Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Bass Race? For the noobs.....

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bass Race? For the noobs.....

Since I've started promoting Stereo/Bass competitions in the New England area I've received a lot of questions as to what Bass Race is. Most people assume that since it's part of a competition that it means you have to have an expensive 10,000 watt system in order to be competitive, they couldn't be more wrong. Here's a basic outline as to how Bass race works.

With Bass Race there are four classes to compete in. The start with the 120.0-129.9 db class and go up to the 150.159.9 db class. With Bass Race there are two people competing against each other at the same time playing only music. It doesn't matter if it's music from your iPod or a cd you bought online, they just can't be burned cd's. The point is to find your class and stay in it, meaning that if your in the 120.0-129.9 class you want to keep your system as close to 129.9 without going over it. We start off with a qualifying round and have each person play their music as loud as they can to see which decibel class they'd fit into. Let's say you play your music and you see that your playing around 134 db's, this is good, but not good enough for the 130.0-139.9 class. In this case you'd turn your stereo down until your closer to 129 db's. Now later in the day we start the eliminations round where you go against someone else in your class. The meter starts keeping score as soon as the clock starts so you want to be ready, keeping the music on pause is the best option. Once you both start your run you want to keep your music playing as loud as you can, but you have to keep it under 129.9 by turning down the volume a click or two when you get close to going over. During eliminations rounds once you go over your class limits your out. This takes skill and thats where the competition gets fun and challenging. Someone with 500 watts can beat someone with 5,000 if they control their volume right. Unlike SPL comps where the more power the better your chances to win, Bass Race depends on skill not power or number of subs.

I happen to have a single 12" sub with 1500 watts and could compete in the 130.0-139.9 class, a friend of mine has a pair of 10" subs and competes in the 120.0-129.9 class, given this you can see that you don't need a huge system or a ton of power to be competitive.
    Bass Race is the fastest growing competitive format and with the simple rules and basic systems needed it's one of the easiest for everyone to try. I post this in this group because there are a lot of people in car clubs and guys/ladies with show cars can compete in more than just a car show and take home another trophy to add to their collections, or get their first one to start a collection.

For more info you can check us out at New England SPL and for the official rules page it can be found at Bass Race Rules

Hope to see some new faces out here this summer trying something different.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

redrider13 is offline is stealin yur deebeez

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Bass Race? For the noobs.....

i dont think bass race is a new concept on CA.com

Alpine CDA-9883
    Phoenix Gold X600.1
    RE Audio SE12 in 2cuft. @ 32hz
    4x Alpine Type R 5.25" Coax's
    Kicker Wiring

Alcoholism doesn't start until after college.

DB_DRAG_SPL is offline Stupidity is Contagious

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrider13 View Post
    X2

2008 USACi AND DB DRAG RACING WORLD FINALIST
    USACi State Record Holder Modified 1001-2000w
    USACi State Record Holder SB3
    USACi State Points Leader
    DB Drag #1 State Bassrace (139.9)
    DB Drag #1 State & #24 in the USA (Street C)

TEAM SUNDOWN AUDIO

Refs: Stevew007, HOSS, bodybag, Vitveet, Nismofreak, Sporty_Drew, Goodie, Squeak12, Lingerfelt, Dadydolas, 528hz, Lckmyblls, BJFish11, Kmanian, BreakDaLaw, s12mm4000, Tacosys, Team H&K, Ipodlove, liftedcj7on44s, CRXBMPN x2, FASTTIMES, DaGh0st, Korn4Life, Themommyvan, dbman150, TheLow,Tapout,MisterGrubbs,Darkhunter139

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nah, not to everyone. But I've received about 5 pm's from various people on CA asking to know more about it. Not to mention some of the other forums I'm on. I posted the same thing on those too. I figured I'd post this in hopes of getting more people into Bass Race as well as SPL comps.

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

ohdub4 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the info, that actually helped me understand what a Bass race meant. I have a USB port in my head unit, so would I be able to play off of that considering my cd player will skip time to time when playing cd's??

