to up so it locks into position and you should be good.

And if your gonna bet on Dave for next year I may have to get in on that, since I'll be the one to decide,

SICK GV is offline IG0TUFUKER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I guess I'll be gunning hardcore for Chris' NESPL overall stock class record. You all will have to have fun in no wall without me :-( Of course I haven't ruled out super stock... but I'd really like another year of experience before I try to run that class and play with the Renots boyz. Maybe I can back up my most improved title. Oh and I'll say this now and not change my bet but I'll give 3-1 odds @ least that Dave Lenheman will repeat as NESPL Competitor of the Year in 2010, any takers?[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. Im sure you can do it. Dont forget though I might have to bring the Jeep back if you get too loud lol! Even though Dave would prob easily get C.O.T.Y. I doubt Steve would do repeats because others might start crying so I guess Ill take your 3 to 1 bet.

Team ACT Audio
    Team Elite NESPL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who said we were gonna do that again in 2010 anyway???? lol, I'm sure we'll do it, but someone's gonna have to step up and earn it more than Dave did in 2009. Two years in a row would b possible, but Chris is right, people will start crying about it, it's the nature of competition, everyone wants to be the big winner.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast