User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Reload Thread: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

stephgirl is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hello from an old school car audio girl looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy31 View Post
    Its amazing how helpful everyone is and the way the thread fills up with knowledge when a female(no offense OP) posts on this forum. But let a new GUY post here for help and gets the """USE THE SEARCH BUTTON""" the entire thread from everyone........ thats funny
    Oh and to set the record strait, I did spend about hole day reading many of the posts on this forum and others and chose to post on this one. Still after reading and being out of the know for many years, I was still confused on what was still a good brand and what was not and what had changed. So I posted my question.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you know I have received some very appreciated help and I got my questions and help answered. I feel I have made a good purchase and I am now done

So I say thank you to all on here that helped me. I will still be around and may have questions in the future so for now, I say this tread/post is now over OK

P.S MYlow10 thanks and I will keep in touch ok, I may have some more questions for you.

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephgirl View Post
    So you know I have received some very appreciated help and I got my questions and help answered. I feel I have made a good purchase and I am now done

So I say thank you to all on here that helped me. I will still be around and may have questions in the future so for now, I say this tread/post is now over OK

P.S MYlow10 thanks and I will keep in touch ok, I may have some more questions for you.
    Now you must post build log with some pictures when you install.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Now you must post build log with some pictures when you install.
    What!! I have to do that Oh man. It's not like a $5,000 custom install. It is nothing fancy. But I will see what I can do. Pictures of an amp and speakers oh and wire, boy never saw those before Oh think your funny hu Steph BOOYA

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now back to shopping and looking for pink color wire

bgowdy31 is online now I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said I apologize for what I did. I'm sorry. I just asked for help and did not expect to get special treatment. I'm not like most of the women today that say all this bull about how women are same as men and women rights and i can do it better then men and all that stuff, you guys know what I'm talking about. I still recognize men for men and who they are. I'm sort of old school as you would say. I treat men with respect and I deserve respect as a women back. But I did not ask for special treatment on my post. But I did get help and I appreciate all of it Thank you.
    Oh theres no need for you to apologize, i wasnt aiming this at you in anyway, and if it appeared that way it is me who should be apologizing to you, so I'm Sorry . I try to help anyone with anything that i can and have knowledge on. i was just making statement for the usual people on here. theres nothing wrong with asking for help. Everyone has been there, and most people act as if they were born a car audio genius.

MY 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
    1 DC AUDIO XL-18 DUAL 1 ~ 5 CUBES NET(I THINK LOL) ~ TUNED - NO IDEA LOL (<-TEMP BOX)
    SHARK 2500 @ 2 OHM(.5 LATER ) ~ STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET DIVISION 3RD OVERALL~
    ~2011 FCBC 450 STREET DIVISION CHAMPION~
    ~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~
    *BEST SCORE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL*

R.I.P. TO MY WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and to set the record strait, I did spend about hole day reading many of the posts on this forum and others and chose to post on this one. Still after reading and being out of the know for many years, I was still confused on what was still a good brand and what was not and what had changed. So I posted my question.
    And gain i am sorry i wasnt aiming that at you in anyway.

MY 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
    1 DC AUDIO XL-18 DUAL 1 ~ 5 CUBES NET(I THINK LOL) ~ TUNED - NO IDEA LOL (<-TEMP BOX)
    SHARK 2500 @ 2 OHM(.5 LATER ) ~ STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

*BEST SCORE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL*

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylows10 View Post
    You know what gowdy. That is very true. But it also seems like all the girls have been chased off to. There was like 3 females here at one time. But all are gone but it's nice to see that some girls have an interest in car audio
    That is also true they always get chased off. I think OP got upset at my post tho. I wasnt meaning anything towards her with it at all.