ThomasG is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Huh the judge told me I had to bassrace with the CD he had. It was dbjams V. something.

My Feed-Back Thread

Glass Pipes For Sale

R.I.P Nikki(Sister) I'll love you forever and always

Epilepsy Therapy Project

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redrider13 View Post
    it isnt?????

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Huh the judge told me I had to bassrace with the CD he had. It was dbjams V. something.
    You only have to use the official cd for dB Drags, not for Bass Race. The judge running that show didn't know the rules.

ArrizX is offline Scout 800 owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Helps me because I didnt really know what it was.

Always good to know i suppose, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrxx dude View Post
    my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    DD and AQ had *** and an FI popped out?

Bought From

87grnissan - MTX 7515
    Blados - Rockford Fosgate P400.4
    chaunb3400 - Pioneer DEH-P4900IB
    FASTIMES - 4''x17'' Precision Port

loudcartunez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

u can use burned cds

04 Mazda 6 dropped on speed wheels
    1 soundstream t4-15 ported threw rear deck
    concept 2410d
    o2 4 channel
    jl 4 channel
    three 6" prv audio one 8" prv audio mids and tweeter in each door
    refs
    http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13530
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278829
    http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum.html

DUMPED is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loudcartunez View Post
    u can use burned cds

correct

Refs: pedro123, Turboed331, woodplock7, djvi0lent, CrazyKenKid, DemonaL, MitchZ, 95Prober, fatryan, WildSebring, d_man1, djman37, rlm1014, lslugz, wave100205, jdmferio13, chereck04, nineball, 350Rocket, scdean, Frijoles24, IceCube0306, LS7GTSR, MTX9515, Raid3r89, taylorman, Chin_Chilla, 37wref, braves6117, SPL-Master, haunther, 37wref, 01 S 10, Farmacist, krisfnbz, tyler_fitz, acubsfan, sotelomichael, krazykarl, tymoto21, 18inchjeepin, mike11202, teenapp, TnT_Sounds, ssackett, spiroh, memphisman00, Arnold, 5.3bowtie, th3disturbed1, tylork92, Kern417, jerseyboy, blazron22z, groundpound4200, maddog, annarbor84, bannock

loudcartunez is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DUMPED View Post
    correct
    lol was just lettin him no that cause he said u couldnt

04 Mazda 6 dropped on speed wheels
    1 soundstream t4-15 ported threw rear deck
    concept 2410d
    o2 4 channel
    jl 4 channel
    three 6" prv audio one 8" prv audio mids and tweeter in each door
    refs
    http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=13530
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278829
    http://www.realmofexcursion.com/forum.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I kinda figured that..
    a little help is always appreciated..

Refs: pedro123, Turboed331, woodplock7, djvi0lent, CrazyKenKid, DemonaL, MitchZ, 95Prober, fatryan, WildSebring, d_man1, djman37, rlm1014, lslugz, wave100205, jdmferio13, chereck04, nineball, 350Rocket, scdean, Frijoles24, IceCube0306, LS7GTSR, MTX9515, Raid3r89, taylorman, Chin_Chilla, 37wref, braves6117, SPL-Master, haunther, 37wref, 01 S 10, Farmacist, krisfnbz, tyler_fitz, acubsfan, sotelomichael, krazykarl, tymoto21, 18inchjeepin, mike11202, teenapp, TnT_Sounds, ssackett, spiroh, memphisman00, Arnold, 5.3bowtie, th3disturbed1, tylork92, Kern417, jerseyboy, blazron22z, groundpound4200, maddog, annarbor84, bannock

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loudcartunez View Post
    u can use burned cds
    this might be one of the rules that single point shows let slide, but according to the official Bass Race rules burned cd's are not allowed.

This is the quote directly from the rules:

Music Find a commercially available music CD (no burned CDs, test tones, etc.) that contains a minimum of 30 seconds of bass. Each sound system is different so dont hesitate to experiment to find the song that works best for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey bro here is a link that you probably missed.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/35/769.html

as you can see in POST #1 by Wayne himself they're allowed as of April 21, 2007

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast