Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Worm needs help finding dirt

texastea is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon8 Worm needs help finding dirt

Hi everyone I am a newbie in every sense of the word, when it comes to this car audio.If you don't mind I could use some info from someone, who can at least tell ya what a crossover is!Here is what I need help with please bear with me.I recently purchased an 02 avalanche 1500 w/onstar and a factory stereo.The speakers were all blown so I decided to replace.So I bought two sets of infinity kappa60.9cs 1 set for back and 1 for up front.Purchased an infinity 475a 4 channel amp to drive it.I had this professionally installed ( for 457.00) I might add but they rewired the doors also so The thing is it sounds absolutey horrible.I am told to up grade head unit.Is the head unit from factory that bad.Heck the old speakers that came from factory sounded better.Is it becauce I now have so much more power that you hear so much distortion or something the tweeters which he mounted up high by your ears in the back I think make more noise than music.Can the head unit be to blame I swear it sounded better 1000.00 $ back with cheap speakers.If it is What would you recommend.I have been narrowing it down with SOUND QUALITY and of course MONEY as main factor so we talk single din which lead me to pioneer or kenwood .Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.I hope everyone is having a great year.Where I live in southern us it has been a hot DRY year and we finally ,(repeat) finally got some decent rain.At least it will help for next year! see ya and thanks

UnderFire is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Re: Worm needs help finding dirt

Sounds like the speakers aren't properly crossed over to me. Is there a lot of distortion in the bass?

97 4runner, 3RZ, 5 Speed

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
    Mids: CDT HD-6CF
    Tweets: CDT DRT-25
    Fronts Amp: Hertz HDP4
    Sub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1
    Substage: 18" SSA ZCON
    Electrical: 160 Amp Alt, Duralast Gold, C&D270FR, 2/0 Throughout

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I'll help you if you help me. Put your writing in proper paragraphs or else no one will want to read it. Give me a summary at least

Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

word

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

05fronty is offline SALT PETER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

lol

bought from ridinhi,vitveet,dbr,sicaudio and 99grandprixgt, and more ........... sold to player3,foomasta69, pitbull, brodiesel and dragnix 12887 traded with louisiana crx

"noobs that come in the dome will get gang raped!"
    nothing but a stock fosgate system with gps and back up camera lol
    2012 nissan sentra spec v with some goodies cumming though

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a lot of distortion in bass and tweeters.The speakers would go eardeafening loud but you can't stand the distortion after a quater loud.Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

sounds like your into that

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do believe I joined the wrong forum sorry I cannot take type proper that is not what I was here to learn If you could not figure out the prob from what I wrote I am astonished.I do believe that I articulated my problem well ehough for a person to get an idea as to what my audio problen is.If my use of paragraphs throws you off course of the issue at hand then I am obviously communicating with the wrong person.Thanks anyhow but I am here for audio help.Not proper sentence structure.

av83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sounds to me like a bad install. Have you gone back and asked why you paid a lot of money just for it to sound bad? Have you told them that you can't wait to show all of your friends, family, and associates just how awful a thousand dollars spent at their shop sounds? There are many different things that could cause the new equipment to sound bad.. But it is all install related and would be their fault anyway. It should sound good if it were installed correctly, even with a stock headunit.

80prs
    RF t800.4, CDT es-6mo, DD T2
    2 MB Quart DSC1500.1 strapped on 1 Tantric HDD 12
    Mike Singer 310 amp 6 phase
    2 runs of Monster Cable 1/0

Flex68 is offline dilligaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by texastea View Post
    I am here for audio help.
    GL with that, now, youngster.

I do believe I joined the wrong forum.
    Travel anywhere and show no and you'll get to do alot of traveling....

A valid point was made, whether you agree with it or not, whether you like it or not.
    If you're gonna write a book, then have enough courtesy for those having to read it in order to offer you their help and advice for free to use reasonable spacing and punctuation.

That is all !

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    Romney will [fornicate] me less than Obama already has and WAY less than what Obama has planned.
    Refs: adamtwo4, basscort2009, burzendowski, clanassa, cthedinger, ikoolguy, its_bacon12, Jew_Bagel, jr711, kreapin, kowboy, Rudy, TheRealDefman, Winter_C

HU:Eclipse CD7200 MkII
    Subs: Fack Skar Audio
    Front comps: HAT Clarus C61-2 off Sony ES 7547
    Electrical: C&D batt, Big 3 with 1/0, 4ga to amps, Stinger RCA’s
    Damping: 60mil FG panels over holes, full worx from SDS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah thanks for the reply,I do not know anything about how to install them.That is why I had them "professionally installed".They did not even angle the tweets .I think I got the shaft as they say I will have someone else look at it.Have any recomendations? I live in nowhere arkansas so I havent found much OBVIOUSLY, since I moved here from Mpls

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by av83 View Post
    Sounds to me like a bad install. Have you gone back and asked why you paid a lot of money just for it to sound bad? Have you told them that you can't wait to show all of your friends, family, and associates just how awful a thousand dollars spent at their shop sounds? There are many different things that could cause the new equipment to sound bad.. But it is all install related and would be their fault anyway. It should sound good if it were installed correctly, even with a stock headunit.

Agreed 100%

That's not terrible gear, so it's absolutely a f*ck up on the part of the persons who installed and set up things.

12. Likes av83 liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here here old boy,point taken.Yes it was valid and, pointless.Ridiculous,as I stated before whether you like it or agree as you said.I was not writing a book.You were not reading a book.Certainly not one you bought.So you were reading it for "free".Seems sad to me that we live in a time when some (way too many)take themselves and life way to seriously.Giving someone help and advice should always be "FOR FREE"Helping people is an honor.When you do it out of kindness,you help yourself as much as you help them.No pre or set conditions,just kindness.If you have managed somehow to make some sense of this (without proper spacing and structure) I commend you.The problem you see is not one on myself trying to be rude,or discourteous,it is ignorance on my part.THAT IS ALL.I do not even know how to move the cursor to start a new paragraph.So if you are not willing to help because I did not space properly then don't,and THAT IS THAT

AlterEgo99 is offline Streaming consciousness

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Hi everyone I am a newbie in every sense of the word, when it comes to this car audio.If you don't mind I could use some info from someone, who can at least tell ya what a crossover is!Here is what I need help with please bear with me.I recently purchased an 02 avalanche 1500 w/onstar and a factory stereo.The speakers were all blown so I decided to replace.So I bought two sets of infinity kappa60.9cs 1 set for back and 1 for up front.Purchased an infinity 475a 4 channel amp to drive it.I had this professionally installed ( for 457.00) I might add but they rewired the doors also so The thing is it sounds absolutey horrible.I am told to up grade head unit.Is the head unit from factory that bad.Heck the old speakers that came from factory sounded better.Is it becauce I now have so much more power that you hear so much distortion or something the tweeters which he mounted up high by your ears in the back I think make more noise than music.Can the head unit be to blame I swear it sounded better 1000.00 $ back with cheap speakers.If it is What would you recommend.I have been narrowing it down with SOUND QUALITY and of course MONEY as main factor so we talk single din which lead me to pioneer or kenwood .Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.I hope everyone is having a great year.Where I live in southern us it has been a hot DRY year and we finally ,(repeat) finally got some decent rain.At least it will help for next year! see ya and thanks
    tl;dnr

Welcome to Hell.

Eddie Izzard: Squirrels always eat nuts with two hands, always two hands, "arararar", and occasionally, they stop and go...oh, uh, ah, as if they're going, "Did I leave the gas on? No! No, I'm a fucking squirrel!"

Closed Thread