MY 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy31 View Post
    That is also true they always get chased off. I think OP got upset at my post tho. I wasnt meaning anything towards her with it at all.
    Hey Hey what did Rodney King Say Can can can we all just get along. Let it go. lets be friends. It's over

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Hey what did Rodney King Say Can can can we all just get along. Let it go. lets be friends. It's over
    lmao....ok my bad

MY 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Everyone

Is thought to do an up-date thing here. So I started on Wednesday and so far I am not loving this install. I was hoping to just have to RR some equipment and take my time and by this weekend be done. No where even close. I have to do cutting and cutting and customizing, oh my back hurts. The new rear 6 1/2 speakers that came in the CDT set don't fit and the adapter don't work. I have to send those speakers back. On front component set the 6 1/2 don't quite fit door so I had to cut and, oh did I say cut and customize to make them fit. O crap now the door panel don't fit. I had to, you guest it, cut, customize. I did not want to have to go though all this. I can see if it was at a car audio shop with all the right equipment to make it easy but, I don't have that. I did not have a lot of money to spend but look like I am spending more then I anticipated.

Well I sent back the rear CDT coaxial 6 1/2 speakers and found a Metra adapter that holds a 5 1/4 speaker with a 1 inch tweeter to a 5x7 opening, sweet!!! So I an going to get a CDT 5 1/4 component set and just mount that to the 5x7 Metra plates and WOOO HOOO sweet.

And the two Boston Acoustics amps look nice. I believe I got a good deal on them direct from Boston Acoustics and can't wait to fire them up.

Oh and the original install that this so called good shop did 10 years ago. Do I say more. I had purchased my equipment and took it to a so called local shop that I thought did fairly good work, been there for many years. They had wires laying under my driver dash on key car parts. Like brake pedal return spring and emergency brake shaft. And running over my steering shaft. On the Tacoma trucks they have the emergency brake shaft and it has a notch long way down the top part of the shaft and you can put your fingers and feel the spring there and the wire was just laying on it. And they also had wire tie-strap to my main brake pedal return spring. What!!! Do I go on. Oh this is good one, They had on my head unit the read RCA channels, they had only one channel plugged in and they had a Y adapter connected to make it into a 2 channel to my amp.
    OH and I am scared when the time comes to tune on system to see if they did not brake the other channel on my head unit and that it why they put the Y adaptor there to make it into a 2 channel. The other RCA channel does look kind of pushed in but I will find out when I check it.

As I said, in past years I did some installs at the car dealer I worked at and I NEVER EVER attached anything to a safety issue item. I guess I an lucky that nothing ever happened and the wires did not got caught in the brake or steering or something. I hope that professionals in the industry and maybe the Car Audio industry would clamp down on shops that do such crappy jobs. It just make the car audio industry look bad. Many of you know what I'm talking about. So now I have to change out old wire and install new stuff and re-run it properly up under the dash and so forth throughout the truck. And that takes time to do it right. They also had wire just running right under the carpet where people put there feet. Have you ever seen what happens when something like wire that has a current get chafed or rubbed open from rubbing. Yes it can happen. Think about it. People put there feet there and move them around and the constant rubbing on the metal floor can rub that wire open and cause a short. Is it so hard to run the wire up and out of the way. I can just imagine these days with all the electronics in cars today. You need to be extra cautious where you run or attach your wire.

When I eventually finish this Oh man it better kick ***. I may have to enter the sound off shows, Well maybe not but, a trophy for effort maybe

I been spending my time on this install that I forgot all about my home made beer I need to bottle. It has been fermenting now for over 2 weeks. Go to get them bottled.

And for you guys that said I need to do a install log, you know who you are. The one's that have never seen a RCA cable or an amplifier or a speaker, so on, you know who you are. LOL I did take some photos.

Back to work bye

Stephanie

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, its me again. You have not heard from me in a wile because i did finish the install and a short time later have been very busy with work. But i'm back with some more help needed again.

Ok, I did list in my install I had some kicker Substation KS60 6 1/2' subs in my little truck. And owned them for years and they sounded nice and have held up. But I have always kept my eye open for some KS80 8" ( why did kicker ever discontinue the tube KS series subs, they got great reviews) For me I had a small 04 Xcab tacoma and did not want to take up all my rear cab space with subs. So the KS60 were perfect. One of the things i liked about them, the flat bottom so not to roll around. And I just lay them down connect the wire and off I go. And I have had to take them out time to time to put things in or even a passenger in back. Easy to put in and out.

So to my question. I just purchased a pair of KS80 8" tube substations (old school) off e-bay from two different people that were selling (1 each) so picked up both. they are shipping out today to me. They said they were in good condition. Ok maybe. Everyone has there own opinion on what good condition is. So i just want to be po-active and post here to find out, if the subwoofer speakers are not that good and maybe just tired, I would like to replace them with new subs in the box and need some good intell on what brand or model of replacement sub 8" speaker could be put in there.

Heads up. I just last nite e-mailed Kicker to see what they recommended for replacement. Got e-mail reply , Comp 8" they said. Ok so checked on them, Oh well the original specs KS80 (see link) Kicker Product Manuals | KICKER Had a spec of 150rms and the new comp 8" has a rms on sub as 100rms. Hummm why would i want to replace a higher watt rms with a lower watt rms. Would you think to always in most cases go up watts then down. I would think to replace with same or even go up watts rms.

And for you posters on here that say " look at and read older posts for your answer" i did read some. One person commented that the old sub in the KS tube was made by Credance. Looked up that brand name and nothing found. Did find a brand named Cadence audio. (heard of them) Maybe original poster just spelled it wrong. Maybe there was a company named Credance. Poster said, that this company still made the sub a few years ago and maybe still today maybe but not sure, same sub but without the Kicker cone logo. Also I guess you need to make sure you have a replacement sub for the specs of the box also. Just not any sub 8" will work and sound good. I did as i stated in my original post get the 2 Boston Acoustic Amps. I did replace the GT-274 with the GTA-802. Purchased direct from BA Factory refurbished for $80 and free shipping could not pass that up. All I have read on BA amps has been nothing but good. They have plenty of power and should not be an issue to power a decent 8" sub. I will try out the KS80 to make sure they work well and sound good but, i am kind of leaning to replace them original subs in the box. Now that you have my question.

Any help on a 8" sub that would work as a replacement in that tube box. Brands or model numbers will help. Also I don't want to spend a gold coin on a set of new replacement subs ether. But I don't want rockstar swap-meet subs ether. yes I know your going to ask, what is your budget. ok maybe no more them $100 each, less if possible. Like my original post earlier this year, I plane to kept this truck and sound system many more years if possible. Ok now fire away with recommendations.

Thanks Stephanie

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can get an alpine type R 8, they arent too picky with subwoofer boxes.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

I looked at it and it looks nice but over budget. I bet the alpine sound good but i don't want to pay over $100 and would more like pay under that. I did check out the Comp 8" and it can be had for $50 to $60. Any others, there are many many subs on the market. someone has to have just the right one. I did sent a follow up e-mail back to Kicker about the Cadence or Credance however spelled, and asked them about it. I will let you know what they say. I have just been looking on Cadence website and the 8" subs. Nice stuff

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well since I had posted my question I have been searching internet and looking at different 8" subs for this box. WOW just so many to choose from and to find the right one. Single voice coil 4 ohm, dual voice coil, 2 ohm, coil dual 2 and 4 ohm, ohm and coil, this magnet and that power rms, Man oh man am i confused. I have seen many decent or maybe not, brands from anywhere from $50 to say $90 is a good place to start looking.

I have Seen, Rockford Fosgate, RE Audio, JBL, Planet Audio, Lanzar, Kicker, MTX, Infinity, SoundStream, Cerwin Vega, Polk, Pyle, Boss, AudioPipe, Crunch, Power Acoustic, Massive Audio, Sundown, MB Quart, Image Dynamics, Bass Master, (oh no bass master made that up) Get my point? Many Many brands. What oh what will work well and sound good for years to come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast