Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 129

Reload Thread: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    1 12" MT ported or 1 18" 4HP sealed?????







  2. #77
    bimma85's Avatar
    bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    9,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    While we have two splers in here...can you answer a noob ? for me real quick?

    In db drag...say I have 1 run of 1/0 for power and ground then that go into a distros and 2 4ga power out as well as 2 4ga ground. Would that be 4 conducters or 2?
    I would assume its 2 because I dunno how else I would hook up two amps . Looking to mess around with street A just a bit .
    ^^^
    answer my question, dont worry about king



    REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

    Quote Originally Posted by snb778
    I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.
    Does this happen a lot to any of you??
    Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleNTheTrunk
    damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    ^^^
    answer my question, dont worry about king




  4. #79
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    mt ported. see if you can tune it higher than 30hz, see if you can shorten the port up... use WINisd to get a guesstimate on the length. i would say like 40~45hz or so would be a good starting point.

    i just got back from the shop today. 40 amp charge on the kinetiks overnight and hopefully all day tomrrow should get us goin.

    box is not nearly done. quite temporary tbh - we have LOTS to do. but it makes a number. we prolly wont do that number. but it makes a number ;P




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by req
    mt ported. see if you can tune it higher.

    i just got back from the shop today. 40 amp charge on the kinetiks overnight and hopefully all day tomrrow should get us goin.

    box is not nearly done. quite temporary tbh. but it makes a number. we prolly wont do that number. but it makes a number ;P
    if i get the wood you want to assist me in a build?.ive got to drop off that 18"4HP box to mark anyways...he said he wanted it if i wasnt going to use it.




  6. #81
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    i have **** to do pretty much the rest of the week. got navy **** to do today [thurs], friday i gotta spackle my bedroom (yes i live with my parents until i ship off to the navy) and repaint that sucker, saturday i will be packing all my **** up in my basement (lots of ****) and sunday is the show.

    so marc and i really cant even work on the van and its not even "ready" for sunday at this point in time.

    i thought you said you already HAD a ported box for your MT?




  7. #82
    bimma85's Avatar
    bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    9,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    While we have two splers in here...can you answer a noob ? for me real quick?

    In db drag...say I have 1 run of 1/0 for power and ground then that go into a distros and 2 4ga power out as well as 2 4ga ground. Would that be 4 conducters or 2?
    I would assume its 2 because I dunno how else I would hook up two amps . Looking to mess around with street A just a bit .
    ^^^ no love for bimma, req?



    REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

    Quote Originally Posted by snb778
    I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.
    Does this happen a lot to any of you??
    Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleNTheTrunk
    damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by req
    i have **** to do pretty much the rest of the week. got navy **** to do today [thurs], friday i gotta spackle my bedroom (yes i live with my parents until i ship off to the navy) and repaint that sucker, saturday i will be packing all my **** up in my basement (lots of ****) and sunday is the show.

    so marc and i really cant even work on the van and its not even "ready" for sunday at this point in time.

    i thought you said you already HAD a ported box for your MT?
    i do..but it's not exactly an SPL box....im going to try and get some different plans tonight and see if i can get one built by then.




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    ^^^ no love for bimma, req?




  10. #85
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by bimma85
    Originally Posted by bimma85
    While we have two splers in here...can you answer a noob ? for me real quick?

    In db drag...say I have 1 run of 1/0 for power and ground then that go into a distros and 2 4ga power out as well as 2 4ga ground. Would that be 4 conducters or 2?
    I would assume its 2 because I dunno how else I would hook up two amps . Looking to mess around with street A just a bit .
    its not conductors for the power wire, its conductors for the speaker wire im pretty sure. so you cant be using like 4 amps on a quad 4 sub. but i could be wrong, we dont compete in db drag. im pretty sure its amp -> speaker conductors, not battery -> amp.

    and king, (whats your name anyway? my name is andy)

    all you gotta do is take the port in the box you have for the MT and make it shorter. how many cubes and whats the cross sectional area, ill give you what depth it should be if you give me that info.




  11. #86
    bimma85's Avatar
    bimma85 is offline Can't be ****** ;)



    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    9,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by req
    its not conductors for the power wire, its conductors for the speaker wire im pretty sure. so you cant be using like 4 amps on a quad 4 sub. but i could be wrong, we dont compete in db drag. im pretty sure its amp -> speaker conductors, not battery -> amp.

    and king, (whats your name anyway? my name is andy)

    all you gotta do is take the port in the box you have for the MT and make it shorter. how many cubes and whats the cross sectional area, ill give you what depth it should be if you give me that info.
    Ah IC, pretty much only db drags around here so I don't really have a choice . Thx for your your input at least .
    I went and checked again...This is dbdrags definition...makes me believe you are right.
    " A conductor is a single wire (solid or stranded) that is used to carry electrical current. A traditional speaker wire consists of two conductors (one positive and one negative)."

    Ithink I need to quit reading so late .



    REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

    Quote Originally Posted by snb778
    I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.
    Does this happen a lot to any of you??
    Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleNTheTrunk
    damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    Quote Originally Posted by req
    its not conductors for the power wire, its conductors for the speaker wire im pretty sure. so you cant be using like 4 amps on a quad 4 sub. but i could be wrong, we dont compete in db drag. im pretty sure its amp -> speaker conductors, not battery -> amp.

    and king, (whats your name anyway? my name is andy)

    all you gotta do is take the port in the box you have for the MT and make it shorter. how many cubes and whats the cross sectional area, ill give you what depth it should be if you give me that info.
    I'm Rob....i cant make the port shorter...this is the box i built..







  13. #88
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    do you have the T\S for that MT by chance? i dont know why but its not in my WINisd anymore

    do you think you could unscrew the top and pop out one or two of those boards and make the port larger possibly?




  14. #89
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    lawl. pic of the van tonight. just for you guys, this is MARC - ie - viper118.



    look at the wang bass!!




  15. #90
    Loudrango112's Avatar
    Loudrango112 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: IASCA event April 9th @ Oswego, NY

    I think that im gonna cry. I ****IN HATE NY STATE.

    Did you know that if your incuranse laps that you cant drive you vechial for half a yr?




Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Team DefJ IASCA spl event...NY
    By SPL140.2 in forum Northeast Region
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
  2. 07-30-05 Syracuse, NY. 3X IASCA
    By Loudrango112 in forum Northeast Region
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:17 AM
  3. 7-24-05 SPL ogdensburg, NY (NMV Event)
    By SPL140.2 in forum Northeast Region
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 10:49 PM
  4. 7-10-05 Oswego, NY IASCA SPL EVENT
    By SPL140.2 in forum Northeast Region
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 05:27 PM
  5. Current event dates, Northern NY
    By SPL140.2 in forum Car Audio Competition, Shows and Events
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum