41. This poll is closed
  • are you 100% sure your going

14 34.15%
  • do you think you might go

13 31.71%
  • or your not going

14 34.15%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: 2009 strong island street wheelz show, cedar beach spl

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Re: 2009 strong island street wheelz show, cedar beach spl

Quote Originally Posted by loudaccent View Post
    u have to under stand that haveing usaci or db drag is gonna cost a lot
    of $$$ if not to many ppl show up.. becuase db drag has 12 class and i belive usaci has about the same,, now figure 12 classes ( if there all filled ) times 3
    1st 2nd 3 rd thats 36 throphys,,, now lets say the classes dont fill,, becuase then probly wont,, how how is any one to know how many throphy to bring to the show,,, i mean i cant just bring a surplus amount to the show
    You make a really good point, but on the other hand, with USACi they allow competitors to compete in more than one class so there are a few guys that compete in two or three classes. Either way it's still a lot more money to spend on trophies to have that many classes. If you do a dB Drags then you have to do Bass Race too, thats 12 more trophies there. With USACi it's the head judge that takes care of the trophies, but he still has a lot to buy so the costs go up. From a financial point your better off running a few classes of your choice, as long as you can get all the various systems in your classes without making it an unfair advantage to some.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Most of us have had finals invites. DB Drag is only $100 for a 1X. Name one Drag show in the U.S. that has all classes full this year. Trophies aren't necessary at a 1X. Most of the 1Xs I've been to in the northeast give out certificates. DB Draggers are usually just interested in the points from a 1X.

Have a nice day!
    "Off the sidelines and back in the game"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    Most of us have had finals invites. DB Drag is only $100 for a 1X. Name one Drag show in the U.S. that has all classes full this year. Trophies aren't necessary at a 1X. Most of the 1Xs I've been to in the northeast give out certificates. DB Draggers are usually just interested in the points from a 1X.
    While trophies aren't necessary to some, most new competitors want something more than a piece of paper. All the dB Drags shows I've run here in New England have all had a trophy for at least 1st place if not all classes. It used to **** me off when I'd drive a few hours to a drags show and get a piece of paper, to me that was an insult to competitors. And I'm pretty sure most new competitors feel the same way. The only ones who don't care are the ones with tons of trophies and the ones that go just for points. At the same time, it costs too much $$$ to buy trophies for all the USACi or Drags classes, never mind the fee that has to be paid to run the show. So it's no wonder some people don't buy trophies for Drags and USACi shows.

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

sexyvic1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    yea but then u leave out regular people from coming to the shows who do not come for the points. i know its retarded but i like getting the trophies and i am sure other people do as well ..... but if i was givin a certificate i would never go. thats just ridiculous. u pay all that money to compete and u get a piece of paper ? i think u would lose alot of people. trophies aren't that expensive. definitly cheaper than the entry fee's each person gives.

REFERENCE'S : Viper118 , Brent00F150 , Uptwome2007 , Mechman x's 2 , SHawk , dbeez , Mynameismcgyver , anj46907 , and over 140 on ebay @ 100% positive. (PAYPAL & EBAY verfied and confirmed member )

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sexyvic1 View Post
    trophies aren't that expensive. definitly cheaper than the entry fee's each person gives.
    Good point, but that all depends on the size and quantity ordered. I've bought some trophies in the past that cost me more than the entry fee, a few shows I've spent a lot more on trophies than we took in from all the entries. But yeah, trophies are much better than certificates at any show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'm sorry guys. When you've been competing as long as I have, you get sick of trophies. They start to clutter your house. Two years ago, I threw away aroud 40 trophies.
    Manny said at one time he was up over 300 trophies.

Have a nice day!

loudaccent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

i also have about 30 something awards,, haft being throphys haft being db drag papers,, but i know that 90 % of the ppl going to the show want more then a pieace of paper,, thats why i do the few classes.. now oppose the 3 classes im doing and 1 extream class,, theres been some shows were they had any 1or 2 subs in a class or any 3 or 4 in a class,, and then 5 and up.. now that first class makes it to were you can have 2 10" up against 2 18" at lease im not doing it that way,, its really hard to make every one happy you guys know that, every one has diffrent idears

ROBERT JAGACKI... HAZARDOUS SOUND AUDIO
    88 yugo gvx and a 2002 ford explorer 4 DC audio 12ks
    4 12" DC sound lab lvl 5,, PIONEER HEAD UNIT. 1 nsb 3100 under the hood 4 halker batts under the truck
    156.3 in usaci stock 3001+153.7 in street b db drag
    155.0 in meca s5 all time best 158.2 with all 5 batts
    REFS: 97f-150, flexxissues,,sonic purity x4, uglydimple12
    THE LOW.. OldSchoolAMPS1 slapmaster . blue200sx .
    1mtx1. dacheatham SVT RELAMPAGO THUMPPER
    jonny101abc 2002XLT team psi rollerdj tenbux1970 ca.com team DC SOUND LAB

tech114 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What the classes consist of ?

Kumar
    Infiniti Competition
    Broken Silence C.C.
    Team Big'Un

2009 USACI World Champion Mod 1-2K Watts
    2008 USACI World Champion Mod 1-2K Watts
    2008 USACI World Champion Super Mod Ex
    2007 World Finals Mod 0-1000 162
    USACI Mod 1-2K Manned and unmanned Outlaw WR holder

Streetwheelz is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tech114 View Post
    What's up Al? How is everything?

Yo know I am kool with everyone but I must tell you the RIX dude (Rico) is a REAL JERKOFF. He is a scam artist and a big ripoff. I will not let myself, friends or customers associate with any event he is hosting. None of my peeps are going to the Proline show because of him. It has nothing to do with Proline. I know you can do better that using this **** Rico.
    JL audio paid for him to promote my show thats all they'er doing You 've been with me for years and you are also my friend you have always been positive and i have always listened to you even with the trophies..lol.. I will stop by next week to see you i didnt want to take your time last month when i was there i saw you were busy with pete from Alpine..

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Slapshow classes. Or do Iasca classes. And there is plenty of websites that sell trophies for the down low. I have a web site I have used before good prices..Both of those shows. Have a good amount of classes but not crazy like Dbdrag and Usaci.

sexyvic1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tech114 View Post
    What the classes consist of ?
    last year they went by surface area only, didn't matter if it was modified or not.

REFERENCE'S : Viper118 , Brent00F150 , Uptwome2007 , Mechman x's 2 , SHawk , dbeez , Mynameismcgyver , anj46907 , and over 140 on ebay @ 100% positive. (PAYPAL & EBAY verfied and confirmed member )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

last year they went by surface area only, didn't matter if it was modified or not.
    Slapshow or Iasca includeds Modified classes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Slapshow classes are a great choice, not too many of them but it includes all the normal stock and super stock classes, they also have an Ultimate class in case someone comes out with something thats been modified in front of the "B" pillar. Only thing they don't have is an Amateur or rookie class, but that can be added so the car show type systems can also compete and not get smoked by the really loud ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Now that's freaking crazy.

Have a nice day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPL Blazer View Post
    Slapshow classes are a great choice, not too many of them but it includes all the normal stock and super stock classes, they also have an Ultimate class in case someone comes out with something thats been modified in front of the "B" pillar. Only thing they don't have is an Amateur or rookie class, but that can be added so the car show type systems can also compete and not get smoked by the really loud ones.
    I know around my area the car show guys/girls , Id say atleast 90% of them never compete in the SPL outside of the car shows. Liek they never go to a dbdrag show. So a few times I made a class just for the car show ppl. Added to the slapshow classes. Didnt have any complaints. A few ugggs but nothin to go crazy about. Mostly the car show ppl know they are there just for show and are not worried about winning any SPL records.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

User Tag List