+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Need help installing an amp!

gmarv00 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help installing an amp!

I'm pretty much a total noob with car audio.. so far I've managed to get new components in my doors, but I'm pretty sure I'm biting off more than I can chew with installing an amp.
    I'm in mid-westchester, anyone nearby that can lend a hand? I can give a little incentive too (cash, 6-packs of beer, etc )
    My car's a '12 Mustang btw, for anyone familiar with the wiring

jrdnhsnbrg is online now Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Need help installing an amp!

What kind of amp is it and what is it running? How much power RMS per channel? Where do you want to put it? YouTube is a great resource here, too.

01 Lincoln Continental - Mary

XFL 12" on a VFL150.1, 4.5 cubes net @27Hz
    Powerware 150ah monster, SHCA 1/0 & 8ga
    Pioneer D Series 6.5" and 6x8" on a VFL150.4

References: mylows10, 2000LaDe , VWGolfMKVI, Garcia915, UnderFire, joeybutts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    You HAVE to look.

If after 5 wipes you're still getting mega shit on the paper, it's shower time.

gmarv00 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a PPI P900.4, 145W per channel @ 4 ohms (4-channel amp) powering a set of PPI 356cs up front (planning to bridge the last 2 for a sub later). I don't have a preference where to put it, was originally thinking to put it under the passenger seat. Plus the amp kit I have only has 10' of wire, so I doubt it would reach the trunk.
    I did a good amount of research with Google/YouTube but I can't find a super in-depth guide that goes into detail about where/how to tap into the speakers for my LOC, how to hook everything up behind the dash, and how to mount it under the passenger seat.

jrdnhsnbrg is online now Pimped my grandma's ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmarv00 View Post
    It's a PPI P900.4, 145W per channel @ 4 ohms (4-channel amp) powering a set of PPI 356cs up front (planning to bridge the last 2 for a sub later). I don't have a preference where to put it, was originally thinking to put it under the passenger seat. Plus the amp kit I have only has 10' of wire, so I doubt it would reach the trunk.
    I did a good amount of research with Google/YouTube but I can't find a super in-depth guide that goes into detail about where/how to tap into the speakers for my LOC, how to hook everything up behind the dash, and how to mount it under the passenger seat.
    Ew, LOC... if you're installing a system like this, why not throw a new deck in, too? RCAs are much higher quality sound and your head unit will also make the whole system sound better than the stock head unit. Mounting isn't hard, just use screws and attach it wherever the amp fits and has a little bit of airflow, AKA don't cut out a chunk of the foam in the chair for it to mold into.
    If you're keeping the stock head unit there's only 1 wire you have to attach to, which is the remote wire that tells the amp to turn on. This can be a different color on your vehicle depending, but if you put in a new HU it would be labeled somewhere.

01 Lincoln Continental - Mary

XFL 12" on a VFL150.1, 4.5 cubes net @27Hz
    Powerware 150ah monster, SHCA 1/0 & 8ga
    Pioneer D Series 6.5" and 6x8" on a VFL150.4

References: mylows10, 2000LaDe , VWGolfMKVI, Garcia915, UnderFire, joeybutts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatin' View Post
    You HAVE to look.

If after 5 wipes you're still getting mega shit on the paper, it's shower time.

+ Reply to Thread