I created this account a while back but never posted anything. Now that I actually have a question about something and I'm posting, I thought I would post a thread here too.
I'm a 27 year old guy. I used to work in the new home construction industry, but because of an injury I had to give that up. So now I'm taking my long time hobby of repairing and building computers and electronic equipment and making a career out of it.
I'm going to my local community college, which actually has an excellent computer networking program. I'm going for a degree called CNET/NETWK.AAS Computer Network Security & Administration, which is an Associate's in Applied Sciences. Most of this stuff I already know how to do anyway, but I need the degree and certificates to actually get a good job in the field.
I've been into having and installing my own car audio systems since I've had a driver's license.
My current car, a 2006 Ford Focus ZXW, has a decent audio system in it I would like to think.
- HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996. I absolutely love the HD Radio. Sound quality is so much better than analog FM radio signals. No Sat radio or Pandora running from phone, but I use the included microphone for hands free calling and I also use a usb flash drive instead of CDs. Haven't used anything but digital for years now. Don't even own CDs anymore lol
- Front & Rear 5x7/6x8 door speakers: 1 pair is Polk DXi570, the other pair is Rockford T1682. They are powered by the head unit for now. I plan on getting a Kenwood KAC-8405 amplifier in the future for these speakers.
- Subwoofer: Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 3 12" (P3D2-12). wired for 4ohms.
- Sub Box: Sound Ordinance Bass Bunker 12" vented 1.60cu ft. box
- Sub Amplifier: Kenwood KAC-9105D outputting 500w RMS since the subwoofer is wired for 4 ohms. The amp will output 900w RMS/1800w Peak at 2ohms and it is 1ohm stable.