Closed Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 438

Reload Thread: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

  1. #91
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Ok, I made a couple changes to the site. Last season we had the rules for No Wall allowing for enclosures to be as high as the top of the front seat, not including the headrest. As the season went on I noticed that in several vehicles this was also the same height as the bottom of the rear glass, so for 2010 the rule has been modified to allow the enclosure to be as high as the top of the headrest. I bent this rule for a couple of competitors last season, so now we'll have it posted the way it was intended.

    Also, in Amateur 2, I added the text "1001-2000 watts". Amateur 1 and 2 both have the same size limits, but different power limits. So to avoid some gray area, if you have less than 1000 watts you'd be in AM1, if you have 1001-2000 watts it's AM2. This should avoid someone with 900 watts going into AM2 because there is less competition.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e




  2. #92
    BassBrawlinBill's Avatar
    BassBrawlinBill is offline NESPL Regular.. not decaf



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seacoast, NH
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Steve I didn't see any rules about deadening, am I just missing it some how?



    Team Elite NESPL Team Soundstream
    Volvo S60 AWD Turbo
    HU: Pioneer DEH-4100UB + Soundstream VHR-76 7" LCD & VCCD-1 camera
    front:Ran @ 4 Ohm & Active! tweets: 2 Soundstream SST-05 bullet tweeters
    mid-range: 2 Soundstream SST654N 6.5" NEO
    mid-bass: 2 Soundstream SST-804N 8" NEO
    A/B Amps: Soundstream REF4.920, PX4.760,
    Sub Stage: 2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX's Mono Amp: Soundstream XXX-6500D
    H. Farnsworth - "All this knowledge is giving me a raging BRAINER!"

  3. #93
    BassBrawlinBill's Avatar
    BassBrawlinBill is offline NESPL Regular.. not decaf



    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Seacoast, NH
    Posts
    148
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    "Competitors may NOT share any part of their system, meaning each competitor must have their own enclosure, amps, subs and radio when registering for the event. The ONLY exception will be to replace a blown sub, or amp. Replacement MUST be an exact replacement, meaning the same model number and/or coil configuration as item being replaced."
    -copy/paste of a section of rules from www.newenglandspl.com

    So if I blow a sub I can only borrow a sub from a friend if its exact same model I got that part but can I bring my own back up if its not the same model number. For example: if I blew one of my XXX subs and had brought my t5's can I swap them out since I own both sets?



    Team Elite NESPL Team Soundstream
    Volvo S60 AWD Turbo
    HU: Pioneer DEH-4100UB + Soundstream VHR-76 7" LCD & VCCD-1 camera
    front:Ran @ 4 Ohm & Active! tweets: 2 Soundstream SST-05 bullet tweeters
    mid-range: 2 Soundstream SST654N 6.5" NEO
    mid-bass: 2 Soundstream SST-804N 8" NEO
    A/B Amps: Soundstream REF4.920, PX4.760,
    Sub Stage: 2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX's Mono Amp: Soundstream XXX-6500D
    H. Farnsworth - "All this knowledge is giving me a raging BRAINER!"

  4. #94
    Mr. Slate's Avatar
    Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Haven, Ct.
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPLscion View Post
    "Competitors may NOT share any part of their system, meaning each competitor must have their own enclosure, amps, subs and radio when registering for the event. The ONLY exception will be to replace a blown sub, or amp. Replacement MUST be an exact replacement, meaning the same model number and/or coil configuration as item being replaced."
    -copy/paste of a section of rules from www.newenglandspl.com

    So if I blow a sub I can only borrow a sub from a friend if its exact same model I got that part but can I bring my own back up if its not the same model number. For example: if I blew one of my XXX subs and had brought my t5's can I swap them out since I own both sets?
    Steve in 2004 at SLAP finals, Manny let a competitor from Chicago borrow a 15" because he blew one of his. The guy ended up coming in 1st or 2nd but he beat someone that we really didn't like so it was a lot of fun.
    I think you should allow competitors to "borrow" equipment but only in the event that they "blow" something.



    Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

  5. #95
    SICK GV's Avatar
    SICK GV is offline IG0TUFUKER



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    Ok, I made a couple changes to the site. Last season we had the rules for No Wall allowing for enclosures to be as high as the top of the front seat, not including the headrest. As the season went on I noticed that in several vehicles this was also the same height as the bottom of the rear glass, so for 2010 the rule has been modified to allow the enclosure to be as high as the top of the headrest. I bent this rule for a couple of competitors last season, so now we'll have it posted the way it was intended.

    .
    If I build my enclosure over the window line but below the headrest how would that effect my class at a TNESPL show. Not to big of a deal I was just wondering for finals.



    Team ACT Audio
    Team Elite NESPL

  6. #96
    spltuscon's Avatar
    spltuscon is offline Kick-*** box builder



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Chris- TNESPL allows 25" high (from the floor of cargo area)for the enclosure for the no wall class so you'd be fine.



    Dave The Box Guy


    154.4 db USACi Stock 601-1800- NH S.R. 2009
    152.4 db legal in WCP1 TNESPL 2010
    150.9 db legal in Stock 1 NESPL 2010
    150.5 Street C Db Drag 2010

    2010 Woofer Cooker Pro 1 champ
    2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year

  7. #97
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Team Act View Post
    If I build my enclosure over the window line but below the headrest how would that effect my class at a TNESPL show. Not to big of a deal I was just wondering for finals.
    In TNESPL your enclosure must be below the window of the rear cargo area glass. Last season at a couple shows I had guys come out that wouldn't fit any class but No Wall, but their boxes were also above the window line. They only did one or two shows so I let them do the No Wall class, this year I figured I'd just change the rule so I don't have to bend it. Downside is they won't be able to compete in any TNESPL or dB Drags shows. This is also a rule that will help to separate NESPL from the other orgs.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

  8. #98
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by spltuscon View Post
    Chris- TNESPL allows 25" high (from the floor of cargo area)for the enclosure for the no wall class so you'd be fine.
    I thought that was only in a pick up truck?

    Here's the quote from their rules,

    • Pro -No Wall-: Unlimited Cone Area - Enclosure and equipment must fall below bottom edge of rear factory window glass.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

  9. #99
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPLscion View Post
    Steve I didn't see any rules about deadening, am I just missing it some how?
    I actually haven't made any rules on it. dB Drags allows for two layers, up to 4 mil thick, TNESPL allows for 1/4" before the "B" pillar and unlimited behind, as long as the panels will still fit. USACi has no rules on it that I've seen. I could make a rule on it, but it would probably be the same as TNESPL so I haven't bothered to make one. It's a hard one to enforce anyway, so I won't bother making the rule. My advice is to just follow the dB Drags rules on it so you can compete in any org.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

  10. #100
    Mr. Slate's Avatar
    Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Haven, Ct.
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    I actually haven't made any rules on it. dB Drags allows for two layers, up to 4 mil thick, TNESPL allows for 1/4" before the "B" pillar and unlimited behind, as long as the panels will still fit. USACi has no rules on it that I've seen. I could make a rule on it, but it would probably be the same as TNESPL so I haven't bothered to make one. It's a hard one to enforce anyway, so I won't bother making the rule. My advice is to just follow the dB Drags rules on it so you can compete in any org.
    Steve, even though USACi doesn't have it in writing, Ralph has said 2 layers.



    Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

  11. #101
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPLscion View Post
    So if I blow a sub I can only borrow a sub from a friend if its exact same model I got that part but can I bring my own back up if its not the same model number. For example: if I blew one of my XXX subs and had brought my t5's can I swap them out since I own both sets?
    I'll add something for this rule. If you own it, I'll allow it. I just want to make sure if someone blows their sub or an amp they don't borrow one from a team mate or someone else that has more power output or handling than what they were using when they blew it. As an example: It wouldn't be fair for a team to buy a 5000 watt amp and hand it off to each of their competitors.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

  12. #102
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    Steve, even though USACi doesn't have it in writing, Ralph has said 2 layers.
    Thats a good way to do it, but, if it's not written it's can't be enforced.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

  13. #103
    spltuscon's Avatar
    spltuscon is offline Kick-*** box builder



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    This is from woofercooker

    #26 Enclosures and all other stereo related equipment in other type of vehicle other than pickup trucks may not be taller than 25 inches from the lowest point of the floor in the trunk and/or cargo area. Unlike pickup trucks, equipment can raise above the bottom edge of the rear window in SUV or hatch back type vehicles. This includes anything and everything attached to the enclosure. Examples of attachments are amplifiers, speakers, lighting, carpet, vinyl, suede, plastic, sound deadening, wire, sting ray, snake skin, ash trays, televisions, antennas, satellite dishes, gps units, computers, alarm or remote start modules, coolers, refrigerator, freezers, laptops, trophies, felt, polyester, cotton, crossovers, equalizers, sound processors, speaker grills, power cells, batteries, caps, legs, props, amp racks, pens, pencils, markers, paper, gift cards, food, drinks, seats, floor buildups, 50/50 tickets, etc... All stereo equipment as well as power storage devices must remain within the cargo area or trunk. No stereo equipment or power storage devices may ever be forward of the "B" pillar at any time.

    But in the Pro no-wall you're correct....that's weird



    Dave The Box Guy


    154.4 db USACi Stock 601-1800- NH S.R. 2009
    152.4 db legal in WCP1 TNESPL 2010
    150.9 db legal in Stock 1 NESPL 2010
    150.5 Street C Db Drag 2010

    2010 Woofer Cooker Pro 1 champ
    2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year

  14. #104
    Mr. Slate's Avatar
    Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Haven, Ct.
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    Thats a good way to do it, but, if it's not written it's can't be enforced.
    I'll tell you what Steve, go to finals with more then 2 layers...........



    Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

  15. #105
    SPL Blazer's Avatar
    SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NESPL 2010 Rules discussion

    I don't see myself ever going to USACi Finals. But if I were and had more than 2 layers I'd make a huge deal about it if someone tried to DQ me for it. If he can't take 2 seconds to add it to his list of rules then it should not enforced, at Finals or any other event.



    Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far


    Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum