Closed Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Reload Thread: New England comps.......

tangelo95 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New England comps.......

Whats up with the 10k cap on the stock classes with all the big amps out these days everyone is gonna end up in no wall and have way different setups.

TEAM PUBLIC DISTURBANCE 2010,2011 TNESPL WCPro2 Champion

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would have actually preferred going with a 5K limit instead of the 10K, but that would mean making up more classes. I seriously can't see anyone here in New England running out and buying an amp over 10K and still compete in a Stock class. Db Drags has no power limit in their street classes, something I don't agree with, but thats their decision so we go with it. Having no power limit gets out of control for many competitors. You can have one guy with plenty of money to buy a 10K or a 16K amp and put it to pair of 12's, and yet he might have no skill or ability to get loud with less power. And then you have a guy with money for 3K and a pair of 12's that has the skills to get loud with little power and might fall a few tenths of a db behind the money man with the 10K. If you wanna be competitive you need to learn how to get loud with less. I'm not very loud IMO, but I can still hit high 49's with a pair of 10's on less than 3K, then you get a guy with a similar vehicle and a pair of 15's and 5K hitting lower than me. I remember meeting someone like that before, and he tried telling me that I was cheating and that he just needed more power. I don't have as much time as I'd like to build and get louder, but I do pretty good for what I have, and thats under 5K. I was told last season about a guy in the MidWest doing low 52's with 800 watts and a pair of 12's, granted it was in a CRX, but thats still a crazy number for only 800 watts. If you can't get extremely loud with less than 10K then your in the wrong sport, seriously.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

murilo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    I was told last season about a guy in the MidWest doing low 52's with 800 watts and a pair of 12's, granted it was in a CRX, but thats still a crazy number for only 800 watts. If you can't get extremely loud with less than 10K then your in the wrong sport, seriously.

This would be a new WR if this guy put a couple good amps. hehe.

www.teamsd.net

murilo@soundigital.com.br

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murilo View Post
    You mean Stetsoms??? lol

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

murilo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

www.teamsd.net

murilo@soundigital.com.br

tangelo95 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i understand you can get loud with less but what about a guy who let say does db drag street A and runs a good amount of power and knows how to get loud why should he have to run no wall against people who know how to get loud to and have even more equipment. To me it just seem like if you have a loud db drag setup your just pushing everyone in to no wall and thats not fair either

TEAM PUBLIC DISTURBANCE 2010,2011 TNESPL WCPro2 Champion

loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tangelo95 View Post
    i understand you can get loud with less but what about a guy who let say does db drag street A and runs a good amount of power and knows how to get loud why should he have to run no wall against people who know how to get loud to and have even more equipment. To me it just seem like if you have a loud db drag setup your just pushing everyone in to no wall and thats not fair either
    if your loud in street a db drag you should be at a 155bd in nw and that will take the class no problem well maybe we shell see after the rebuild

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

spltuscon is offline Kick-*** box builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand both sides of this argument about power limits, but I think it comes down to getting and keeping more newcomers. A newcomer can't compete in a Stock class with someone with 10k+ and a big budget. IMO that is DB Drags current problem, even Street A requires a big budget to build and most people don't want to do that.

I don't think a 155 will take NW anymore...but I guess we have to wait to find out.

Dave The Box Guy

154.4 db USACi Stock 601-1800- NH S.R. 2009
    152.4 db legal in WCP1 TNESPL 2010
    150.9 db legal in Stock 1 NESPL 2010
    150.5 Street C Db Drag 2010

2010 Woofer Cooker Pro 1 champ
    2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year

street b explor is offline im not loud

West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just my thought 5k cap. Nw will be louder then 55`s. my guess is this class will be in the low 160s if Jordy has his way down this way. From what I here it wont be the only car out there to get them # but like i said only if they come to any of the shows.

TeamXLA-Tj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must be that beer up there Murilo Whats up with the van is it done yet.

TeamXLA-Tj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murilo View Post
    Ya right x2 on that one. Maybe a 152 in the kick. With 800 watt amp. Heres what i say to this .

We all Know the loudes street Crx`s out there i talk to these guys on a weekly bases and 52`s on the glass with 800 watts its like power from the Gods. Must be that over seas 800.1/ 2K amp right. Steve Think of it this way Mike with a street A/B setup.
    1.9k and two cheep 12s on the glass car off was a 149.8 with a 650sq in Battery in my yugo all at 1.5 ohm rise ya with a lower rise you would get more out of it but when dose an amp stop given all it can and then effichency just starts to drop off. With a good set of 12`s and same power and rise it was a 152.7 on the glass like i sead with a lower rise you will loose more effichency and its possable you might not get no more then 200 - 500 more watts. Im Not saying with 800watts and lots of crazy i mean crazy testing that its not possable. But it takes power to make a desent # any one That has spent long hrs testing and testing will tell you this.

I would have to say 150 with 800 watts is more like it and possable to do a 152 in the kick but if this guy is doing them #`s with 800 watts on the glass. One of Three things are going to happen. 1# they will not get any louder after 3k #2 they are at so low of a box rise that when they add power **** is going to be like toast in a toaster. # its going to be crazy take and make more power with the current box not going to smoke the amps from box rise and do a stupid # and he will be the next World Champ. Competitor Stats: Team Carmania

TeamXLA-Tj

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spltuscon View Post
    I understand both sides of this argument about power limits, but I think it comes down to getting and keeping more newcomers. A newcomer can't compete in a Stock class with someone with 10k+ and a big budget. IMO that is DB Drags current problem, even Street A requires a big budget to build and most people don't want to do that.
    This is true for me, it's just not worth it to compete in Drags Street A where my only shot at getting in the top 10 in North America is to buy a Panda or a CRX and then dump thousands of dollars for equipment so I can win a $50 trophy, then have to buy all new equipment the year after because some company came out with a bigger amp, and do it all over again the year after that. If there was a power limit in the Street classes then it would make it a lot easier for the majority of competitors. It's a lot cheaper to keep the same amp year after year and then spend your money on wood to build new and different boxes for testing then it would be to keep buying new and bigger amps every year.

SICK GV is offline IG0TUFUKER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man there are some really big numbers predicted for N/W this year. Hopefully I can be in the top 3. On another note, I was taking the rear bumper of my car last night and hit the mount with a hammer and lost half the car! It turned into a pile of rust dust. I got a lot of work to do and not sure if it will be done for the 3x event.

Team ACT Audio
    Team Elite NESPL

loudmofo is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

with all this nw talk i think i will be changing my 4 12s in for 4 15s if it doesnt do atleast a 157 db it will ****

TEAM420
    TEAM CACTUS SOUNDS
    TEAM MAXXSONICS
    TEAM XSPOWER
    TEAM DC AUDIO
    SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS"
    SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.
    http://www.alphadamp.com

boom24 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t3audios_160sdbjeep View Post
    with all this nw talk i think i will be changing my 4 12s in for 4 15s if it doesnt do atleast a 157 db it will ****
    do it ...tune it so it peaks below...40hrz

new spl build comeing..found a car that peaks abouve 60 hrz

build log
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-build-logs-%2Anew%2A/462747-boom-24s-rebuild-again-4-15s.html

sold to {:C:} /dacheatham /uglydimple12/ negitive3five/ Beatnoutdaframe
    dm-auto mike/spl blazer/cris team act/
    ( scamers lexani2002(FROSTYZ3, RYAN CHRISITIANSON )
    traded with-f150john

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast