+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Reload Thread: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

vibe is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    313 Post(s)

Re: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by stephgirl View Post
    I need to know about Sounstrem. I see a lot on internet for sale and decent prices. What is good in that line and what is bad

Help AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh
    i agree with the above statement. my buisness partner has a set of cdt 3 ways on a helix 4 channel and WOW does it sound awesome. im going to be purchasing some tantric hd components for myself. bang for the buck wise that will be my choice and i have done alot of research. but alot of these lines are so comparable its all about personal preference. just dont get caught up buying a company because the name of it is popular and than you get them and realize you could have gotten something so much better for your money. and the only thing i have seen about soundstream is alot of people that i have known or seen have purchased product of theres and than a few months later put it up for sale. i dont know why and i dont know what thats all about that is just what i have personally witnessed

stephgirl is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by treesive View Post
    If buying new I would look at JBL, PPI, Alpine, and Phoenix gold for amps although PG is probably out of a budget price range. For headunit, Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, etc really depends on what you are looking for. For subs I would look at jbl, lanzar opti, tc epic, ssa dcon, alpine type r, with many many more all depending on budget and wants sound wise. For speakers I would look at jbl, alpine, etc but these are very listener specific such as I hate harsh tweeters so I never liked infinity but their speakers are nice to many people.

Used you can get some better products all over the board but you take the chance on issues or abuse. There are many good sellers on the forums you just have to pick and choose and lay down a baseline of what you really like from a listening standpoint to start separating brands.
    Thanks for the info but, did you read the postings. I don't need a head unit I'm only looking at new speakers and amps to replace. I also don't need bass. Need a 4ch clean amp for componets in front and full range in back then 2ch for bass . looking for clean sounding speaker brand. Read my past posts it will say what I'm after

Thanks but i really do appreciate all info

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

help Tell me about Zapco St-4X someone has a bid going for only $100 and its new. Only have 2 days.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

MB Quart still make nice stuff or are they crap too. I remember they use to have very nice sounding speakers. Not sure about there amps

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    640 Post(s)

Thanks. First thanks to all so fare that have commented and help.. All this Audio stuff is bringing back memories. I almost forgot a story to share. Now about this comment on my Kicker substation.

My old-er Toyota truck Tacoma x-cab I had was a 1999 and I had a system that had a pair of the original 6 1/2 Substations. Well in 2004 I was involved in a 6 car crash on fwy and stupid person who caused it fled the scene of it. I'll share more of the crash maybe later but, my truck got totaled by my Ins company and it had to be towed off fwy. The tow truck company towed it to there yard and few hours later after all the police interviews and all I finally had a friend take me down to tow yard to get my stuff out. Low and behold my 2 substations were gone. I asked and everyone played dumb and I could not prove anything so I got screwed twice. Accident, now substations gone. So I had to buy a new truck and got a new 2004 that I am still driving now. So when I was designing my system for the truck I was looking for a new pair of the awesome Kicker Substations. Found out no one had them because they had been discontinued over 1 yr before. OH NO So as the girl I am and very resourceful, I looked and looked and then though, maybe Kicker still has a few left over and maybe seating in back of warehouse collecting dust and no one even thinking about them. So I called them and just asked the lady on customer service line if they had any. She said no and that they have been discontinued for over a year. Well can you still check? I'm sorry but they are discontinued. Back and forth. I was nice but firm and then the lady said ok ok. give me your number and I will call the warehouse guys across street to check if any are hiding. Yes you guest it. I got a call next day that they found 6 of them hiding in back of warehouse. I said I will take 2 of them please. Oh and the lady gave me a discounted price. Then a few yrs later I was looking on E-Bay and saw someone was selling a pair on there so I bought them knowing they were hard to find. I just raped them up and stored them in garage till I need them.

Morel to this story is to never give up
    I spoke to you in length the order day via our SSA Support chat. We discussed a few different options including ZED Audio.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

keep_hope_alive is offline Acoustics Engineer keep_hope_alive is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1170 Post(s)

help Tell me about Zapco St-4X someone has a bid going for only $100 and its new. Only have 2 days.
    Zapco still has some awesome products but they are >$500. I'd love me some high end Zapco. The entry level Zapco is probably the best choice you've had so far.

The entry line at that price will be badged Asian for most brands. Zapco says their ST-X line uses the same op amps and caps as higher lines... but those are relatively cheap anyway - maybe a dollar vs. $.25. Still nice to have

Your hope is for "trickle-down" quality. That doesn't happen in your price range. They are using the cheapest of everything to hit that price point. I want your expectations to be realistic. At $500 you can get some trickle-down from $1000 products.

have you been helped by me? i'd love to know. shoot me a PM.

