Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Aloha! Newb From San Francisco In This!

fredfifty is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aloha! Newb From San Francisco In This!

How ya doin people of caraudio.com? call me kawikz, 35 from SF, transplanted from Hawaii back in 93. I first got into audio enhancing when i got my first car, an 85 Mercury Marquis with a big trunk lol i remember crutchfield was my favorite spot for car audio stuff! i used to call in orders there or do it by mail since computers were never around when i was growing up. My first big system was in the 85 and boy was it a challenge! I only had two 12" subs, but it was in a sealed box me and my dad made, the subs were JBL Classics IIRC, I also had 4 Profile amps (california series) and like 12 mids and tweets throughout the interior lol the amps even had a fan that i rigged to power off the remote wire. I also had the profile crossover, bass cap, and high amp alternator. It was a pretty good system, no engine noise!

Now, I recently put in the SPH D100 AppRadio 2 and ND BC5 rear camera in my Trailblazer SS, and thats it for now...I also have a 91 5.0 with PPI amps with Polk and Clarion mids/tweets no subs, yet! In the dash is a basic pioneer cd player, nothin fancy..

I just recently decided to get back in car audio game, its been probably 16 years since i was deep in it, so i will ask questions about all this new crap comin out lol and im not into all that showy 12 sub setup, just 2 subs and nice crisp vocals...to me, its just fun figuring out how to build a setup and being creative at the same time, its a great feeling...anyways, ill be talkin to you all soon!!

kawikz

mylows10 is offline Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

Re: Aloha! Newb From San Francisco In This!

welcome ,i'm actually from san carlos but live down by gilroy now .my kids still live in san carlos and san mateo tho. so i'm up that way every now and then .i'm also the dc rep for nor cal and the ascendant dealer for the sf bay area as well as the american bass west coast distributer and a cdt dealer .if you have any questions about the new equipment available just hit me up .

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

fredfifty is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

right on bro, ill keep you in mind! nice website btw!

mylows10 is offline Cali DC PHD & Tantric rep

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)

cool

pioneer avhx 5500 dvd, gzpa 1.4000 x 2
    ab vfl 350.4 ,7 pc 2150 and a 150 ah power ware agm ,275 amp singer alt , 2nd one coming soon
    cdt 6.5 es 6 im mids,cdt es 010 tweets,es 02 mids ,mx1000 3 way x overs , sky high and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 tantric hdd 15's in a 9.5. ^3 ported no wall box 11.5 octo port.
    NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE
    http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Closed Thread