Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New to forum, complete NOOB at audio and wants to get real serious about it!

omegaboost is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to forum, complete NOOB at audio and wants to get real serious about it!

Hey guys,

So here's the deal; I'm definitely not new to cars and tuning. In fact, I do own a 400+whp 300zx. I have quite a 'good' understanding if I may of anything that has to do with mechanics, how to make more power bla bla bla etc etc.

Now as much as I've been in the scene for quite a long time, I NEVER took the time to research or even take a look into audio simply because for some reason, I just dont listen to anything while I drive lol. Too busy spending money on power and handling mods.

Now I just recently started working on a new shop and they tend to do a lot of audio. Not to mention, they have show cars and I guess I can say that I'm starting to catch interest lol.

Anyhow, just like I always like to put premium stuff in my Z, same goes for audio. I'm basically looking to put only best into it but don't have a clue lol. Any good place to start??

ftw, I'm also looking to spend over $2000. maybe upwards of $4K. Is that enough for a good sound system????

Any input would really be appreciated.

jirehn is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New to forum, complete NOOB at audio and wants to get real serious about it!

I think you must do explore and do some research, just try it you will really make fun.

Falcons is offline that **** i dont like

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: New to forum, complete NOOB at audio and wants to get real serious about it!

dude we can build you a beastly system with 4k. lol

Things to look forward to:
    (2) 10" or 12" imperium audio designs subs
    set of PHD MF 6.5" comps
    Completely seal off and deaden my doors
    aquire a 2k amp
    aquire a 2 channel amp for front stage

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

you need to let us know what you want from this though. SPL or SQ? How much space do you have and how many subs do you want to run? Sub size? Front and rear stage speakers or just front stage? Co-axials or components (go with components though)?How much power do you want to run? Are you willing to upgrade your electrical?

There are more, but those can get you started

omegaboost is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnix View Post
    you need to let us know what you want from this though. SPL or SQ? How much space do you have and how many subs do you want to run? Sub size? Front and rear stage speakers or just front stage? Co-axials or components (go with components though)?How much power do you want to run? Are you willing to upgrade your electrical?

There are more, but those can get you started
    ya I'll go with components and as for subs well, there isnt much trunk space so I don't want to take too mcuh space either. I was thinking of getting 1 12" but any good suggest will be accepted lol.

I've been looking into MB Quart, Phoenix gold, JL audio and Focal. So far I've read that those are really good. Any suggestion?

Chaos1187 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omegaboost View Post
    ya I'll go with components and as for subs well, there isnt much trunk space so I don't want to take too mcuh space either. I was thinking of getting 1 12" but any good suggest will be accepted lol.

I've been looking into MB Quart, Phoenix gold, JL audio and Focal. So far I've read that those are really good. Any suggestion?
    Once upon a time their was a TC Sounds 12" in a very good ported box, 0 guage wire throughout, an extra battery, a small four channel, and front stage coaxials. It sounds pretty **** amazing. Sound deadner throughout all of trunk areas. Would be pretty decently in the center of your budget

Joseph7195 is offline Can't Walk, I still F*ck

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Welcome to the Forum! Here is a link to help you get started:

Useful Web Links and Car Audio References

When it comes to the brand and of course the highest end product, cost is always a subjective matter. I noticed you said that your new shop was involved with a lot of shows and that's what's peaking your audio interests? I would definitely go to a couple shows before I would make a very expensive purchase. You may end up spending a lot less, especially if the brand you demo'd is a relatively inexpensive brand! Your own ear will let you know what you like and plus, a lot of really cool people can be met at shows and their personal experiences with the products could help you make a more informed decision.

Don't forget that when you decide on a final set-up, start a build log, everybody here loves pictures! And if you have any specific questions, do a search, and then start a new thread if you can't find an answer, or PM me and I will help with anything you got.

Later!

Alpine 9833
    Boston Accoustics Front & Rear
    Cadence United Series Vegas 4 Channel
    Cadence S2W12-D2
    Cadence United Series Dakota Mono Amp
    Duralast 1,000 amp battery, X-Static 2,000 Amp Battery
    Rockford Foagate 1/0 wire, and interconnects
    Cadence shielded RCA wire
    Dynamat sound deadening, Fatmat sound deadening

Closed Thread