+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Reload Thread: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Re: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by stephgirl View Post
    Tesla ok that's better. I like the 80's & 90's rock hair bands. But I do like all kinds of music, what ever i'm in the mood for. From Heavy metal to easy listening to Rap to old school and classic rock to pop. That is why I would like to have this new system be able to sound pretty good with all kinds of music.

Ok everyone I posted my amp Idea about the Zapco need feed back
    I haven't used any of the new zapco amps. But the headquarters is about an hour from me. I have a distributor for them to. But all my customers that have used the new lines didn't like them As for mr. I'm kind of the same way. I listen to anything from too short to digital underground and faster pussycat to give finger death punch. Just depends on my mood as well

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    673 Post(s)

Amazing how a female come on here and all the dudes reply.....horn dogs...

3. Thanks Slo_Ride thanked for this post
    stephgirl is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    Amazing how a female come on here and all the dudes reply.....horn dogs...
    Is there a problem here? Whey don't you contribute to the post and add you comments. I would love to get you comments on my question. What do you think.
    You must not of read all the posts because you would see that I posted here for quality help and comments. And I said that i appreciate all the help I could get.
    So lets not get off topic ok .

I'm still waiting for some advise and comments on my last few postings.

pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    673 Post(s)

Is there a problem here? Whey don't you contribute to the post and add you comments. I would love to get you comments on my question. What do you think.
    You must not of read all the posts because you would see that I posted here for quality help and comments. And I said that i appreciate all the help I could get.
    So lets not get off topic ok .

I'm still waiting for some advise and comments on my last few postings.
    Well after 4 paragraphs of blah... blah... blah....What is your exact question.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    Well after 4 paragraphs of blah... blah... blah....What is your exact question.
    Ok then what brands would you recommend i look at?

Garcia915 is offline Premium Member Garcia915 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

For amps ppi p900.4 for mids and highs and ppi p600.2 for your kicker tubes should be plenty. Sonic electronix has the best prices on them. They do clean rated power at a decent price.

Sony h/u
    Front stage-CDT CL Comps
    Ppi p.600.2
    Knu ofc 4g
    Sub stage-Single 15" Crossfire XSV2 in 4.25 cu box tuned to 31hz
    AB Vfl 120.1
    Knu ofc 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Yes I have looked at PPI. I was recommended also the Black ice series. I have that on my list

Also what about Powerbass amps

Garcia915 is offline Premium Member Garcia915 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Power bass are decent also. I prefer the ppi phantom series because of their smaller footprint, they won't take up much space in your p/u. The black ice are a lot bigger, but don't let the phantoms size fool you they put out some good power. I'd also skip on the rear fills and invest that money on a quality 6.5 component system. I believe tacomas have 6x8 openings an adapter can be put on to accommodate a 6.5 speaker. You could get away with using only 1 ppi p900.4 or 2 p600.2 if you run your components passive on one amp and bridge the other for the kicker tubes

Sony h/u
    Front stage-CDT CL Comps
    Ppi p.600.2
    Knu ofc 4g
    Sub stage-Single 15" Crossfire XSV2 in 4.25 cu box tuned to 31hz
    AB Vfl 120.1
    Knu ofc 1/0

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Hello everyone. OK I found a Boston Acoustic GTA-704 4ch 70wch refurbish for $89 should I pick it up? I was told Boston Acoustics were good amp and sound real good for a front stage components set of speakers. That would be good for front and back speakers.

I can also get a Boston Acoustics GTA-802 80w 2 ch refurbish for $80 That would work good for my Kicker 6 1/2 substation tubes. My tubes have a 100w rms per tube so I don't want to give them to much power and blow them up. Like I said, i'm looking more for quality of sound as per power and loud SPL. If i blow then up I can't go buy a new set because they don't make them anymore for many years now.

So what do you all think of that? I think I have a very short window to buy these 2 amps so please let me know if should go for it. like one of the other comments here was, Not to have regrets that you could of got a better product for your money. That is why I'm asking.

Let me know ASAP if these are a great deal and good amp and i would not regret buying something else, Neo, Jeff, Mylows come on guys reply back I think I have a short window on this deal

mylows10 is online now Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Both are great amps Steph. But ask yourself will they be enough power for what you want. Notably the sub stage should be at least twice the power as the inside speakers to balance right. So with that being said not sure you'll like the outcome but then again it's your truck and really up to your listening pleasures

ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Both are great amps Steph. But ask yourself will they be enough power for what you want. Notably the sub stage should be at least twice the power as the inside speakers to balance right. So with that being said not sure you'll like the outcome but then again it's your truck and really up to your listening pleasures
    Cool Mylow for reply back

Ok explain more what you mean. My substation handle 100w rms so would that 80w amp work? that is rms power and it can always pump out more on peak correct. like i said I don't want to blow them because you cant but new ones. So do you think i should drop down to a maybe 50w 4 ch amp for the other speakers and that would be better

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

see I went back last night and read some of the old comments from you and Neo and others and to see if i missed something, I guess I missed the comment on Boston Acoustics being a good amp so I researched this morning and found BA web site and they have them for sale direct refurb at that cost

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5060 Post(s)

Cool Mylow for reply back

Ok explain more what you mean. My substation handle 100w rms so would that 80w amp work? that is rms power and it can always pump out more on peak correct. like i said I don't want to blow them because you cant but new ones. So do you think i should drop down to a maybe 50w 4 ch amp for the other speakers and that would be better
    The amps can be turned down on the gains on the 4 channel It will be fine. But the sub amp since each will take 100 rms. I'd go with an amp that does 250-300 rms. so that you don't need to run the sub amp so hard for power. 99% of sub damage is caused by clipping not overpowering the sub The main thing is to get a clean signal from the amps period

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    The amps can be turned down on the gains on the 4 channel It will be fine. But the sub amp since each will take 100 rms. I'd go with an amp that does 250-300 rms. so that you don't need to run the sub amp so hard for power. 99% of sub damage is caused by clipping not overpowering the sub The main thing is to get a clean signal from the amps period
    So being that my substations only handle 100rms a tube, a amp with a rms power of 250 - 300 rms will not blow them up ? What you just turn down the gain on the amp and it will not blow the speakers?

Remember i listed my current system. it is farly loud in the truck and remember it is a toyo taco x-cab and it dose not have that much area to put sound It is small cab to fill with music. As i said im 45 now and want to keep my hearing into my older years. I have noticed that some times after listening a wile at loud volume my ears are not feeling good. So that is why I want more quality and not just power and loud.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

I gues I was alway at the understanding that if a speaker say handles a 100w rms you don't want to give them more then what they are rated at. So you would get a 100rms ch amp. If you were to give more power then there rated at like 200w they would or could blow up because they are not rated for 200w

Am I wrong? Sound as if I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast