User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Reload Thread: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by stephgirl View Post
    So being that my substations only handle 100rms a tube, a amp with a rms power of 250 - 300 rms will not blow them up ? What you just turn down the gain on the amp and it will not blow the speakers?

Remember i listed my current system. it is farly loud in the truck and remember it is a toyo taco x-cab and it dose not have that much area to put sound It is small cab to fill with music. As i said im 45 now and want to keep my hearing into my older years. I have noticed that some times after listening a wile at loud volume my ears are not feeling good. So that is why I want more quality and not just power and loud.
    Well I do understand. I'm 50 myself. And I have a z71 extra truck So my question to you is , is there one or two of these tubes back there ? If 2 of them then each takes 100 rms each. That's good so I need to know impedance of the tube or tubes are they s4 or d4 this will help to determine what amp is needed and yes the gain is for line match the signal from the deck to the amp. And can be adjusted back for less power. But not really up for more power , unless you want a clipped signal

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

stephgirl is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Boston Acoustic has a GTA 504 4 ch 50w if i bridge it into 2 the specs show 160rms 2ch will that work The GTA 504 is $99

or i can get a second GTA 704 and just bridge that into 2 ch and the specs show 250rms into 2 ch will that work?

oh man this is crazy but I can get a good deal direct from BA if I act fast.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Well I do understand. I'm 50 myself. And I have a z71 extra truck So my question to you is , is there one or two of these tubes back there ? If 2 of them then each takes 100 rms each. That's good so I need to know impedance of the tube or tubes are they s4 or d4 this will help to determine what amp is needed and yes the gain is for line match the signal from the deck to the amp. And can be adjusted back for less power. But not really up for more power , unless you want a clipped signal
    I have 2 in the truck of the Kicker 6 1/2 substations and each speaker is rated at 100 rms

Impedance oh I don't know I know they where 4 ohm speakers tubes but what does that small s & d you put in front of your 4

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 in the truck of the Kicker 6 1/2 substations and each speaker is rated at 100 rms

Impedance oh I don't know I know they where 4 ohm speakers tubes but what does that small s & d you put in front of your 4

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is an link to a owner manual for the kicker KS 60 KICKER KS60 OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephgirl View Post

Ok so 2 sub station 4 ohm each. So you need a mono block amp that does 300 rms at 2 ohms or more That would be ideal. That way you can put 100 rms to each without clipping or pushing the amp hard also I looked up your truck for speaker size. They are. 6x8 all Round. But with adapters you can do 5 1/4 all around 6.5 can be done but you'll need to cut the sheet metal in the doors I would do just the front doors components and 2 ways/ coaxes in the rear turn the rears down on the amp so that they don't drown the fronts out. Now if you come to the lake perris show I can bring some equipment for you to look at if you like. But that's up to you. Also you might consider changing the power and ground wires if they are as old as you say along with the rcas

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so 2 sub station 4 ohm each. So you need a mono block amp that does 300 rms at 2 ohms or more That would be ideal. That way you can put 100 rms to each without clipping or pushing the amp hard also I looked up your truck for speaker size. They are. 6x8 all Round. But with adapters you can do 5 1/4 all around 6.5 can be done but you'll need to cut the sheet metal in the doors I would do just the front doors components and 2 ways/ coaxes in the rear turn the rears down on the amp so that they don't drown the fronts out. Now if you come to the lake perris show I can bring some equipment for you to look at if you like. But that's up to you. Also you might consider changing the power and ground wires if they are as old as you say along with the rcas
    No I do not have 6x8 all around. I have the truck that had the tweeter and mid openings in the door panel. That was stock. it must of been a upgrade stock sound system . I do have the I believe is the 6x8 in rear x-cab area side panels. What I have currently is the components from Blauplunk 2 way with crossover in front door in stock location and the coaxal 6x8 i believe is correct in rear locations. I don't remember but I believe they are 6 1/2 size components in front door now

And why mono and not stereo on the subs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you hold a few seconds I will go outside and pull one door panel off quick and measure that speaker and get to bottom of this.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok I just checked and as I thought. They are 6 1/2 component speakers in factory spot. There the 6 1/2 at bottom of door and the tweeter opening at top of panel . Both spots are factor openings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cool. The reason for thd mono block amp is that it's a sub amp. Not for speakers also a class ab amp used for subs can be harder on your trucks electrical

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cool. The reason for thd mono block amp is that it's a sub amp. Not for speakers also a class ab amp used for subs can be harder on your trucks electrical
    Ok i hear you. I just looked on Bostons web site and they don't have anything affordable in that mono amp. They have like 3 sections main, then under shop tab buy direct they have outlet, and then refurb section. check it out see link. I found the GTA 704 under refurb section. What about my idea of buying 2 704 and bridge one for the amps is stereo mode 250 x 2 I see there good amps and for that price I just can't beat it. They also have the GTA 502 and if bridged mono it say 260 x1

Boston Acoustics US

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and under outlet they have the GTA 802 $100

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is the 2 channel amps won't work for both of the sub stations at 2 ohms

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is the 2 channel amps won't work for both of the sub stations at 2 ohms
    I need to power the subs with a 2 ohm load. But will the GTA 704 still be ok to use to my other speakers. I just don't want to pass up this deal if the GTA 704 would be a good choice. if it is a good choice then I will order it today. And then maybe worry about the sub amp this week

Ok if you have a second can you use that link I gave you to Boston and look at the outlet or refurb or main to see if there is a decent priced amp I cam use I will then purchase both But i want to know if the GTA 704 can I get that not to pass up deal. I already have it in my shopping cart on webs site i just need to check out. Or maybe there is a Boston amp at good price on E-bay I can purchase that would do what you say Please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok give me a sec

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast