+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: new guy...

lewsscroos is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

new guy...

hello all, new member here.. been building my car stereo for a couple years now... started with all junkyard parts, over time it has been slowly turning into a respectable ( i think anyways ) noise maker... alpine type r tweeters in the dash ( bought brand new ), alpine type s 3-way 6x9s in the rear (junkyard, holding up well), pioneer 4-way 6" in rear doors (junkyard, so far so good), memphis 3-way 6" in front doors (junkyard, so far so good), 2- 12" xplod's in a sealed bassworx box (good deal, couldnt pass up) 1 older 12" explod and one kicker comp r 12" in a sealed rockford fosgate box (xplod is junkyard, comp r bought brand new).... tweeters and front doors on a small pioneer amp in glove box, cant remember what model... rear doors and hatch area 6x9's on a jensen power 760 4ch, 2 xplod's on a pyle blue wave bridged (800 watts, i think), and the other xplod and my comp r are on a kicker zx750.1... both large amps are on 4 gauge power wire, with 1 gauge grounds( junkyard wire from charger/magnum/300), both smaller amps are ran with 8 gauge power and grounds... all rcas are kicker, tsunami, and monsters, all junkyard except the 3' kicker that runs between my two large amps... all power and grounds are from junkyard also... i worked in a junkyard for 3 1/2 years, lol, so i collected quite a bit of stereo stuff... gonna be putting some 2-way 3" jl audios with memphis passive x-overs in rear doors soon ... ive got a voodoo 10 farad cap awaiting a day off for the install... ill be running a 1 gauge power to it from the bat. and removing the two 4's and one 8 that run to the rear area then...still need the distribution block for that plan...

ive gone thru countless door speakers, but with all the excess speakers i have , i dont mind killing them , ive rattled apart a rockford fosgate old school xcard style amp, other than that, its been a pretty decent set up... kinda ghetto i guess, but it gets the point across... and its been relatively cheap compared to other ppls professional installs that ive blown away... lol
    not sure if this is the intro yall were looking for, but there it is...

tl;dr hello, im zach... i like car stereos...

CSCStang is online now STAY TUNED...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: new guy...

Quote Originally Posted by lewsscroos View Post
    hello all, new member here.. been building my car stereo for a couple years now... started with all junkyard parts, over time it has been slowly turning into a respectable ( i think anyways ) noise maker... alpine type r tweeters in the dash ( bought brand new ), alpine type s 3-way 6x9s in the rear (junkyard, holding up well), pioneer 4-way 6" in rear doors (junkyard, so far so good), memphis 3-way 6" in front doors (junkyard, so far so good), 2- 12" xplod's in a sealed bassworx box (good deal, couldnt pass up) 1 older 12" explod and one kicker comp r 12" in a sealed rockford fosgate box (xplod is junkyard, comp r bought brand new).... tweeters and front doors on a small pioneer amp in glove box, cant remember what model... rear doors and hatch area 6x9's on a jensen power 760 4ch, 2 xplod's on a pyle blue wave bridged (800 watts, i think), and the other xplod and my comp r are on a kicker zx750.1... both large amps are on 4 gauge power wire, with 1 gauge grounds( junkyard wire from charger/magnum/300), both smaller amps are ran with 8 gauge power and grounds... all rcas are kicker, tsunami, and monsters, all junkyard except the 3' kicker that runs between my two large amps... all power and grounds are from junkyard also... i worked in a junkyard for 3 1/2 years, lol, so i collected quite a bit of stereo stuff... gonna be putting some 2-way 3" jl audios with memphis passive x-overs in rear doors soon ... ive got a voodoo 10 farad cap awaiting a day off for the install... ill be running a 1 gauge power to it from the bat. and removing the two 4's and one 8 that run to the rear area then...still need the distribution block for that plan...

ive gone thru countless door speakers, but with all the excess speakers i have , i dont mind killing them , ive rattled apart a rockford fosgate old school xcard style amp, other than that, its been a pretty decent set up... kinda ghetto i guess, but it gets the point across... and its been relatively cheap compared to other ppls professional installs that ive blown away... lol
    not sure if this is the intro yall were looking for, but there it is...

tl;dr hello, im zach... i like car stereos...
    Welcome. Don't use the cap man. They don't help. Browse the forum and read. Sounds like you're into clipping and trashing equipment. When you're ready to get out of the junkyard and into better gear, start a new thread.

AVH3600BHS
    Front: PPS 4-6/Kappa 682.9cf
    PPI 900.4
    Sub:2 HDS210d4 2.5cuft net@35hz. (Designed by skdooley/Built by me)
    BRX2000@1 ohm
    big 3: 2/0 weld wire
    Knu ofc 1/0 runs

Bought from: tat2bass, xxxbasshead
    Sold to: lovecat48519

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

serious? this is one of those forums? bash someone in the intro? the junkyard is quite the treasure chest when you dont have loads of money to throw away... auction cars ALWAYS have goodies, im not talking upullit yards... im talking about seeing 5k paid for totaled aspens and similar... and what part of the post indicates i like clipping? trashing equipment maybe, putting too much power to free replaceable speakers, sure.... im no master electrician, i dont own an oscilloscope, but i adjust it to ear to the best of my knowledge, i dont have the time or money to go to shops like most people... sorry if i didnt meet your standards... i came here for tech advice mostly, not sure if i wanna hang around now.. ill give it another chance, in case i misinterpreted your reply.. but im guessing ill be moving on and excusing myself with replies like this... sorry for wasting your time...

cjm86 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very defensive. Calm down

Head Unit/Speakers: Cheap Pioneer package from Walmart
    Subwoofers: 2 SoundQubed HDS210s in custom 2.2 cuft box tuned to 33 hertz (I know a little small for them, had to save space.)
    Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics BRZ1700. Wired to 2 ohm (1200 watts.)
    Electrical: Stock

5. Likes jeffdachef liked this post
    NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

What pro installs have you blown away?

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoLoud4U View Post
    What pro installs have you blown away?
    that was mostly meant for the kids who had best buy installs and similar, never got into their trunks and inspected their equipment... just riding thru late night car meets and stop when you hear someone beating... quick little sound offs, ya know little street things, red light sound off with rich boys in their audis and bmws daddy paid for... or ghetto hoodrats hanging around downtown orlando clubs on their 26" wheels with custom fiberglass boxes, maybe yall just hang at professional meets and shows? idk...... point was my modest little system is kinda banging for a CHEAP homemade first attempt at a thrown together system... again, sorry i cant spend thousands like some people and have 100k watts with 500 batteries in the back and 50 alternators running all matched top dollar equipment...

NoLoud4U is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

that was mostly meant for the kids who had best buy installs and similar, never got into their trunks and inspected their equipment... just riding thru late night car meets and stop when you hear someone beating... quick little sound offs, ya know little street things, red light sound off with rich boys in their audis and bmws daddy paid for... or ghetto hoodrats hanging around downtown orlando clubs on their 26" wheels with custom fiberglass boxes, maybe yall just hang at professional meets and shows? idk...... point was my modest little system is kinda banging for a CHEAP homemade first attempt at a thrown together system... again, sorry i cant spend thousands like some people and have 100k watts with 500 batteries in the back and 50 alternators running all matched top dollar equipment...
    That's what I figured you meant. We don't consider that a pro install. Best buy is trash and the all show no go is well... I'm pretty sure those rich kids don't care if your bangin, they probably laugh at you

2014 Ford Fusion
    All stock everything.

Fi-brations is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Your equipment is shit, but I think it's cool you were able to put together a working system for basically free.

You also have 3 different types of subs which is a big no-no, at least they're all the same size, but your subs should be completely identical or else you have cancellation and phasing issues.

04' Maxima Build
    Coming Soon

Xtant 4180c, 2100b For Sale
    Alpine MRV-1507 For Sale
    Business with: davidtemple(x2), infamous_e46, Bettrn'Reverse, splaudio, TaylorFade, Tallc, Louisiana_Crx, RidnClean, b.mena, Mike Burke, Gameovercca, Ram_Designs, Double 07

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I still dont see how cscstang was bashing you. He was just offering constructive criticism because even junkyard equipment should last long if you tune it right. That is unless you just go out on a limb and have fun blowing stuff you dont need on purpose for giggles. Towards the end he was just offering to let you know whats the best bang for buck on the market right now should you ever want to spend some money. You gotta to lighten up and take a chill pill, most of us are broke average joes trying to bang on a budget just like you man.

Also he's right about the cap, they dont work and do more harm then help a lot of times. Only caps that work are ultracapacitors and those cost a lot. Better off ripping off a good battery from the junkyard and add to your system it'll help your voltages much more.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

11. Thanks CSCStang thanked for this post
    CSCStang is online now STAY TUNED...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

serious? this is one of those forums? bash someone in the intro? the junkyard is quite the treasure chest when you dont have loads of money to throw away... auction cars ALWAYS have goodies, im not talking upullit yards... im talking about seeing 5k paid for totaled aspens and similar... and what part of the post indicates i like clipping? trashing equipment maybe, putting too much power to free replaceable speakers, sure.... im no master electrician, i dont own an oscilloscope, but i adjust it to ear to the best of my knowledge, i dont have the time or money to go to shops like most people... sorry if i didnt meet your standards... i came here for tech advice mostly, not sure if i wanna hang around now.. ill give it another chance, in case i misinterpreted your reply.. but im guessing ill be moving on and excusing myself with replies like this... sorry for wasting your time...
    Wasn't bashing at all man. Thought you were serious about getting into installs the correct way. A capacitor is garbage. The fact that you tune by ear and blow speakers=clipping. You didn't have to say it. I don't own an oscope either and I've never blown anything. I don't have top dollar gear. What I meant was read around the forum and learn how to tune your shyte right. There's a lot that you can learn.........

AVH3600BHS
    Front: PPS 4-6/Kappa 682.9cf
    PPI 900.4
    Sub:2 HDS210d4 2.5cuft net@35hz. (Designed by skdooley/Built by me)
    BRX2000@1 ohm
    big 3: 2/0 weld wire
    Knu ofc 1/0 runs

Bought from: tat2bass, xxxbasshead
    Sold to: lovecat48519

+ Reply to Thread