My Ride: 2004 Ford Expedition EB Model, currently no mods, clean slate.
- 2 18" Subs. Looking for something that gets loud, but is precise. No sloppy notes. I want my subs to drown me in a song. Thinking along the lines of LMS Ultra 5400's, DD 9518's, RE XXX's, etc. Opinions please?
- Undecided. Thinking something from Sundown as they are cosmetically simple, do their rated power, not over priced imo.
- 3 or 4 6.5's per door. Focal, Rainbow or RE XXX Components
- Dual 300a Alternators, give or take 50a's. Mechman, Excessive Amperage, idk yet. Ran Iraggi on my previous build, but that was 5 years ago or so and I have read some bad things lately about Iraggi, so I am second guessing them. *shrugs*
- Decided on Kinetik HC3800's for batteries.
- Sound Dampening will be Second Skin throughout. I don't compete, this will be a daily driver and, while I want to be loud, I want to hear everything in my music without rattles.
- Headunit will be Pioneer or Alpine touchscreen w/ navigation.
- Box specifics. Meh, going to be based on what subs I go with obviously, but unsure if I want it tuned around 28hz for just rap, or if I want to tune a bit higher and sacrifice some lows, but have a better experience with rock...have also thought about a sealed enclosure, but I don't know just yet. Throw your ideas at me. I haven't been into car audio lately. I am a sponge in this scenerio .
Only things that will be done to my vehicle on the exterior will be 24" KMC Vandals (black), debadged, billet grille, shaved door handles and custom paint. I am tired as hell right now from working all night, but gotta stay awake to watch my Seahawks play the Chiefs in 2 hours. If I forgot to add something, feel free to bring it up and I will address it.
My name is Mike. I am a single, full-time father of 2 little boys, ages 6 and 15 months. I love to BS, watch football, listen to music with the volume cranked. Yeah. Glad to be here, soak up some knowledge and contribute what I can.