My 2014 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/608637-2014-accord-sport-sq-build-keep_hope_alive.html
    ***My YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYUo2EShW9lgtrfXiDvLNQ/videos
    *My 2001 Accord build log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/536049-2001-accord-ex-sedan-its-long.html
    *2005 Scion tC Build Log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Is this Adam. Hi how are you. Yes we did. I appreciate your help. I know Zed is good stuff but I just can afford that. Did you read my post and do you have any comments or suggestions?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vibe View Post
    i agree with the above statement. my buisness partner has a set of cdt 3 ways on a helix 4 channel and WOW does it sound awesome. im going to be purchasing some tantric hd components for myself. bang for the buck wise that will be my choice and i have done alot of research. but alot of these lines are so comparable its all about personal preference. just dont get caught up buying a company because the name of it is popular and than you get them and realize you could have gotten something so much better for your money. and the only thing i have seen about soundstream is alot of people that i have known or seen have purchased product of theres and than a few months later put it up for sale. i dont know why and i dont know what thats all about that is just what i have personally witnessed
    Hello Vibe thanks for the info on SoundStream.

This is what my main problem is. Like you said "don't get caught up buying a company because the name of it is popular and than you get them and realize you could have gotten something so much better for your money" That is my worst fear that scares me. Like I said in other post is that I remember the old days and in last many many years things have changed. Some of the classic brands I remember are no longer good. I am totally confused. I feel it was more cut and dry back in the day. You really had distinct categories, high end good stuff , medium ok stuff, and down right junk. Today the equipment that was good is no longer. And what is good you don't know.

This is why I signed up here for help and the get info from audio people that work in business and go to car shows and see first had. I have been reading all the comments on my post and researching the brands. Yes I do read ALL your posts and research all the recommendation

One of my ideas I had was. I thought that Alpine was a good brand and some on this post said that there ok not bad. So I have my 2 Alpine head units in the truck now and maybe I could just match everything up and just go with all Alpine, I have thought of that. They have some decent prices on speakers and amps. The only thing I am keeping is the Bass Kicker Substations, they still work well and they don't take up much room. What does everyone think of that ?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

My idea of going with all Alpine. On that list of Bad, Questionable, Good, Highest Quality, I see Alpine was in the good category. I have been looking at that list and reaching the brands. I think that is were i am at. Good quality at a reasonable price.

Does everyone agree?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Stupid me You know I forgot what size speakers I have Dose any one know of hand. 04 Tacoma X-Cab. In front doors I have the version with factory door panels that had the set up for mid and tweeter openings and what about the rear, I though they were like 6x8 or maybe 4x6 i don't remember

basswiigee is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1080 Post(s)

holy hell theres alotta reading in this thread!!!!

H.U. - Pioneer P7200HD
    Fronts - Pioneer premier TS-C720PRS
    Rear - Pioneer TS-D6902R
    Amp - kx2500.1
    Sub - AQ HDC4 12
    just a lil' slam for now.... tuned to 33hz!!!!!

complete budget system under 400.00... (kenwoods)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyFmWXI94U&list=LLCQ1MqkfSOcRep6vDFWsWxg

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

ok ok every one. I think i found what I want. Zapco amps Comments please For my setup. I can us the ST-4X for the componet speakers in front and the 6x8 in rear panel Then I can use the ST-2X for the 2 kicker 6 1/2 substations. I was reading Zapco web site and he has a section where he explains all the tech stuff including how Zapco amps differ from many others and how they rate the RMS power. And also how Zapco amps can put out more then the RMS. They are in the High quality list
    Also I looked on line and found tha Zapco amps to be affordable.

Then all I have left to do is find some quality sounding speakers Front components and then a pair of full rage in back for fill in. Speaker have to be the same brand all around I want them to match and sound good

Feed back please

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basswiigee View Post
    holy hell theres alotta reading in this thread!!!!
    Hey is that you doing that crazy dancing? Also checked out that link you had on the $400 system on Youtube. Boy was I laughing. I was laughing at that comment that said "over 3 minutes of different trunk angles! boring" Oh that made me crack up laughing. And some on this post want me to visit the shows next weekend, And listen to that all day.

mylows10 is offline Dc,tantric,singer,phd rep mylows10 is a Supporting Member of the forum!

mylows10 is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5144 Post(s)

Hey is that you doing that crazy dancing? Also checked out that link you had on the $400 system on Youtube. Boy was I laughing. I was laughing at that comment that said "over 3 minutes of different trunk angles! boring" Oh that made me crack up laughing. And some on this post want me to visit the shows next weekend, And listen to that all day.
    Not all of us at the show listens to the rap. Heavy bass songs. Actually in my system the best demo song for me that really shows how good my system sounds in easy come easy go by tesla You should show up on Sunday I'll give you a demo of this song. You'll love it Anyway check this out for your speaker sizes Car Selector

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 03 Mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    Not all of us at the show listens to the rap. Heavy bass songs. Actually in my system the best demo song for me that really shows how good my system sounds in easy come easy go by tesla You should show up on Sunday I'll give you a demo of this song. You'll love it Anyway check this out for your speaker sizes Car Selector
    Tesla ok that's better. I like the 80's & 90's rock hair bands. But I do like all kinds of music, what ever i'm in the mood for. From Heavy metal to easy listening to Rap to old school and classic rock to pop. That is why I would like to have this new system be able to sound pretty good with all kinds of music.

Ok everyone I posted my amp Idea about the Zapco need feed back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast